LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
By: Federika Marty, Lola Villegas, Lucas Campion, Martin Anania
and Victoria Landolfo
- Stalin was the leader of the Soviet Union from the mid-1920s until his
death in 1953.
- He was a communist dictator.
- He took part on the ww1, but then his arm was injured.
What was the Nazi-Soviet pact
It was a pact between Hitler and Stalin were they
agreed they wouldn't attack each other, and secretly
agreed to invade Poland and split it between them.
● Hitler’s come to power in 1933
● Hitler was rearming
● Hitler hated Communism (possible attack)
● Looked for protection in the League
● Pact with France (France had failed stopping Hitler from
invading the Rhineland)
● Britain & France were powerless
● He knew that he would have to fight alone at one point
In March 1939, Britain, France and the USSR, met to negotiate.
They made an alliance against Hitler. Britain and France
promised Poland that if she was attacked by Germany, they
would defend her. Stalin thought that this would be worse.
On 24 August 1939 the Nazi-Soviet Pact was signed
● Divide Poland
● Not to attack one another
Why did Stalin sign the pact?
● He gained territory
● Most importantly, it gave him time to prepare
Why did Hitler sign the pact?
● Hitler would gain half of Poland, and he wouldn't have to
worry about facing a war with Russia as well as with France.
- The pact cleared the way for Hitler to invade Poland. So, on September 1st
1939, The German army invaded Poland from the west.
- Britain and France demanded her to withdraw from Poland or they would
- According to his plan, the next move would be attacking the USSR.
- Britain and France kept their promise and declared war on Germany on