1. CURRICULUM VITAE
Maimbolwa David Muhau: Beng Mech, MEIZ, R.Eng
A self driven Reliability Engineer experienced in maximizing the reliability of the production process in the
most cost effective manner through the development and continuous refinement of failure management
policies and timely identification of proactive corrective maintenance.
• Detailed knowledge of HSE systems and displays leadership in driving incident free operations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels and across a variety
of cultures, both internally and externally, with positive effect.
• Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and achieve required operational outputs.
• Good organizer and efficient resource allocator, skillfully handles formal procedures and
informal processes with a high level of attention to detail.
2.0 Personal Details
Sex: Male Marital Status: Married Date of Birth: 27th
3.0 Professional Experience
3.1 Kalumbila Minerals Ltd (2014 to 2015)
Reliability Engineer – Fixed Plant (concentrator)
Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Practices
• Perform equipment criticality assessment (ECA)
• Create maintenance strategies for all plant equipment
• Create Maintenance tasks and plans according to the strategies and ECA
• Create condition monitoring points and schedule and upload into CMMS
• Create plant condition monitoring data capture, analysis and reporting templates
Plot 6494/31, Dag Hammerskold Avenue
P.O Box 50303, Lusaka
2. • Writing and presenting progress reports to management on Asset Optimization
• Create Standard Maintenance Plans (SMPs) for critical equipment
• Monitor adherence to PM schedules in CMMS - Pronto
• Track the Break Down to Preventive Maintenance ratio on regular basis to measure
the effectiveness of the maintenance function
• Prepared the Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) Schedule, monitored compliance
and closure of the loop through Action Requests
• Initiate Equipment FMEAs for critical equipments
• Identification of RCA/MTTR based improvement projects and planned course of
Safety and regulatory (Statutory Compliance)
• Maintenance of plant log books and testing schedules of all statutory plant assets
• Color coding of tested slings, chain blocks and shackles and removal from circulation
• Appointment of sub-ordinates and ensure compliance to mine safety log books
Safety and regulatory (Regulatory Compliance)
• Communication of the company’s EH&S vision, policies and standards to team
• Continuous identification and elimination of hazardous opportunities
• Ensure compliance to first aid training of the team and attendance of safety
• Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and/or Standard Maintenance
Procedures ( SMP) for critical equipment
• Ensure the operators and artisans are aware of the SOP/SMP's for the critical
• Conduct random site audits to check SOP/SMP compliance and make monthly
Continuous Improvement (CI)
3. • Spearhead implementation of CI projects and prioritize projects through criticality &
Budget & Cost Control
• Preparation of the departmental annual budgets and cost control
3.2 Konkola Copper Mines, konkola Division
Asset Optimisation Engineer - Engineering Services (2012 to August 2013)
The position involved the following;
• Uphold and Implement maintenance policies, strategies, procedures & specifications
to improve maintenance planning and scheduling.
• Continuous Asset Performance Improvement by continuously optimizing the
maintenance process through analysis of KPI trends, score-carding and
Implementing structures for Identification of short-comings in maintenance
standards and practices through field observations and improved MTBF and MTTR.
• Ensure control of changes to equipment, plant and support infrastructure at
Engineering Services & S. Plant are documented and approved. Provide guidance for
change management in to maintenance & operations team’s activities.
• Spares Management by conducting initial VED analysis followed scheduled spares
availability & procurement compliance reviews spares availability & procurement
• Develop and monitor performance indices, namely MTBF, MTTR, Failure Rate
Trending Down and work quality (repeated works).
• Conducting plant Site Assessment’s and Gap Analysis Verses world standards so as to
map the plants’ Reliability improvement programs.
• Writing and presenting progress reports to management on Asset Optimization
Head Condition Monitoring & Training – Engineering Services (2011)
As Head of Engineering training, the below duties apply;
• Schedule of training matrix for engineers and artisans across all trades.
4. • Conduct training classes including hands-on training.
• Conduct random on-site planned task observations of artisans.
• Determination of relevant courses through training needs assessment.
• Plan and implement graduate engineer’s development programs.
Condition Monitoring duties include;
• Draw-up a schedule for predictive and proactive maintenance techniques on all plant
equipment. This includes; thermography, vibration monitoring, oil analysis, non-
destructive tests and on-line/off-line motor testing.
• Monitor equipment health trends.
• Using reliability engineering principles and techniques to continually review and
improve maintenance methods and plans.
• Conducts root cause failure analysis (RCFA) on major breakdowns.
Equipment Reliability and Planning Engineer (ERG) - Concentrator Department (2008 to 2011)
Below are some of the tasks and successes achieved;
• Spearheaded the introduction and launch of the CMMS program SAP (PM Module) into
The project entailed;
- Capturing of the plants’ equipment data and uploading it into the system for
creation of function locations, stock codes and maintenance scheduling.
- Training of plant personnel in SAP and monitoring their usage of the system.
- Spares and Sub-assemblies Inventory Control.
• Established from first principles, the plant’s annual Preventive Maintenance Schedule in
the CMMS program Ellipse.
• Developed, reviewed maintenance Policies, procedures, specifications to improve
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
• Providing engineering solutions to repetitive problems through conducting reliability
engineering techniques such as Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
Based on the FMEA results, successfully implemented various plant reliability
improvement projects and infused proactive and predictive maintenance plans into the
PM schedules to improve the overall effectiveness of the PM function.
- Overcoming impact rollers high failure rate by replacing them with impact beds.
- Minimizing mills downtime due to system voltage fluctuations by installing
accumulators on the trunnion bearings oil lubrication system.
3.4 Technical systems (T/a Assegai engineering services), Botswana. (2001-2005)
5. Project Engineer
Head of the projects team responsible for the planning and execution of various civil and
mechanical works tendered for mainly from the Government and various Councils.
Major achievement being successful commissioning of a 36km class 9 Upvc water pipeline
projects that included the erection of 3 x 75m3 GS tanks on 10m stands for shakawe Water
Works. The project was a joint venture with Paragon Services.
Other works done, including under sub-contracts encompass construction of schools, houses
and dewatering of sewer ponds and unblocking of sewer lines.
3.5 Mopani Copper Mines, Kitwe (1999 - 2000)
Senior Assistant engineer – Cobalt Plant
Below were the day to day duties;
• Hands-on maintenance and repair of plant equipment
• Cost and Spares Inventory control and management
• Execution of Concentrator’s improvement projects.
4.0 Qualifications: [1993-1998] University of Zambia: Beng in Mechanical Engineering
Thesis: Formulation of Maintenance Management System for a Fleet of company Vehicles
5.0 Key Sills: Computer literacy in CMMS programs SAP PM Module, Ellipse and MIMS as well as
the Microsoft office programs Excel, Word, MS Projects, Publisher and Power point
6.0 Professional Membership: Holder of a practicing license from the Engineering Registration
Board and a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
7.0 Extra-curricular Activities: Board member of CITHAM+, a community based HIV/AIDS
8.0 Languages: English, Lozi, Bemba, Nyanja, and Tshwana (Botswana)
Mr. Stephen Mulenga Mr.M Khosa Mr. John Kamwendo
Maintenance Manager M. Director Chief Engineer - Mechanical
BCL Copper Mines Assegai Engineering Mopani Copper Mines
Selebi Phikwe, Botswana Gaberone, Botswana Mufulira, Zambia
Cell: +260966315582/+26776446201 Cell: 00267 71607982 Cell: 260955860049/974860049