Resume_Lead Mechanical Engineer - Static Equipment and Package Units
1. Nirav Mistry
Contact: 0062-81210247960 ~ E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking senior level assignments in Mechanical Engineering for Static Equipment and Packages with a
leading organization of repute in EPC / Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals industry
LinkedIn profile: https://id.linkedin.com/in/niravmistry1
• A competent professional with more than 14 years of experience in:
~ Front End Engineering and Design ~ Detail Engineering of EPC Projects ~ Vendor Management during Project
~ Engineering Documentation ~ Inter-discipline Coordination ~ FAT Witness for Packages
~ Vendor Documentation Review ~ Construction Support at Site ~ Logistics Support
• Exposure of engineering including meetings with Vendor and ensuring compliance with specification requirements; proven
skills in handling technical matters with customers, vendors, partners and employees
• Working actively with the engineering team and management and is part of the detail engineering team and also plays a key
role in major technical decisions
• Successfully managed multiple projects and milestones while ensuring that the projects are complied with all the technical
requirements and client specifications
• Expertise in planning and executing projects with a flair for adopting modern methodologies in compliance with quality
• Exceptional technical skills with an ability to relate to people at any level of business
• Possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills with distinction of utilising a process-oriented approach
towards the accomplishment of technical reliability, cost, service & organizational goals
Since July’12 with PT. Tripatra Engineers and Constructors, Jakarta
July’12-July’13 Lead Engineer in Mechanical Static Department
Since July’13 Due to excellent performance in Projects, given added responsibility of mentoring fresh
Key Result Areas:
o Preparation of mechanical datasheets & equipment specifications based on client’s project documents.
o Mechanical design, pressure parts calculation, local load analysis, wind and seismic calculations.
o Preparation, reviewing and approval of engineering drawing and loading data.
o Interaction with other engineering disciplines.
o Selection of material based on service requirements.
o All the pre and post bid discussions with bidders.
Motor Spirit Quality Up-gradation Project
PLUTO LNG Development Project
Saudi Kayan Olefins (Ethylene) Plant Project
South Mahakam Field Development Project
EPC 1, Banyu Urip Project (Exxon Mobile)
Technical Skills Major Projects
2. o Follow-up of documentation and fabrication status of the equipment via regular progress review meetings with supplier.
o Review and approval of supplier’s fabrication drawings, design calculations and other engineering documents.
o Review and approval of deviation requests from Vendor.
o Interaction with consultants and clients for approval of design and drawings.
• Rendering services as the part of Engineering team; accountable for floating RFQ for the Mechanical discipline to the
manufacturer approved for the project.
• Carrying out technical bid evaluation and analysis of bids from multiple vendors for technical details and compliance to
complete scope of supply.
• Carrying out the technical negotiations and clarifications during bid clarification meetings before the final PO to make sure
vendor compliance to the specification requirements of the project.
• Arranging kick-off meeting with Vendor and Client within a week of issuing PO to make sure remaining small issues are ironed
out and Vendor can start their work immediately.
• In the absence of QC engineer, conducted pre-inspection meeting single handed in Italy with vendor for water treatment
• Working on vendor interface issues with the different EPC for the Banyu Urip Project along with the Project Interface
• Follow up with the logistics team for the shipping arrangements and the Master List Approval for all the high value Purchase
Orders for the Mechanical discipline.
• Conducting progress review meetings visits with client to ensure timely documentation, fabrication and delivery of the
equipment/packages according to the construction requirements to various vendor locations in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia,
Italy, United States etc.
• Striving for getting approval for day to day query for package vendors from client & other engineering disciplines.
• Work on the change Orders/Variation Orders from the vendors & provide the justification to agree/disagree the claim to
management and also the vendor.
• Once engineering is about to complete, mobilize to project site for construction support to resolve engineering as well as
• Significantly contributed in finalising design of water treatment packages and CPI Separator package.
