1. Mike Najarian PMP & PMO
Phone: (201) 664-4157 Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/mikenaj Twitter: @MikeNaj
Director of Program Management: Technology Infrastructure & Shared Services
A talented and versatile senior IT executive with an excellent record of delivering large, complex global
infrastructure projects combines a unique blend of business acumen, technical knowledge and managerial
leadership. Cross functional business integration experience gained as a Program Manager, Senior Project
Manager, Implementation Manager, Senior Network Engineer and NOC Manager. Exceptional portfolio of
service provided to the Healthcare, Media/Broadcasting, Financial, Entertainment and Transportation
A leader in IT Program & Project Life Cycle Management that clearly communicates mission, vision and
direction required to plan strategic and tactical Business goals surrounding Mobile, Network, Application &
Security projects. Master of Business and IT project portfolios directly responsible for roadmap creation of
highly visible Business Infrastructure Services, Data Center Transformation and Application Migration
initiatives. Portfolio Manager for allocation of project budgets in excess of 30 million dollars.
Trusted Advisor to CIO & C-level Management Data Center Consolidation & Transition
Trusted Program & Project Management Officer Global Network & Infrastructure Planning
Developed Project Management Office Effective Facilitation, Tracking & Reporting
CIO & C-level Management Presentations Stakeholder & Service Provider Management
Experience and Achievements
Advantage Care Physicians, NYC, NY March 2014 – Present, Technical Project Manager, Uniforce Staffing
• Hired by CIO to assume responsibility of a distressed, multi-million dollar Windstream MPLS implementation at 37
medical facilities. Expedited implementation schedule surrounding Epic EMR access while addressing complex
vendor and construction issues. Drove tactical decisions scheduling buildings with Wi-Fi, Network, Firewall and
Desktop upgrades. The voice of a single direction resulted in the activation of 36 office locations in 10 months.
• Collected and scrutinized legacy vendor contracts of third party Data Center providers leasing hardware, software
and network assets no longer required. Cost optimization effort generated over $200,000 in monthly savings.
New York Hospital Queens, Flushing, NY June 2012 – February 2014, Senior Project Manager, WireLine LLC
• Envisioned and created an architectural design to transform a legacy TDM PBX system into a campus wide VoIP,
SIP Trunk and Wireless Unified Communications platform. Drafted RFP questionnaire, distributed to selected
providers and created vendor comparison matrix. The expansion of service focused on HIPAA compliance, security,
privacy, visitor and hospital staff ease of use. Calculated upfront Capex/Opex with forecasted cost savings.
• Successfully completed implementation of new Data Center UPS and HVAC systems in preparation of Epic,
NextGen, Allscripts, Cerner and Care Fusion application transition. Mapped out floor plan, implemented hot/cold
aisle configuration and upgraded core network backbone within 3 month window stipulated by CIO.
• Led Development and Engineering teams on the migration of 200 critical Clinical server and storage platforms
from an environmentally unstable computer room to an optimized Data Center facility. Procured new cabinet
hardware, implemented top of row switching and introduced structured cabling and grooming.
Time Warner Cable, NYC, NY, October 2010 – February 2012, Engineering Project Manager, Forum Consulting
• Executed and delivered major project plan surrounding Hub & Head End infrastructure installation of Miranda
Technologies audio/video capacity planning network tool. The technology installed at 23 distribution points allows
Time Warner Cable to deliver enhanced customer Quality of Experience to over 1 million New York City subscribers
by scanning SD/HD premium channels signaling early warning frequency degradation and hardware failures.
• Successfully completed the cable infrastructure expansion of Switched Digital Video network at 10 strategic
Brooklyn & Queens Hub locations. The target goal was to provide additional bandwidth for increased program
selection for 550,000 customers. Managed TWC stakeholders and strategic vendors while maintaining an
2. aggressive implementation schedule, procurement and material management issues through daily communication
and logistical problem solving.
WireLine LLC, Hillsdale, NJ, September 2008 – October 2010, Founder & Technology Officer
• Expanded WireLine Consulting Services to include Assessment & Feasibility Studies, Program & Project
Management and Engineering engagements for Network, Cloud, Infrastructure, System & Application migrations,
Tech Refreshes and Data Center Transformation initiatives.
• Campaign to focus on customer service and retention through greater understanding of client requirements and
expectations. Installed 802.11 A & N Access Points adhering to structured cabling standards providing safe and
secure passage to EPIC EHR repository. Measured success and value by listening to and soliciting customer
Reed Elsevier, NYC, NY, June 2008 – August 2008, Senior Project Manager Network Infrastructure, WireLine LLC
• Recruited by SVP as a Network Project Manager to compile and create a comprehensive project plan to fast track
a major Data Center consolidation initiative. Developed project schedule, defined activities and duration,
documented critical path deliverables surrounding Verizon MPLS network connectivity. Facilitated daily stand up
meetings with Senior Management business sponsors, project stakeholders, Application Development teams and
primary Tier 1 vendors accountable for equipment delivery, risk & issue discovery, sandbox testing and critical path
NYFIX, NYC, NY, January 2008 – April 2008, Senior Project Manager Network Infrastructure, WireLine LLC
• Chosen as a Senior Project Manager to plan and develop a Wide Area Network migration strategy for Stock
Exchange partners and institutional investors. This cost saving effort involved creating a conversion roadmap and
schedule for 400 domestic client locations from a private Frame Relay network to a public British Telecom MPLS
platform. Collaborated with BT engineering and NYFIX stakeholders to create a network baseline and brainstorm on
critical project components. Dashboard display of Key Performance Indicators tracking cost and schedule
components were embedded into project management plan for Senior Management knowledge and impact
JP Morgan Chase, Jersey City, NJ, May 2006 – November 2007, Technical Project Manager, WireLine LLC
• Executed a very high profile $1.8 million dollar global firewall initiative directing an International virtual team of
30 on the OS upgrade of 550 PIX 535 firewalls for inclusion under Cisco Security Manager platform. Milestones
include executing PIX OS upgrades via strict change management process for import into CSM. Project also
included reconfiguration of standalone Check Point firewalls to Provider-1 management platform. Embedded
Balanced Scorecard into status report tracking using meaningful KPI metrics. Reported project budget analysis and
critical success factors directly to CFO, Senior IT Management and Managing Directors.
