LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• Desmania is a multidisciplinary design
house with 21 years of eventful and
• Vast experience across the industry
segments with expertise in Product,
Packaging and Retail design
• State of the art infrastructure, with in-
house 3D printing, modeling
workshop, CMM, paint shop and clay
• Strong workforce of designers,
engineers & modelers.
21+ Years l 100+ Clients l 1000+ Projects
• Design thinking can make our world a better place to live
• Delight the user through total brand experience
• Research driven user centric design approach
• Excavate the hidden needs of a socio-economic – religious-cultural landscape
• Professional ethics supercedes everything
• Honor the commitment at any cost
• Listen, and let the work speak
• Design for great execution
• Word of mouth is more effective than media
• WOW! travel faster
Research Concept Mockups Prototype Engineering Mold MakerProduct Design
Retail Design Physical Store Design In-store Solution Devices
Emotional (Touch point of
Plastics Glass Paper Metal
• Desmania has a unique research
process that strives to capture the
physical, sensorial & emotional needs
of the consumers.
• The systems approach facilitates a
holistic view of all the variables that
determine the final outcome of design.
• It is thorough, tested and proven.
• Protostudio at Desmania is very well
• RPT (Rapid Prototyping Tools)
• 3D Printing
• CNC* milling
• Appearance models (mock-ups) can be
made for any product in any size
• These models are used for the design
validation in focus group discussions
* Computer Numerical Controlled
• Autostudio has styling and modelling
(prototyping) facilities integrated into a
state of the art studio.
• Its clay modelling facility is unique and
has a 4mx8m plate with CMM* arms.
• Other facilities includes:
• CNC milling
* Coordinate Measuring Machine
• Desmania has partnered with the best
of corporate and MSME (Micro, Small
and Medium Enterprises) to provide
design solutions in product, packaging,
branding, retail and engineering design
• Designing for the mass market needs a
holistic view to satisfy all the
stakeholders, without diverting from
the core needs of the user
• Working with the market leaders has
given an opportunity to have deep
insight into the industry’s best
Desmania – Major Operations from Mumbai office
Projects Undertaken by me
• Bajaj Antique Fans
• HPCL Packaging
• MILTON Serving Trays
Bajaj Antique Fan
• The form language should bring out that old age artistic elements into
• Explore the diverse culture of India/world for inspiration.
• Inspiration can be from architecture, sculpture, jewellery, handicrafts,
textiles, weaponry, important articles of use.
Upper Motor Housing
Lower Motor Housing
of a celling fan
Motor Winding Varnish Upper Motor Housing
Fitment for Shank
Fitment of Top and
Inspection & Quality CheckInspection and TestingReady for Packaging
• Existing package has standard shape and structure which existed around
seven years and now becoming monotonous from market acceptance
• To remain competitive in the market and in view of the above , a new
container will be designed with following attributes
• Distinct aesthetics and premium look
• Increase quality perception of consumer at retail level
• 100% leak-proof
• Easy dispensing of product/ Consumer friendly
• Image driver for Brand
• Production and supply chain friendly
Manufacturing Process – Blow Molding
• The plastic bottles used to hold potable water and other drinks are made from
polyethylene terephthalate (PET), because the material is both strong and light.
• The first stage in bottle manufacturing is stretch blow molding.
• The PET is heated and placed in a mould, where it assumes the shape of a long,
thin tube. (The process by which the plastic is forced into the mold is
called injection molding.)
• The tube of PET, now called a parison, is then transferred into a second, bottle-
• A thin steel rod, called a mandrel, is slid inside the parison where it fills the
parison with highly pressurized air, and stretch blow moulding begins: as a result
of the pressurized air, heat and pressure, the parison is blown and stretched into
the mold, assuming a bottle shape.
• The melamine resin make tray under very intense heat
• The process is truly two-fold. The maker of the polymer
compound creates the melamine compound and the
molder completes the process by molding the
• Molding the melamine tray begins with the arrival of
the white or colored crystalline powder or molding
compound. The powder is then injected into molds
under high heat and pressure (temperature depends
upon the size of the object).
• The heat melts the melamine and the pressure
removes any excess water. If the excess water is not
removed it will cause the polymer to become unstable
in the curing process.
Melamine Molding Machine
Water transfer printing
• Firstly product is hand sanded and than a layer of primer is
put on the product and lastly a coat of base colour is given to
• Let the Hydrographic film settles on the surface of water
(hot water 28-30.c)
• Product is then dipped into water in such a way so that film
gets stuck onto the product surface
• Once the film is settled washing process starts. Water is
splashed from all direction so that all excess film gets
• After its washed and dried a coat of clear liquid is sprayed
• Once the coat is settled products are heated in oven for 10-
RHINOCEROS 5 – 3D modelling software
KEYSHOT 4 – Rendering Software
My Take Away
“Experience is teacher of all things.”
• According to me Any Design Process starts from WHAT, WHY and HOW?
• For any Project to start one should explore what is to be done and why is to be
done. Once it is clear then only find ways how is it to be done.
• Here at Desmania I learnt that how a design agency works and what design
approach we follow. In order to design any product a certain specific process is
followed. The design process starts with Research followed by Ideation. Once
the ideas are selected then the stage of design and engineering starts and
• Apart from design process I also learnt Design tools i.e. Rhinoceros and Keyshot
for 3D modelling and Rendering.