• Introduction about IOT
• Why do we need IOT in Women Security
• Sensors used for devices
• About GPS and GSM
• Working of Devices
• Working of App
3. Introduction of IOT
• The Internet Of Things
- is the network of physical devices, home appliances and other items
- embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network
- which enables these objects to connect and exchange data.
• “Things” in the IOT sense can refer to a wide variety of devices.
• The devices collect useful data with the help of various existing
technologies and then autonomously flow the data between other
5. Why do we need IOT in Women Security
• Even in the technological world, Women’s are facing major problem in their
day to day life.
• These problem’s are unable to face manually so, IOT create many smart
devices and app’s for women security and safe.
• Some devices and Apps of IOT are:
• Smart Band, Smart Watch, VithU App, SOS and MySafetipin.
6. Sensors used for devices…
Pulse rate sensor
9. Temperature Sensor
• Digitally displays the body temperature of the user.
• The decision is made by the inputs given by the temperature . The situations
are pre-programmed into the system based upon which the device makes the
decision and is handled by the smart phone app.
10. Motion Sensor
• To detect the type of motion the user is
victimized when the targeted heart beat is reached.
Dual technology motion sensor
A Motion Sensor is a device that detects moving objects. A motion
detector is often integrated as a component of a system that automatically
performs a task or alerts a user of motion in a specified area.
• BLE( Bluetooth Low energy) - BLE is designed to connect devices
with smart phone at low power consumption.
12. Micro Controller Unit
• Microcontroller is compact integrated circuit designed to govern a specific
operations in an embedded system.
• A typical microcontroller includes a processor, memory and input/output
(I/O) peripherals on a single chip.
13. GPS and GSM
GPS (Global Positioning System):
GPS is used to determine the location of object that has GPS receiver. GPS
sensor gives the two value, first is latitude and second is longitude.
GSM (Global System for Mobile):
GSM is a cellular technology which is used for voice and data
15. Working of Apps.
• When the power button of the Smartphone is pressed thrice consecutively, it
begins sending alert messages with a link of the location to the user every
two minutes in the Emergency contacts.
• The vast growth of information technology leads to the invention of many
IOT based devices and apps are available to ensure the security of women in
the society by providing automatic sensing of threats and automated
messages to the relatives or to the police station.