2. Client Research
- Client is Sunderland College, they do multiple courses in different areas. They
have multiple different buildings for this with specialist equipment. One for art,
sports, a levels, health and social and with a library too.
- They want an enrolment poster to encourage others to enrol to the college and to
join a course. They want people to consider Sunderland College as an option for
learning with the variety of courses to do.
- Their campaigns normally have the Sunderland College logo on poster and facts
about the college. Some of the campaigns are particularly for a certain area of
career, as in, a target audience for one campaign might be acquired to people
who want to do e-sports or gaming and then it will show someone working in
that course and says the specialist equipment for that course
- The target age for this is post 16 to 19, as this college has some extended courses
and allows people who are 19 to do things like a-levels etc.
3. Audience Research
- My audience would be people 16-19 who want to join education and learn more for a job they want or just
as an interest and hobby.
- My clients audience target would be a varied of age from 16-19, any race and gender but the client would
target people who live more local as they would be more likely to enrol at the college than people who live
- The poster may be located around the college also as people who come for an open event may want to
know the enrolment times.
- They will want to target for people who want to work hard for a good grade and people who are
motivational. They will want someone who is kind and hasn’t got any strong/bad opinions like racism and
homophobia etc so they may want to include diversity and lgbtq+ in theirs posters so it will attract people
who are apart of the lgbtq+ community etc and it will make them feel comfortable and welcome to go to the
college as they know racism and homophobia etc of any kind will not be tolerated.
- As there might be some posters that specifically link to a career or a course, they might want to target
people who are interested in the specific course, as in if they made a poster that was specifically music they
might attract more people who will enrol at Sunderland College or might go to the open evening to learn
more about the college if interested. The college might put certain values and ethics to attract people whop
agree and have the same values and will eb able to portray the college is a positive light, it allows them to be
able to market more accurately.
4. This idea will work for my client because it is eye
catching because the photo will be professional and not
look like other competitive college posters. The
inspirational quote will attract motivational people to
want to enrol at the college. It also shows a student
being happy and the fact that there is professional
equipment for courses like photography etc. It has the
Sunderland Logo which is bright and is eye catching, it
shows that his poster belongs to this client so the target
audience will know where to go or search up if they are
interested in maybe enrolling to the college ongoing to
an open event.
This idea will work for my client because it is informational,
has percentages, contact information etc, it has information
about courses and open days and the website. It has photos
of the college facilities. It has the rating of the college and a
students opinion of the college. I think this idea is perfect for
the client as I has all of the information, a statistic on what
happen to most students after college. This is perfect for the
audience who want more information and prefer it over
pictures etc, however pictures are still there for more of a
visual insight into the college and the facilities.
This is my unedited photo, to get this photo we
used studio lights, and we adjusted it to make
the lights less bright and, in your face, to be
warmer and dimmer. This photo needed the
Sunderland College logo, and a quote. We edited
this photo to be less bright, so it is more friendly
6. Edited Photo
In the edited photo, I've made some of the
background more one colour rather. Then a
gradient, ive added the Sunderland College
logo and added in words ‘Sunderland
College’ so the audience will know what
college this is for. We adjusted the lighting
manually, so we didn’t need to edit the
original photo intensely.
7. However, with them dates, my model was ill, so I had to
post pone the photoshoot, while my model was off I did
work that I would normally do after my photoshoot so
when my model came back I wasn’t far back on my work.