• Rewarded with an increment of about 20% & the new contract was renewed for 2 years (usually 1 year) under employee
retention scheme for most competent employees.
• Renowned for performing engineering in timely manner and delivering the equipment/packages on time.
• Mobilized to project site for extended period of time to support construction team in resolving engineering and construction
• Holds the credit of handling major equipment/packages for the Banyu Urip Project for pre and post PO:
o Boiler Feed Water Treatment Package
o Waste Water Treatment Package
o Corrugated Plate Interceptor Separator Package
o HP & LP Flare system
o Sulphur Seal Legs
Projects Handled at PT. Tripatra:
o Banyu Urip Project Detail Design, Procurement and Construction (Client: Exxon Mobile)
Jul’10-Jul’12 with PT. Nippon Steel Construction Indonesia (NISCONI), Jakarta
Jul’10-Jul’11 Senior Mechanical Engineer
Jan’12-Jul’12 Lead Engineer for Bidding Projects
Key Result Areas:
As Senior Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Static & Packages):
• Worked hard to maintain weights of equipment within limits so that not to increase overall weight of the platform.
• Worked with Piping/PDMS to make sure nozzle orientations and interconnecting piping are occupying minimum space.
• Suggested idea to client of using Compact Flanges for the project to reduce the weight of platforms.
• Ensured proper coordination with:
o Other engineering disciplines and client
o Project management team to identify additional requirements from clients
o QC team and Vendor to make sure equipment are being inspected as per approved ITP and support for clearing the
punch list after final inspection
o Vendor and Construction team over the modification and changes required pertaining to the specification mis-match
during the engineering stage and procurement
• Single-handedly taken approval from client for changing the design of horizontal vessel supports from conventional saddles to
hanging saddles to resolve the space constraint
• Rewarded with the bonus of US$2,000 from Management of PT. Nippon Steel Construction Indonesia for excellent
performance in project
• Essayed a stellar role as a part of the Construction & Installation team at fabrication yard
• Holds credit for singlehandedly performing detail engineering of all the static equipment for 3 well head platforms for South
Mahakam Field Development Project
3. Projects Handled at PT. Nisconi:
o South Mahakam Field Development Project (Client: TOTAL)
o Bidding for TEN Development Project - FPSO (Client: BW Offshore)
o Bidding for SisiNubi (Phase 2B) Peciko (Phase 7B) (Client: TOTAL)
o Bidding for Husky Madura Field Development Project (Client: BW Offshore)
Details of Other Employers
Oct’09-Jun’10 with WorleyParsons Oman Engineering L.L.C., Muscat
Projects Handled at WorleyParsons:
o Amal Steam Surface Facilities Detail Design & Procurement (Client: Petroleum Development of Oman - PDO)
Oct’06-Aug’09 with KBR Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., Singapore
Key Result Areas:
As Senior Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Static & Packages):
• Started working on PLUTO LNG project from the beginning of the FEED all the way up to commissioning support
• Training of fresh graduates in Mechanical Design of Static Equipment and familiarise them with company’s work
• Stayed involved in the project until commissioning of the platforms
• Worked on two projects in parallel
Projects Handled at KBR:
o Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) and Detailed Engineering of PLUTO LNG Development Project (Client:
o Saudi Kayan Olefins (Ethylene) Plant (Client: Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Company)
Mar’06-Sept’06 with Integral Services Company W.L.L. (ISCO), Kuwait
Projects Handled at ISCO:
o Expansion of New Oil pier At MAA Refinery by Two Additional Berths 5 & 6
o Installation of New Air Assisted Flare in GC’s 3,6,8 &19 at Kuwait Oil Company
Aug’00-Feb’06 with Larsen & Toubro Chiyoda Ltd. (LTC), Vadodara, India
Key Result Areas:
As Mechanical Engineer (Mechanical Static):
• Started career with India’s one of the most reputed engineering company
• Worked on multiple projects at the same time
• Assisted to developed Heat Exchanger & Pressure Vessels design software for mechanical design, which is now being
practiced in Larsen & Toubro Chiyoda Ltd. successfully
• Consistently got higher appraisal throughout employment period
• Got two promotions within 5 years
• Played as captain of L&T Chiyoda Cricket Team and also won inter L&T tournament in badminton doubles
Projects Handled at LTC:
o Offsite & Storage Facilities for Naptha Cracker Unit of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Panipat as assistant lead engineer.
