1. MIKE N. KAPADYA
1121 W. Goldfinch Way
Chandler, AZ 85286
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 34 years multi-faceted computer systems experience.
Recent 23 years in Technical Project Management and Business Analysis.
Demonstrated ability to design and implement technology solutions and efficiently schedule and
organize strategic ERP projects.
Excellent presentation, communication, team-oriented leadership skills and ability to solve complex
problems using strong analytical and disciplined approach.
Desire challenging position as a Systems-Business Analyst / Project Manager / Design & Development / Consultant.
6/84 - 8/86 BS COMPUTER ENGINEERING;
California State University, Fullerton, California
6/81 - 5/84 AA, ELECTRONICS;
Fullerton College, Fullerton, California
2/08 – Present
Maricopa Community Colleges
During this period I have reported to Acting VC Information Technology, Director Strategic Technology, Director
Purchasing & Planning, Director Security Policy, District Director Organization HR, VP Financial Aid,
Chancellor’s Innovation Team, HRMS Upgrade / SIS Project / Identity Management Teams. Recent projects
include, MAW (Maricopa Account Wizard) limited scope rebuild and test, MMA (Manage My Account) test and
validate design, Data Mining of Class Historical Equivalency, Seamless Student Experience / Chancellor’s non-
negotiables, ITS Bond Account Financial Project Closing(s), Implementation OTRS, ITOP using ITIL Service
Catalog at partner colleges and evaluating CMDB for District use. Member of team with responsibilities for
AZURE, Google Services and Identity/Account Management. Perform ID analysis using SQL scripts in TOAD and
SOFTERA. Build dashboard, audit transactions and mine data using ADAudit Plus.
Successfully lead and facilitate complex business systems analysis and improvement projects at District Office
including 10 colleges and document them in Visio and standardized templates. Develop strategies for implementing
technology solutions based on customer requirements. Direct user groups and project staff through workflow
analysis including research, re-design, development and enhancements to optimize the use of existing computing
technologies. Built TCO, ROI models for all new ITS Projects, as part of Governance requirements.
Plan and organize projects using Project Management methodologies. Coordinate and direct the activities of others;
analyze complex data; assess needs; analyze the impact of policy revisions resulting from technology modifications;
diagnose problems, perform root cause analysis and recommend appropriate solutions. Assisted with Business
Impact of Account Security Analysis & Audits.
Developed and Delivered MCCCD coursework for BA (Business Analysis) / PM (Project Management) / Project
Champion and Organizational Analysis.
2. Built high level design, tested and verified system based on user requirements for EOLT programs that automated
Development Programs on the web. Retooled technology solutions for several HR functions as part of the overall
VC HR improvement initiative and performed detailed HR hiring timeline enhancements with time standard metrics.
Collect, analyze and interpret technical data to identify scope and impact of business problems; write project
document which defines strategy, resources needed, timeframes and other pertinent information; facilitate subject
matter expert team meetings, investigate opportunities for improvement using Six Sigma, and Lean principles;
enable implementation of best solution with project committee. Use metrics, KPI and future state modeling
scenarios with best practices in educational computing applications; apply GAP, value analysis, NGT, survey tools
and techniques to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase stakeholder value in the use of information
technologies and positively influence organizational units and structures for maximum benefits. Project Manager for
lifecycle development of student success program. Used Mind Mapping, developed SMART performance indicators
& Goals, facilitated Affinity Diagramming sessions, Cause and Effect Analysis - Ishikawa - fishbone diagramming,
Force Field Analysis, Value Analysis, 5 Why exercises, 6 Thinking Hats.
10/02 – 2/08
Chandler Gilbert Community College
Elicit, scope, define business needs using Activity, Use Case, State UML diagrams. User requirements gathering,
prototype forms development and graphical representation using Microsoft Visio and Project. Coordination of work
groups, software documentation, automating business workflow definitions and implementation of best practices.
Group presentations / interview analysis of complex business problems. Provide technical assistance in identifying,
evaluating, and developing systems and process improvement procedures that are cost effective and meet business
requirements. Work with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend
changes. Prepare specifications for system changes, re-engineer technical systems for greater efficiencies. Manage
development projects through all phases of software development life cycle. Gather business requirements and
document these into standardized document templates. Customer liaison for implementations as well as migrations.
Project scope documentation. Visually explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Solve Technical
Problems related to Infrastructure, Operations, Data Warehouses, Enterprise Wide Deployment. Plan & Implement
Projects. Windows Active Directory migration, meta-directory design and implementation. Customer Service to
faculty and staff using Remedy ticketing system. Inventory tracking, metrics design/analysis and reporting.
Automating data acquisition and unifying repositories and data interchange with Altiris, WorkFlow, Remedy and
web based applications. Performed ER modeling. Software, Hardware, Purchasing, Licensing, Receiving, Remedy
design/enhancement projects. Business rules based remedy modifications with external systems. Designed
receiving system using Access database interfaced with Oracle CFS and imported into Remedy. QA, user
acceptance testing, deliverables and buyoff coordination. Employed PDCA, DMAIC, Impact vs. Effort and SWOT
Analysis with functional teams, data driven for optimized business metrics yielding lower defects, cost, errors and
improved stakeholder value.
2/00 - 10/02 At home full time dad. Home based IT Consulting. Oracle, Microsoft Certifications and training.
