LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
We are linear thinkers . We project where things are going to be by looking at the past .
We are moving from Scarcity >>> Abundance and we need to adapt our mindset to the new reality !
What are the key changes we need in our mindset to succeed in the new era of exponentially growing technologies ?
From Linear to Exponential
HONG KONG , MAY 2015
1. The Evolution of the Human Race (1)
- We evolved to survive as a species and this evolution was
- The change was linear and local .
- Things did not even change from century to century . Till
1500 -1700 everything changed slowly
- Now the change is exponential and the world is global
1. The Evolution of the Human Race (2 )
- We are linear thinkers . We project where things are going to
be by looking at the past .
- 1000 yeas ago only Kings could create major changes
- 100 years ago were only the industrialists (Carnegie ,
- Today Small companies can do things that in the past only
governments or big multinationals could do ( e g Space X versus
NASA , INSTAGRAM with 13 employees had a valuation of 1
1. The Evolution of the Human Race (3 )
What is next ? The individual will be
able to do what only a big company
could do 20 years ago !
2. Scarcity is disappearing ……. (1 )
- The cost of transportation , food , communication has become more than
100 times cheaper
- Wealth and Health is growing and improving
- Human Longevity has Doubled the last 100 years
- Money and resource availability is growing exponentially ( crowd sourcing ,
crowd funding ,… )
- Education is growing , becomes everywhere available and cheaper (on line)
- 1 individual with Smartphone has more power in his/her hands than any
president of any country 25 years ago !
Scarcity is disappearing ……. (2)
- Kids have now the tools to create big companies (
Instagram , Uber , AirBnB , ……. )
- With New 3 billion connected consumers the coming 5 -7
years (2020-2022) what will be the result in relation to
Innovation , economic growth ,….. ?
3.Exponentially Growing Technologies (1)
Moore’s Law ( Doubling Power almost every 18
- Integrated Circuits : 2 transistors in 1958 >> 2300 transistors in
1971 and >> 7100000000 transistors in 2012
- Dynamic memory ( Bits per dollar) : exponential fall cost of memory
- Processor Performance ( MIPS)
- Solar Panels
3.Exponentially Growing Technologies (2)
With Information Technology growing exponentially every
field of science/business sector that has significant
information content is growing or will become more efficient
Computers /Smartphones , Cloud Computing, Networking ,
Mobile Communication , Social Networking , Healthcare ,
Transportation , Hospitality , Security , Biotechnology ,
Nanotechnology , Robotics, Artificial Intelligence , Data
Analytics , Banking , Insurance , 3D Printing …
3.Exponentially Growing Technologies (3)
- Every exponentially growing technology has a deceptive period
that it grows slowly followed from the disruptive period where it
- Although currently an 800 USD computer is inferior in
computational power to the human brain with the exponential
growth of computational power it is expected that by 2023 an
800 USD computer will match the human brain power.
- The Transition point from Deceptive to Disruptive is very
important for the timing of successful new businesses.
4. Examples of Applications of
Exponentially Growing Technologies
- Robotics : Self driving cars ( Google) and Drones
- Artificial Intelligence : Watson ( IBM Computer) eliminates any
human opponent in Jeopardy
- Cloud Computing : cost per hour is declining monthly
- 3D Printing : Customized Cars , Human parts, ..
- Biotechnology: Synthetic substances for fuel , food , vaccines and
soon genes !! , Stem cells will extend human life over 150 years
- Nanotechnology :Genetically modified Silk stronger than Steel ,
Artificial diamonds ,…
5. Key Impacts of Exponentials (1 )
Dematerialization : Physical Product become digitized and are distributed as bits
- Consumer electronics product categories ( Audio , camera, Video , GPS , Display… )
have been almost eliminated from SmartPhones
- Transportation : Not owning a car and instead use UBER for cars as the total life time
cost of owning a car is higher
- Books : From material books to Online Books (bits) , From DVD to on line streaming
- Miniaturization of products will have great impact in the environment
5.Key Impacts of Exponentials (2)
Demonetization: Reduces the value of a market segment (
especially services but not only ) by introducing a new Business model
- Skype >> Long Distance calls
- iTunes >> Record stores
- Amazon >> Book Stores
- AirBnB >> Hotel Chains
- craigslist >> Classified Ads
- Uber >> Taxi Fleets
5.Key Impacts of Exponentials (3)
Democratization : Availability of key technologies/applications to almost
everybody . Smartphones become the platform to access everything
- Unlimited computing power (Cloud computing)
- Cheaper energy ( solar ) ( 6 generations away to cover all earth needs )
- Artificial Intelligence ( on line virtual assistants , healthcare)
- Unlimited competences/cost competitive resources ( Crowd Sourcing ,Crowd Funding )
- Unlimited education ( Free or low cost >> on line Universities)
- Communication ( Smartphones , Internet , Whats app, Skype , Mobile Phones changed
6. New Mindset ( 1)
We are moving from Scarcity >>> Abundance and we need
to adapt our mindset to the new reality !
What are the key changes we need in our mindset to
succeed in the new era of exponentially growing
6. New Mindset ( 2)
What influences your mindset ?
- People in your life
- Work and home environment
- The news you watch
- Your Life Purpose
6. New Mindset ( 3)
What do we need to adapt to create Abundance ?
1. From doing what others want to what I love ( Passion/Purpose )
2. From thinking Small to Big ( not 10 % better but 100 X better )
3. From Short term to Long term thinking
4. Pessimistic to Optimistic
5. From Fearful to Grateful
6. From inside out to Customer and Experimentation driven
6. New Mindset ( 4)
Any people practising this new mindset ? What are key Billionaires’
Characteristics ( Elon Musk , Richard Branson , Larry Page , Jeff Bezos ,.. ? )
1. Have a big Passion/Purpose in life
2. They do a lot of Experimentation
3. Practice Long Term Thinking
4. They are Optimistic
5. Risk & Mitigation
6. Customer Centricity Thinking
The same !
Mike is inspiring and helping others to find their Passions
and Success in Life and Business , Creating innovative
scalable global systems and businesses , reinvents ,
simplifies , leverages the community as well as external
assets , automates and grows effectively . Experienced in
both Digital Marketing and Technology which is imperative
for any 21st century CEO . Many and fast turnarounds for
big businesses as well as Start Ups . He can be reached
via LinkedIn or email firstname.lastname@example.org