1. Ministry of Higher Education
Higher Technological Institute
Computer Science Department
Course: File organization- INF 221
| P a g e
Sheet 2: Fundamentals of Operations in File Processing
1. Define the file with example?
2. Where do file structures fit in CS?
3. What are differences between physical files and logical files?
4. State the logical filenames associated to std IO devices?
5. Describe in details the seeking for file by using C and C++?
6. Write a program to create a file and store a character b in it.
7. Write another program to open the file from question 5 and read it using C.
8. Write another program to open the file from question 5 and read it using C++.
9. Write a program to read one character and another to read 3 character from specified file
and write it in another file with C.
10. Repeat the question 8 with C++.
11. Write a program to calculate any file size.
12. Choose one problem and make it by any IDE for C/C++.
with all my best wishes