o Isomerisation Project of Oman Refinery Company L.L.C. Oman.
o Isomerisation project of Mangalore refinery and petrochemicals limited, Mangalore.
o Methanol Project of Saudi Formaldehyde Chemical Co. Ltd. (SFCCL)
o Offsite & Storage Facilities for Naptha Cracker Unit of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Panipat.
o Purified Terapthalic Acid Project, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Panipat.
o Sulphur Recovery Unit of Abu-Dhabi oil refinery, Abu-Dhabi.
o Motor Spirit Quality Up gradation Project of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Mathura
o Diesel Hydrotreater Unit, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Panipat.
o Sulphur recovery Unit of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Mumbai
4. Details of Equipment and Packages Handled
• Heat Exchangers: Shell & Tube, Double Pipe, Multi-tube, Plate and Frame.
• Pressure Vessels & Columns
• Pig Launchers and Receivers
• Sulfur Seal Legs (degassing of molten sulphur)
• Electric Heaters
• Vent Stacks & Flare Stacks
• Sulphur Condensers, Unfired Steam Boilers (shell & tube type designed per ASME Sec VIII Div. 1)
• Mounded Bullets
• Packages: Flare Tip and Ignition Package, Boiler Feed Water Treatment Package, CPI (Corrugated Plate Interceptor)
Separator Package, Waste Water Treatment Package
International Codes and Standards
• ASME Section VIII, Div 1 & Div 2
• AS 1210 (Australian Design Code for Pressure Vessels)
• TEMA (Tubular Exchangers Manufacturers Association)
• API 660
• PIP (Process Industry Practices)
• PD 5500
• Unified Building Code (UBC) for wind and seismic calculations
• Various Indian codes like IBR, IS 875, IS 1893 etc.
• Well versed with specifications and standards of SHELL DEP, Woodside, TOTAL, ExxonMobil, KBR, SABIC,
UOP, Engineers India Limited (EIL), Fluor, Foster Wheeler etc.
• PvElite & CODECAL
• Nozzle Pro
• M.S. Office, Window 7, Windows Vista, Window XP, Windows 8
• Bachelors in Production Engineering from Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT),
Surat, Gujarat in year 2000 with first class distinction 73.67%
Standard from I.N. Tekrawala School, Surat, Gujarat
• Actively involved in management of SVNIT’s Annual Events “Sparsh” and “MindBend”
• Played in college cricket team as wicket keeper
• Assisted in arranging blood donation camp in KBR Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Trainings / Certifications
• 3 months Training at Himson Textile Engineering Company Limited, Surat after completing graduation
• Attended various training in L&T Chiyoda Ltd. and KBR Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. for Leadership, Communication Skills etc.
Date of Birth: 13
Passport No.: Z2906735 (Expiry Date: 3
Marital Status: Married
Permanent Address: B/102, Neelkanth Avenue, Behind Twin Tower, Besides Pal Water Tank, LP Savani, Pal, Surat
- 395009, Gujarat, India
Present Address: Apartment Aston Rasuna, Tower 4, Unit 3H, Jalan HR Rasuna Said, Kuningan, Jakarta
Languages Known: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi and Bahasa Indonesia
Location Preference: South East Asia / UAE / Europe
References: Mr. Jignesh Halani Mr. Sanjay Kumar
SHELL Singapore Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited
(HP) +65 – 82338544 (HP) +62 – 812 685 9102
E-mail: email@example.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org