LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
tomorrow with a
vision for today …
SPACE CORPS believes in a shared vision
and a dream that takes humankind across
our solar system and eventually the stars.
The long path to that destination starts with
Who we are?
SPACE CORPS is a member driven
organization with the expressed goal of
enabling public access to space; conducting
manned and robotic space exploration; and
directly participating in the long-term
expansion of human kind across the stars.
Why are we different?
• Direct Member Participation –members are not merely advocates
but have the opportunity to directly propose, lead and participate as
team members on projects aligned with the organization’s goals.
• For-Profit – we believe sustainable space exploration must
ultimately be based on a vibrant and profitable business model.
• Member Owned – members directly share in the organization's
success by earning credits (convertible to equity) in exchange for
non-monetary contributions including volunteering time, skills, and
talent as well as monetary donations.
• Member Recognition – members are recognized for their
contributions by earning Space Corps ranks, awards, and increasing
• Diversified Approach to Capitalization – we believe achieving our
long-term goals will require diversified sources of capital based on
multiple lines of business and the creativity or our members.
How are we going to do it?
• Inspire fellow dreamers
• Build a passionate member corps
• Create sustainable sources of capital
• Develop a strategy for today that keeps tomorrow’s
dream clearly in focus
• Lead by doing
• Passion, imagination, and fun
And … by building, launching, and conducting
missions in space that further Space Corps’ goals
Inspiring fellow dreamers
• We need to build a large member corps of
likeminded, imaginative, and passionate
individuals that share in a common vision
• Leverage member skills, time, and passion on
real projects that propel our shared vision
• Excite members with increasing levels of
recognition, ability to participate in key decisions,
and eventual professional opportunities to join
SPACE CORPS as a full-time crew members.
Sustainable sources of capital
Build a sustainable and diversified revenue stream
and sources of capital to fund our primary vision
Near and mid-term examples:
– Commercial space related products & services
– Space related gaming and entertainment
– Branded SPACE CORPS merchandise
– Conferences and speaking engagements
– Grants and incentive programs
– Crowd funding
A strategy for today
• Leverage existing works such as the recently
updated Integrated Space Plan (ISP) as a guide
• Identify the critical paths leading to our future
• Define near-term goals and objectives
• Outline gaps in resources, capabilities,
technology, and science
• Publish a collaborative living roadmap
Lead by doing
• Leverage existing technology and partners
• Initiate and directly fund R&D efforts where
• Continuously develop, exercise, and and
improve our operational capabilities
• Starting small: build, launch, and conduct limited
missions in space that further our goals and
Passion, imagination, and fun
• Above all else, we need to be continuously
inspired and excited by our dreams
• “Play” is not just important it is essential
• Regularly use immersive simulations, thought
exercises, games, etc. to inspire our volunteers,
members, and the public.
• Let passion and imagination drive responsible
risk taking – challenge conventional thinking.
Building the Member Corps
• An open call for new members
• Identify individuals willing to donate time to
develop website, etc.
• Create Space Corps “rank” hierarchy to
recognize and reward members – make it fun
• Establish member corps forum, leverage online
social platforms, and initial interactive tools (e.g.,
“leader boards”, polling, “project board”) to
• Seek initial member corps with specific
skillsets and the passion needed launch
• Build out the SPACE CORPS web portal
• Attract, engage, and build a community of
• Recruit advisory board members
• Develop 18 month roadmap