1. NICHOLAS C. EDMUNDS
34 Strausstown Rd Residence: (717) 933-
Bethel, PA Cell: (914) 318-6003
Project Management / Analyst Position in Information Technology
Proven Project Manager and Senior Business Analyst with over twenty years experience in use,
development, testing, conversion and implementation of financial and data operations systems – both
mainframe and client server – in financial institutions and manufacturing. Strong business analyst
experience is complemented by consistent project management successes (Agile and Waterfall) and a
thorough understanding of quality assurance management practices. Background includes emphasis on
technological solution evaluation and risk management reporting. Expertise includes:
• Management of Project Teams
• Successful vendor engagements
• Repeated success in Project Management on-
time and in-budget.
• PM, 6 Sigma and DMAIC Trained • Strong Business Analyst Experience
• Full suite of Microsoft applications
• ADP Brokerage GPS Mainframe Applications,
Trust3000, Omnitrust, MSSB 3D
• Quality Center • Provision Workflow Modeler
Computer Aid (Apr 2014 – Present)
Contracted to CAI client to manage $1.8m global Pricing application conversion project.
Inventory of over two million products is priced daily by algorithm and distributed to over twenty
downstream systems in weekly, monthly and quarterly extract files of up to 120m records as well as being
globally available for instant, one-off price requests. Responsible for reviewing vendor solution design,
client signoff and accompanying documentation, managing a project team of 16 through design,
development, all testing and implementation phases; software vendor management and project budget.
Go-live scheduled December 2015.
Vinculum, Harrisburg (Sep 2012 – Nov 2013)
Contracted to Pennsylvania Department of Education, Harrisburg PA
Hired to manage two projects and added a further two within three months.
• Managed project start-up and execution with vendor to deliver four tracks of curriculum
to be delivered state-wide, to enhance the quality of education data
• Aided vendor with weak Project Management processes and structures
• Managed three other projects including: Vendor rollout of electronic Student
Transcripts and Records; Project to analyze and deliver recommendations on matching
algorithm methodologies to match data across three State Departments; Project to
review and make recommendations on current vs desired education data collections.
Department of Welfare, Harrisburg PA
Supported Department of Public Welfare
• Collated system data from Pa counties for conversion to statewide centralized system
• Liaised with system vendors in data aligning effort
• Audited county technology budget applications to the state
2. ING, Hartford CT (Dec 2011 – June 2012)
Project QA Manager - Consultant
Brought on to oversee the QA process for a platform-wide Back Office User Interface and system
conversion. Responsible for testing and communicating vendor product defects under an aggressive
timeline for implementation.
• Managed Team of eight QA analysts in CT, IA and offshore in India, centralizing work within
MS Team Foundation Server
• Identified multiple system performance and functionality issues presenting direct risk to project
timeline and success
• Executed out-of-box baseline test on new platform-wide application
• Designed, planned and oversaw execution of system QA testing using the Quality Center QA
• Planned and created complete testing program for non-legacy system interfaces to new platform
EMC (March 2010 – November 2011)
Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst - Financial Advisor User Interface
Managed technology audit project for MSSB Capital Markets Risk:
• Created matrix of trade floor application inventory (over 1,000 applications) and provided
analysis across a hybrid trading user base (online vs network, in-house vs vendor). Identified
• Ensured that the implemented process was able to identify weaknesses and risks and introduce a
comprehensive ongoing control mechanism to improve management reporting and access
Consulted to Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in the discovery phase and roll-out of their Financial Advisor
CRM product redesign, which was released across 30,000 MSSB FAs through 2012.
• Analyzed prototype to identify opportunities to leverage next-generation technology, working
within a team supported by TFS portal
• Identified opportunities to enhance the user-configurability of the product set
• Designed Twiki repository and collated documentation, capturing business and technical risk
attributes for MSSB new 3D’s 500+ platform applications
Consulted to Merril Lynch on Account Opening process automation changes, many mandated by
Patriot Act changes and requiring new internal workflows which I documented after gaining
concensus of the thirteen working groups involved.
JP Morgan, Newark DE (June 2007 – Apr 2008)
Responsible for conversion of all Mutual Fund processing from SEI’s Trust3000 system onto Omnitrust.
Conversion work included securities, client holdings (JP Morgan proprietary and external), accrual bases
and dividend information.
Hidden Pearl Sport Horses, Bethel, PA (June 2003 – Present)
CEO - Manager
Setup and running of commercial agricultural operation, now operating independently with a staff of three
and turnover in excess of $250,000 producing horses for sport at a national level as well as for export.
SEI Investments, King of Prussia, PA (Nov 2003 – July 2004)
Hired on a consultative basis to assist in the vendor selection, design and development of a major multi-
component Trust platform. Executed duties including creation of graphic workflows to four levels of
detail, gap analysis and requirements documentation, vendor selection, and system testing.
3. BANK OF AMERICA, New York (Mar 2002 – June 2003)
Project Manager / Vice President
Hired from the software vendor by Bank of America and trained extensively in their Project Management
program in order to be given charge of a significant platform change and Financial UI implementation.
In charge of large-scale Agile project, converting from Phase III to ADP’s Global Processing Solution.
Conversion to realise transaction processing savings of $5M within one calendar year. GPS Solution
(description below in ADP) replacing a dozen existing systems. Responsible for staffing, scheduling of
project, running a budget of $645K per month. Responsible for sixteen operational working groups
(Clearance, Tax, International Settlement etc) and continuous vendor contact. Maintaining bug lists and
enhancement requirements. Project team of two others reporting to this role in NY. Continuous high-
level management updates given on project status, progress and risks. Interaction with DTC for
establishment and use of their UTOR test region.
ADP/WILCO, London & New York (1995 - 2002)
Business & Implementation Analyst, Project Co-coordinator
Final three years spent designing, developing, testing, demonstrating and installing ADP’s Global
Processing Solution (GPS). Installations and implementations completed at Barclays Capital Markets,
Sanford Bernstein and Lehman Brothers.
Responsible for specification gathering and writing for new functional developments, as well as for
maintenance of Project Plan and Plan variation justifications.
Maintained log of each system’s issues and ensured thorough QA testing carried out on each new
functional development or issue resolution.
Served as Wilco’s ‘front-man’ managing client relationship as well as interfacing with ‘internal’
ADP companies (ICI, ADP, Wilco) whose products were involved in each implementation.
Completed internal Project Management training course with high honours.
• Implemented Global Transaction Manager at Commerzbank Capital Markets Corp. Dec 1999
– Mar 2000.
• Converted Pershing Securities Inc from old technology platform to Wilco’s new HV (High
Volume) system (Feb 1998 – Aug 1999)
• Implemented Gloss at Credit Lyonnais, NY along with technical team; Aug 1996- Feb 1998.
• Tested new Accrued Interest functionality of more than a dozen accrual types in over 50
• Wrote functional specification for new Cost of Carry functionality.
• Implemented Gloss at Nomura (Options) London, October 1995.
BANKERS TRUST, London (1992 - 1995)
Funding / Cash Management; Bonds Settlements Supervisor; Control Supervisor
BRITISH ARMY, UK, Germany, Gulf (1987 - 1992)
• Commissioned from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst into 16th
The Queens Royal Lancers
Cavalry Regiment as Second Lieutenant.
• Commanded Troop of four reconnaissance tanks through action in the Gulf War.
Education and Qualifications
1979-1984 Ramsey School, Isle of Man, UK
• 6 ‘O’ Levels
1987-1989 Royal Military Academy Sandhurst