LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Project Based Learning
◦ Description: 1.) Project Based Learning is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by
working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an engaging and complex question,
problem, or challenge.
◦ Description: 2.) Project-based learning is a dynamic classroom approach in which students actively explore
real-world problems and challenges and acquire a deeper knowledge.
◦ It addresses real-life issues
◦ Has the teacher serve as facilitator
◦ Motivate students
◦ Encourage advanced thinking skills
◦ Promote collaboration
◦ (We got this info from the PowerPoint Blanco posted on Blackboard)
◦ PBL Helps Students Develop Skills for Living in a Knowledge-Based, Highly Technological
◦ PBL and Technology Use Bring a New Relevance to the Learning at Hand
◦ PBL Lends Itself to Authentic Assessment
◦ PBL Promotes Lifelong Learning
◦ PBL Accommodates Students with Varying Learning Styles and Difference
Role in 21st Century
◦ * Students compare information from different sources before completing an assignment
◦ * Students draw their own conclusions based on analysis of numbers, facts, or relevant information
◦ * Students try to solve complex problems or answer questions that have no single correct solution
◦ * Students give feedback to peers or assess other students' work
◦ * Students convey their ideas using media other than a written paper (such as posters, blogs, or videos)
◦ * Students answer questions in front of an audience
◦ * Students generate their own ideas about how to confront a problem
◦ * West Virginia teachers have been able to implement PBL "as a way to teach and assess 21st-century skills
without sacrificing academic rigor," authors of the study point out. They also note that educators are
managing to make this shift in instruction with diverse learners.
◦ * What's more, all the PBL teachers in the study have provided professional development to colleagues.
These early adopters of PBL are walking the talk when it comes to
◦ 1. Create a Poster – create a poster using Glogster instead of getting out paper and markers
◦ 2. Videos – Students can show what they know using technology instead of pencil and paper
◦ 3. Blendspace – can combine different parts of project into one
◦ 4. PowerPoint – Students can create a power point as a project to show what they have learned
about in the unit
◦ 5. Wiki- allows students to share and view their work and can be used in and outside the
◦ “Butter the Bread” project
◦ We will read the book, The Butter Battle Book, out loud to the students.
◦ After reading the book we will work on the Butter the Bread Project.
◦ Ask the students to predict what would come next if the story continued.
◦ As a class, think of ways the butter battle could have been avoided. Ask the students to choose the two
ways they believe are the best, and print each way on a square of yellow construction paper 2” x 2”.
◦ Have the students make a piece of bread by cutting out cardboard. Students can then “butter” both sides
of their “bread” with a way to avoid battle.
◦ Then we will suspend the bread slices from the ceiling using string, so that both reasons can be seen.
◦ In conclusion, project based learning is a way for students to expand their knowledge than just a
traditional paper and pencil test
◦ This method does not discrimination against any resource or tool because it is about the students
◦ You can create really flexible lessons with project based learning
◦ Promotes social interaction which motivates students
◦ Allow students to critically think with out realizing it