• Deactivation and dismantling of computer room network infrastructure assets designed to recoup valuable real
estate for office space restoration. Audit and elimination of UNIX and Microsoft server hardware coupled with
network equipment reallocation resulted in new levels of operating efficiency and cost reduction. Lauded by Real
Estate team for completing project schedule two weeks in advance with estimated monthly cost savings of
• Transitioned legacy Nortel FDDI backbone network to a Cisco 6509 Gigabit switch fabric at a major operating
facility eliminating risk involving antiquated technology, software and hardware. Performance gains combined with
zero outage to Wealth Management customer service were realized through open communication, change
management and detailed planning.
WireLine LLC, Hillsdale, NJ, March 2004 – May 2006, Founder & Technology Officer
Established in 2004 to serve the computing needs of small business owners by applying diverse IT industry knowledge and
sales experience to advise, recommend and purchase the use of wired and wireless network technology.
• Engaged a group of DMD specialists (Doctor of Dental Medicine) to discuss office computing expansion plans. Their
vision is to utilize private, secure, mobile wireless devices to meet with clients in a comfortable, relaxed setting.
Defined Statement of Work, project scope and budget proposal detailing scalable and secure network infrastructure
designed to increase retrieval performance of graphic intensive Dentrix application.
• Implemented layered security best practices surrounding HIPAA compliance by locking down wireless access to
Dentrix application via MAC and IP address. Applied comprehensive security solutions to Windows OS and network
devices to mitigate or eliminate risks associated with data breaches.
3. Radianz Inc., Nutley, NJ, February 2001 – November 2003, Senior Network Engineer, Program & Project Manager
• Activated a Tier II Data Center facility for Radianz Hosting division under intense 3-month deadline objective set
by Senior Management. Single point of contact for executing telecommunication design plan, structured cabling
plant, HVAC, whitespace allocation and installation of multi-tiered Cisco architecture. Recognized and acknowledged
by CEO for outstanding achievement in activating a complex environment on time and on budget.
• Developed business case and roadmap for the establishment of a Project Management Office framework for all
domestic and international customer engagements. Developed PMO policy and process designed to define and
prioritize corporate strategy with Customer Service requirements enabling efficient flow of project delivery.
• Seized opportunity to present to the CIO and IT Management team of Credit Agricole the business value and
technical benefits surrounding a Radianz network and application hosting solution directly resulting in the signing of
a 3 year $12 million dollar contract.
Columbia House Corporation, NYC, NY, September 2000 - January 2001, Manager, Network Architecture
• Rectified major latency problems associated with IBM AIX web server farms multicasting 30-second snippets of
online music and video streams. Launched Root Cause Analysis into Cisco 6509 and 6513 core switching fabric
targeting Supervisor software, port capacity, routing, switching and firewall configurations. Stress testing of
vertical and horizontal cable plant exposed improper termination of patch panels and cable feeds. Resolution
produced a 50% increase in network performance.
American International Group, Livingston, NJ, March 1998 – September 2000, Senior Project Manager, Enterprise
• Conceptualized and constructed an Architecture Laboratory test environment designed to replicate production
network and system load. The Lab afforded Business Unit Engineers the opportunity to baseline performance
metrics and recommend alterations to the Application Development team. The Lab was presented to Senior
Business Managers as a vehicle to test alpha and beta versions of pre-production application code. The idea was
well received by Senior Management as a way to reduce time to market and waste avoidance.
• Designed diverse fiber optic Metropolitan Area Network incorporating modular Cisco 8540 and 6509 switching
fabrics to replace antiquated infrastructure design. Campus backbone topology consisted of 5 NYC office locations
with a core Data Center facility. Redesign effort delivered $100,000 in monthly telecommunication costs by
eliminating point to point and meshed private lines.
United Parcel Service, Mahwah, NJ, October 1988 – March 1998, Project Leader, Telecommunications
Implementation & Support
• Promoted to IT Project Leader responsible for the appraisal, mentoring, coaching and counseling of 25 direct reports
consisting of 3 managers and 22 supervisors including Helpdesk & NOC personnel. Revered as one of the most
respected, customer focused teams within the Telecom division.
• Handpicked by Senior Management to plan and implement Wide Area Network access to enable massive amounts of
customer data, video and voice traffic for a state of the art Tier IV Data Center project. Executed design plans with
LEC and IXC engineers implementing a scalable, secure, redundant and diverse OC-12/48 SONET Ring topology.
• Recipient of Leadership Awards presented by Senior Vice President of United Parcel Service 330 person IT division
for advancing, executing and completing major US network infrastructure upgrades.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
• PMI PMP Certified June 2, 2009 – Proficient in: MS Project, SharePoint, Visio, Word, Excel & Adobe programs
• Cisco Advanced Routing Certified, Cisco Enterprise Class Router & Switch Platform Architectures
• Protocol Knowledge: OSPF, BGP, TCP/UDP, IP, Ethernet, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI services
• Fujitsu FLM & Nortel Passport SONET Switching & Packet Switching Platforms
• Network General Sniffer Pro Certified