1. Maryellen T. Abram
Email – email@example.com
Highly organized and detail oriented Project Finance Analyst with experience in
forecasting, cost tracking, change control management, and cash flow. Results oriented
with both hands-on and management experience in all aspects of finance and accounting.
Innovative, pro-active problem solver who drives continuous process improvements.
Proficient in working in team–oriented environments with a variety of internal and
Matrix NAC, Eddystone, PA April 2012 - Present
Manager, Project Administration
• Direct and manage project administrator staff to ensure the department’s
cornerstone function of account invoicing, collections and auditing.
• Review contracts and ensure all projects are set-up and forecasted properly,
change orders processed, and labor rates are accurate.
• Prepare and lead weekly CIE/A/R meeting with project administrator staff.
• Develop, recommend, and implement processes and procedures that ensure the
efficient and consistent processing of project related data.
• Collaborate with Project Controls to assign job specific WBS for tracking and
invoicing per contract / customer requirements.
• Implement staff training and education to meet departmental objectives.
• Provide project pre-planning to Project Managers to facilitate accurate job set up
and execution per customer requirements.
• Work with Business Management group on process improvement.
• Produced a reduction in Cost In Excess of 61% from CY11 to CY13.
• Evaluated and implemented processes to the A/R department that effectively
reduced Aged Trial Balance over 60+ days receivable from 6+% to a low of 1%.
Sunoco Inc., Philadelphia, PA
Project Controls Lead November 2005 – April 2012
• Facilitate all cost control processes, track and report project budgets, commitments,
expenditures and forecasts on large capital projects ranging from $5 - $95M.
• Collaborated with the Estimator and Project Scheduler to assign job-specific code of
accounts in accordance with the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
• Analysis of resource hours, staffing plan, project cash flow, cost tracking, forecasting,
and change control.
• Develop weekly and monthly cost reports utilizing ‘Earned Value Reporting’, Plan Spent
versus Actual Spent’.
• Preparation of purchase orders against approved contracts and work orders for projects
with proper financial G/L coding.
• Report contractor performance on weekly basis to Project Management with analysis on how
2. project milestones would be impacted based on current performance.
• Reconcile financial systems as relates to assigned projects.
• Initiate Vendor Headcount setup and reporting for projects to measure against the plan
and identify potential issues.
• Support and manage Timekeeper and Finance Analyst functions, reconciliation of
financial systems as relates to current project.
• Track timesheet approval coordinator.
• Support, lead and participate in the (IPA) Independent Project Analysis of various assigned
projects. Sunoco’s project control team was rated first quartile per IPA 2011.
• Assist re-write of Capital Project Controls Procedures.
• Develop and implemented procedures for Small Capital Projects.
• Provide support with Risk Management / VIPs / Lessons Learned / Benchmarking Metrics /
Finance Analyst March – October 2005
• Reported daily man power to project team.
• Coordinated Vendor/Contractor payment of labor, equipment and material in compliance with
all company audits and accounting procedures.
• Validation of hard copy invoices to contract terms, conditions, rates and electronic gating
system. Process invoices in compliance with all company audit and accounting procedures.
• Recorded pre-payment audit savings, of $4.5 million for the year 2010.
J.J. White Incorporated, Philadelphia, PA 1987–2005
Billing – Accounts Receivable Supervisor
• Manage billings for Mechanical, General Construction, HVAC and Exchanger Divisions.
• Contract, AIA and Retainage invoicing in compliance with Owner contracts.
• Process time and material sheets; verify time against payroll and A/P entry (Cost Plus Jobs).
• Produce billing rates per contract and union requirements for multiple states.
• Reviewed Change Order Requests and identified any cost or schedule impacts to project.
• Work heavily with the Vice-President of Finance, Project Managers and job superintendents
to ensure proper billing procedures for the owner.
• Invoicing performed using Versyss System, Excel, CMS (Construction Management System),
• Direct, train and manage Billing Department staff and Field Timekeepers at multiple
• Responsible for all accounts receivable functions and reporting including budgets, collections,
commitments, and expenditures. Sales and Cash Receipts entries. ACH deposits, EDI and
• Design of upgrades for billing department in the Versyss System.
• Received “Best Suggestion” Award three years consecutively.
Partners in Leadership Holding Others Accountable Workshop 2015
MSC Tax and Fee Committee Pennsylvania Sales & Uses Taxes Webinar 2015
Lorman Education Services Job Cost Reports: The Invaluable Job Story 2014
Lorman Education Services Change Order Basics 2013
Independent Project Analysis Cost Engineering Committee 2011
PMI (Project Management Institute) Project Management: Competencies and Structure
Including an Application of the Guide to the Project
Management Body of Knowledge(PMBOK Guide) 2010
Villanova University Foundations in Project Management 2007
Temple University Accounting/Data Programming 1987-1989
Cardinal Dougherty HS 1981-1985
Microsoft Word/Excel (writing macros, creating charts and pivot tables), Track, Crystal Reports,
On-Base, Primavera P6 (open layouts, update Portfolio information, including Appropriations,
and spending projections), PowerPoint, Ariba, Document Management, FAMIS, EMPAC,
Versyss, CMS, CCM, CCR, Penta, SharePoint, and CostCap.