2. “As a company with more than 60 years of providing quality men’s
fashion and personal service to distinguished men of all ages across
Canada, we are pleased to be the presenting sponsor of this year’s
Golf to Conquer Cancer.
Cancer will affect 40% of Canadians. As a family-run business with
many long-service employees, long-time vendors and generations of
customers, it is our responsibility to raise awareness and important
fundraising dollars to help conquer cancer in our lifetime.
Thank you for joining me and my colleagues as we enjoy the great
game of golf in support of one of the top 5 cancer research centres in
GOLF TO CONQUER CANCER VISION STATEMENT
• To further grow and enhance Canada’s top grossing single day golf fundraiser for Cancer Research as the most prestigious golf
• A proven strategic event property that appeals to corporate Canada, successful entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals who
all wish to support this important cause.
• To play a leading role in and to fund the revolution that is occurring in cancer care: Personalized Cancer Medicine.
• Delivering value to all participants, partners and sponsors while raising significant new revenue in support of one of the Top 5
Cancer Research Centres in the World.
A MESSAGE FROM LARRY ROSEN,
CHAIRMAN & CEO OF HARRY ROSEN INC.
Help Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime
4. Tournament Features & Benefits
2014 -2016 Participants
WHO PLAYS IN GOLF TO CONQUER CANCER
Made to Measure Suit
Custom Shirt Fitting –
Pfaff Luxury Car
Hole In One Prize
PGA of Ontario
Foursome Golf Pro
Amazing Grand Prize Live Auction:
Trip to The Masters in a Private Jet
Sampling / TastingOn-Course Gifting
5. 2014: Year 1
• The most successful single day golf fundraiser supporting cancer research in Canada in just the first year.
• Hosted at Coppinwood Golf Club on Monday, 16th June, 2014.
• 120 Golfers were part of 30 foursomes and joined by celebrity golfers and over 50 sponsors.
• Over $800,000.00 was raised.
2015: Year 2
• Building on the successful launch, the 2nd annual event raised over $1.3 Million Dollars thanks to almost 200 participants and over 60
• Hosted jointly at Coppinwood Golf Club and Granite Golf Club on Monday, 13th June, 2016.
• The two year total raised is over $2.1 Million Dollars
2016: Year 3
• Held once again at Coppinwood Golf Club and Granite Golf Club on Monday, 13th June, 2016.
• In three years, the event has raised over $3.4 Million Dollars.
Since 2014 funds raised through Golf to Conquer Cancer have been used to support:
• Research: 58% of funds allocated to purchase cutting edge research equipment and support cancer research activities, including clinical
research activities, including clinical trials and in support of the immune therapy program.
• Clinical Enhancements: 32% of funds allocated to support the expansion of the Cancer Clinical Research Unit including joint research
Research Unit including joint research programs with Alberta Cancer, BC Cancer, and the JGH
• 10% to support other priority needs.
Some specific examples of the ways funds from events like G2CC are put to work:
• In February 2014, cancer researchers led by Dr. John Dick at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, discover pre-leukemic stem cell at root
of acute myeloid leukemia (Aml), relapse
• It was discovered in January 2014, radiation before surgery more than doubles survival rates in mesothelioma patients at The Princess
Margaret Cancer Centre
• In January 2014, first clinical trial in Canada of Adoptive T-cell Therapy (Immunotherapy involves stimulating the patient’s own immune
system to attack the malignant tumor cells).
The Impact of Your Participation
6. Event Details
GRANITE GOLF CLUB
2699 York Durham
ON. L4A 7X4
COPPINWOOD GOLF CLUB
2324 Concession 4,
ON. L0C 1A0
9:00-11:00am Registration, Breakfast, Driving Range, Putting
Green & Practice Holes Open
Official Welcome – Nick Taylor & Larry Rosen
PLEASE NOTE: TOURNAMENT PLAY IS FOUR PLAYER SCRAMBLE FORMAT STANDARD GOLF ATTIRE AND DRESS CODE IS
REQUIRED FOR ALL GUESTS
2017 Event Program
Tournament Play – Shotgun Start11:00am–12:00pm
Tournament Play – On Course Food Stations11:00 am-5:00pm
Networking Reception, Silent & Live Auction,
Guest Speaker, & Trophy Presentation
5:30pm – 7:30pm
8. Nick Taylor, Chief Golf Officer
W: 416-946-4406 C: 416-993-5720 M: 416-400-1510
Follow us on Social Media
G2CC – For More Info Please Contact