1. Confidential Page 1 2/18/17
OBJECTIVE: APPLICATION IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ADVERTISED POSITION.
Nationality: South African
Academic Level: MBA, (June 2005); University of Leicester, UK
Major: International Strategy, Int. Marketing, Operations Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Identity Number: 6210105061088
Experience: International Multi Location Operational Experience, level of MD / GM
Strengths: International Strategy, Operations, International Marketing, New project start-up’s.
Marital status: Married
Dependants: Three (16 years, 5 years and 21 month old boys)
Mobile: 00260 - 965 431 863 (Preferred)
What drives me: Success and achieving my bottom line result.
Motto: “Excuses are for failures, acknowledge obstacle(s) and find solutions. Always keep your eyes
on the goal”. Micheal Eddie 2013.
My operating methodology to any project: understand the objectives, analyse the current area of concern, interview
all staff to confirm their understanding / gap(s), identify areas of opportunity / redress, put action plan with time lines
in place and present to one up report. I start with the priority and then work through each goal. I put measuring tools
in place for each area and ensure that each action plan is self-sustaining and has continuity long after the project is
I have also owned and managed my Business Consultancy and Retail Training Company and I had successes in a
number of companies in Botswana in: reducing shrinkage, turning business around, training management and staff,
introducing or re-establishing policies and procedure and maximising trading densities. I received recommendations
and was referred to AMSCO (UNDP) which operates throughout Africa. They engaged me and tied in my company
to my current three year project in Zambia. I have exceeded my goals in the first one and half years.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Strategy Development & Execution
PRESENT WORK OVERVIEW
Presently designated as a General Manager Bright Horizon Limited t/a Max Zambia (2014 - Till Date)
Drive the development of the short and long term strategy including supporting implementation of strategic initiatives
agreed upon by the leadership team. Proactively anticipate business opportunities, and lead investigation, design
and execution of those initiatives - analyse solutions, build the business case, influence stakeholders, and drive
execution and change. Provide guidance to business units on certain strategic initiatives and take the lead in others.
Scope, plan, and structure the work, and gain alignment with the operating company leaders on timeline, implications
and key metrics. Develop and implement financial models and other quantitative and qualitative assessment tools for
P/Bag 247 # Box E891, Postnet Manda Hill, Lusaka, Zambia, (C) 00260-965431863, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Confidential Page 2 2/18/17
strategic analysis, business valuation, profitability analysis, etc.
Conduct qualitative and quantitative research in order to assess market, customers, competitors and technology,
including survey design and analysis, customer focus groups, benchmarking, forecasting, etc. Build credibility with
business unit leaders and their teams, and make meaningful contributions to the strategic direction and key decisions
of their organisations. Collaborate with a range of internal stakeholders to develop recommendations and gain
alignment. Develop the Strategy team by recruiting, on-boarding, and mentoring team members.
Partner with the leadership team to identify and evaluate potential technology and service related acquisition
opportunities. Conduct primary and secondary research on target companies and their markets, channels, and
competitors; analyse the target company’s value proposition, competitive position, and financial performance to
assess opportunities to create value post-acquisition. Identify and monitor industry and technology trends, channel
evolution, and key competitors’ strategies and tactics; identify and evaluate issues that could potentially impact
operating company’s competitive position, and financial performance. Lead the development of best practices –
frameworks, models, templates, play books, etc. for consistent, reliable and repeatable execution.
Provide ongoing communications to the senior leadership team as appropriate. Prepare for key internal and external
executive workshops and briefings. Facilitate joint problem-solving sessions with senior-level business partners.
Maintain a passion for continual improvement of company processes and organisation, and contribute to the ongoing
development of systems, people, and overall success.
Reason for leaving: Contract ending, I need the experience of heading up a large international corporation.
• Organisational Compliance • Big picture management • Report writing & presentation
• Visionary Leader • Key Partnership Development • Organisational Restructuring
• Global Strategy Growth • Training & Development • Risk Management
• Budget / Sales Forecast • Policy & Procedure Development • Goal Formulation
• Drawing up training specific models.• New business start-ups • Franchise contract & agreement
• New location Management • Brand growth strategy • Brand Marketing Strategy
• Profit driven • Teamwork initiator • Excellent negotiating skills
• Monthly travel • Strategy role out • Administration checks
• Board strategy role out • Brand Standards management • Profit & Loss
• Store Budgets • Training & Development • Goals Setting and reviews
• Reporting to board • I. R & H.R relations • Customer relations
• Stock budgets • Communications • Asset management
• Merchandise review buying stock • Research • Promotions
• Profit driven / Excellent negotiation skills / Good communicator on all levels / Leading team to obtain results
• Self-starter / Manage Profit & Loss to obtain profit / Pro-active optimist / I see opportunity in every situation
• Manage and train my resources / Always obtained the best results / Senior management retail experience
• Determent and consistent / Resilient character / People person / Multi cultural experience / Multi store and multi
country experience / Research experience in grocery and fashion retailing
01/05/11 to 06/01/12 Business Diagnostics & Solutions (Pty) Ltd, Managing Director
04/04/06 to 30/04/11 Handa Fashion Stores Multi-Sites Group Operations Manager, reporting directly to the CEO
07/01/06 to 04/04/06 SACIM Insurance Brokers (Pty) Ltd, Director
07/08/02 to 03/01/06 Edgars Departmental Fashion Store,Branch Manager (2000m² Trading Area)
07/11/98 to 07/08/02 Smart Centre, Patrick Daniel and Bee-Gee, Group Regional Manager, Botswana and South Africa
07/11/94 to 06/11/98 Sales House (Northern Transvaal, RSA, Area Manager
01/09/88 to 01/11/94 Pick ‘n Pay (Southern Transvaal, RSA) , Store Manager (FMCG, Departmental store)
07/01/86 to 01/09/88 Riverlea High School, High School Teacher (Mathematics & Biology Departmental)
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
3. Confidential Page 3 2/18/17
Best Progress award (Pick ‘n Pay) / Advanced Management Training Program / Executive development program
References will be provided on request