10/98 - 1/00
Senior IT Consultant, Y2K IT Project Manager
The Dial Corporation, Alloy Systems
• Lead Dial Corporation's Y2K Test Lab activities and assisted Project Team in remediation of 135 mission
critical IT applications and infrastructure. Established cross functional teams, facilitated meetings, set
objectives and tasks, monitored progress, resolved conflicts and interfaced with senior management.
• Designed and managed ACCESS / SQL database decision support and knowledge base systems.
• Developed CRM applications with custom EDI and multi-dimensional application queries. Implemented
data warehousing, analytics, and decision support systems (DSS) using OSA and OSF (Oracle Sales and
Financial Analyzer). Wrote business/user, functional and technical specifications and established QA/Test
and acceptance scripts.
• Successfully conceptualized and implemented Disaster Recovery. Assessed project resource requirements,
needs analysis, engineered processes, developed policies, methodology and transformed business
requirements to technology solutions.
3. 3/95 - 10/98
Information Systems Specialist
• Optimized benefits of networks and evaluated new technologies and analyzed existing systems for
• Designed, installed and configured Novell / Microsoft NT networks.
• Administered and upgraded fileservers and workstations. Full life cycle management of Help Desk, Work
Flow and Accounting Applications.
• Implemented ERP, Informatica suites and data modeling for business intelligence.
• Resolved competing demands for Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Quality and created Work Breakdown Structure
• HP 3000 operations and Network / Systems Administration.
• Assisted ISO9000 team with certifications and conducted critical path analysis for all IT projects.
• Qualified, debugged, integrated systems, created standards, deployed applications, managed rollouts and
resolved compatibility issues.
• Managed LAN / WAN of 75-80 computer systems, including operations, maintenance, troubleshooting,
backup and restore across four off site locations.
• Successfully completed complex projects utilizing Fax Servers, HP Netservers, Compaq Proliant Servers,
Printservers, HP 3000/9000, Data Communications Equipment, Hubs, Routers, Bridges, Terminals,
Diskless Workstations, achieving greater efficiency and lower cost.
• Developed expertise in DOS / WINDOWS (3.x, 95, 98) environment.
9/92 - 2/95
Birtcher Medical Systems
• Networked standalone applications on Ethernet using Novell 2.x, 3.x, 4.x and NT 4.0.
• Conducted training classes and assisted users for utilizing available resources.
• Defined project plans and presented specifications for computer and peripheral procurement and provided
recommendations to upper management.
• Work Flow, process flow and logical flow chart design, review, analysis and implementation. Root Cause
Analysis to eliminate down time and service disruptions.
• Investigated and evaluated third party software and provided computer services to all departments.
Interacted with and supported groups with their network / computer, configurations and problem resolution.
• Coordinated activities in operating electronic data processing systems.
4/90 - 8/92
Los Angeles, California
• Hardware / Software installation, upgrade, maintenance, debugging, customization, analysis and
• Supported tape drive systems development for IBM AS/400. Streamlining and Manufacturing Engineering
of complex computer systems using TQM (Total Quality Management), SPC (Statistical Process Control)
and Six Sigma techniques. Analyzed and monitored S Curve for product life cycle management with
performance KPIs. Reverse Engineered Philips, Memorex Telex, IBM backup systems. Received Partner
Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award IBM/VAR.
• Designed inventory, manufacturing and relational information management systems using DBASE to
automate and track key business metrics.
• Developed extensive working knowledge of IBM PC, peripherals, laptops, video, printers / plotters,
scanning / imaging equipment. Build workflow with HP3000/MPE/iX system.
• Solved networking problems, test run programs, Beta testing and troubleshooting.
4. 4/86 - 4/90
Century Data Systems, Xerox
• Wrote programs, batch files and implemented applications to automate computer data acquisition systems.
• Re-engineered single bit storage system to innovative arrays to deliver high performance imaging systems.
Implemented business driven Key Performance Indicators and Key Success Indicators with live dashboard
metrics to deliver world class product, minimizing failures, errors and costs and maximizing customer
value and quality.
7/81 - 4/86 Remex, Unit of Ex-Cello Corporation
• Wrote Software in BASIC, Assembly, Machine Language and proprietary systems for testing equipment.
Designed test hardware / software and maintained PDP11 and IBM/36 test systems.
• Operated Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and Computer Aided Test (CAT) Systems.
CONTINUING EDUCATION & TRAINING
Attended various seminars and courses on Customer Service Excellence, HP Training, Microsoft / Novell Software,
Computer Networking, Client Server Development, Rollout, Test, Quality Assurance, Intranet / Internet, E-Business
/ Commerce, Vendor Negotiations, Project Management Professional, Professional in Business Analysis, SDLC,
Oracle. Proficient in WORD, VISIO, POWERPOINT, EXCEL, ACCESS, NETWARE, WINDOWS, UNIX,
WORDPERFECT, LOTUS, PEACHTREE, Track-It, FOXPRO, ERWin, ARCSERVE, REFLECTIONS,
MINISOFT, SIDEKICK, NORTON, GHOST, REMEDY, Anti-Virus, PROCOMM. Knowledge of OS/2,
Assembly, Fortran, C, Basic, Autocad, Automation Control Software, TCP/IP, MPE/iX, ManMan, Web Page
Design, Internet Explorer, Netscape, HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, WhatsUp Gold, Crystal Reports, Altiris.
Received professional excellence recognition from executive management in 1991, 1996 and 2000. Senior project
team leader in academic work. US Citizen, Multi-lingual.