LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Se ha denunciado esta presentación.
¡Ha desbloqueado descargas ilimitadas en SlideShare!
• Set of 30 questions
• Infinite bounce; +10
• Finite pounce; 5 per team. +10/0
• Nature Is Speaking is Conservation International’s invitation to the
human race to listen to nature.
• Their agenda is to make people realise that Nature doesn’t need
humans but humans need Nature.
• Identify the narrator from the video below.
• Appropriately placed near the vicinity of Mars, Belgian astronomers
announced the registration of a constellation comprising of seven stars
in the shape of a lightning bolt.
• Incidentally, the constellation is a fitting homage to this individual who
used the universe as a key inspiration throughout his career. More so,
the constellation is now named after him and stands as a tribute to his
• Oddly associated with Space, he will be remembered for his blue and
red streaks of paint across his face.
• After whom is this constellation registered?
4)• The Wimbledon finalist Milos Raonic, pulled out of the Rio Olympics
citing a particular concern. In addition to his withdrawal, pregnant
women and those trying for a baby were also cautioned after their
• The scenario affected the Olympic games to such an extent that the
Officials thought about shifting the Games to dates in Brazilian winter.
• “The numbers travelling to and from Brazil for the games is likely to
account for about 0.25% of world travel. It is thus a major concern”
• What caused such an uproar? Why winter? (And, no not because
Winter is Coming)
• Zika Virus, Winter provides less breeding
ground for mosquitoes.
• President Barack Obama ended a longstanding immigration policy that
allows any Cuban who makes it to US soil to stay and become a legal
resident. This policy was first put forth in 1995 by Bill Clinton.
• Cubans caught at sea trying to make their way to the US were allowed
into the country and were able to become legal residents after a year.
• The policy is aptly named for a change in a certain body part when one
steps from the sea to the shore.
• What policy has Obama repealed which had also caused concern
among the Cuban government due to individuals risking their lives and
mostly drowning on the way?
• At Missouri, Officers responded to a robbery report that led them to
four people, all local residents aged 16 to 18. The officer then
identified the four people as suspects of similar armed robberies
• What was ingenious was the way they lured “unwitting victims”.
• The police believe the suspects used the phone app, which involves
imaginary creatures superimposed on the real world. At a certain
level, the app allowed users to conglomerate and evaluate their skills.
• Using the geolocation feature, adding beacons at certain stops were
the methods that the teenagers used to lure more players into
• How was the robbery executed?
• Glenn Ennis is a 51-year-old stuntman who helped create a brutal
sequence that had a frontiersman mauled and nearly killed.
• In preparation, Ennis watched videos comparing it to a cat playing
with a mouse.
• He spoke stating “I spent a lot of time rolling around with the lion,
but it was all consensual.”
• What is being talked about?
• The Joint Precision Airdrop System (JPads), has been used by the US
military to supply troops in forward-offensive positions in areas of
Afghanistan too difficult or dangerous to reach by road. It uses pallets
dropped by parachute and guided by GPS navigation and a rudder.
• More recently, it has been made part of a plan that involves guided
airdrop of food and medicines. The main aim is to get some
humanitarian supplies into the embattled and shrinking enclave to keep
• The Aircraft would keep within 25km of the Turkish border and always
remain over opposition-controlled areas. The pallets can be dropped
from around 25,000ft and have a drift zone of up to 25km.
• Where/for whom was this method employed?(Even though it faced
• His name is supposedly an acronym from Latin which means a gift
from the heavens which was ascribed to his grandfather
• Notable ideas in semiotics include, the open work, the intention of
the reader, the limits of interpretation.
• Works include Foucault's Pendulum, History of Beauty, Inventing
• Who are we talking about?
• On realising that the individual had a keen interest in scuba diving, a
plan was devised in which large Caribbean molluscs with a shell big
enough to contain a lethal quantity of explosives and painted in vivid
colours to attract attention were used.
• Another plan involved the use of an exploding cigar after his visit to New
York and also one covered with botulinum toxin. Unfortunately, the
individual had quit smoking in 1985.
• One former lover was recruited as a hitwoman and given poison pills
which she hid in her cold-cream jar. The pills melted and the chances of
forcing them into his mouth while he slept were limited.
• Given above are three of 634 attempts of the CIA to kill an individual.
• Two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen from a museum in
Amsterdam more than a decade ago have been recovered by Italian
law enforcement authorities in Naples after an investigation targeting a
powerful organised crime syndicate involved in the cocaine trade.
• Of the two, the one pictured, was in the news in 2014, after its
restoration finally provided an answer to why the people in the
painting were portrayed as miniscule and also to why there was a
• The title of the painting is “Seascape at Scheveningen” and it dates
back to 1641.
• What did the restoration reveal?
• As well as being a part of the biggest leak in the history of data
journalism, this institution also takes pride in offering a wide range
of maritime services, including: registration of yachts and vessels
for private or commercial use in various jurisdictions, assistance
with purchase and sale transactions and other auxiliary tasks.
• Which institution are we talking about?
• Being the first ever to be designed in three dimensions and also
keeping sustainability in mind, they were handed out to the victors
instead of the usual flowers and bouquets.
• It was designed by Tátil Design and inspired from the natural landscape
of the Sugarloaf Mountain. (Image in the next slide)
• What was given out that apparently helps to showcase their token of
• 3D printed Rio Olympic figurines/ Olympic
• Apple came out with a one button keyboard replacement app which
• It's part of a category of apps designed to replace the default keyboard
on Android devices.
• The keyboard is inspired from a character who is normally peaceful but
has an imposing size and incredible physical strength. He can carry a
load on his back over long distances with no visible signs of fatigue.
• The keyboard aims to help carry conversations exactly how the
individual would have by replacing the whole of the keypad with just a
• Who are we talking about?
• “The event seemed routine, the opening of an exhibit of
photographs, speeches by dignitaries. Then, there was a theatrical
flourish. Black suit and eight gun shots were loud in the pristine
• People screamed, hid behind columns and under tables and lay on
the floor. I was afraid and confused, but found partial cover behind
a wall and did my job: taking photographs.
• It took me a few seconds to realise what had happened: A man had
died in front of me; a life had disappeared before my eyes.”
• Narrative description of what event?
• Russian Ambassador Andrei Kurlov’s assassination
16) • Put Funda as to why the artworks shown below gained a lot of
media attention during the month of July.
• The Original Brexit. The Americans celebrated the 4th of July
as the day of Original Brexit.
• The Western India Plywoods Limited is located in northern Kannur is
India’s only hardboard making factory. Established in 1962, it was a
sought after company for quality hardboards.
• 2016, however, had it’s workers investing more time to ensure that the
newly obtained secret ingredient is put to maximum use and the end
product outweighs the ones made before.
• Their secret is to add 5% of the crushed and machined secret ingredient
to 95% of wood pulp to make hardboards.
• What is this secret ingredient that is almost extinct these days?
• This practice is essentially carried out by an 8 member committee
consisting of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Sri Lanka,
Myanmar, Oman and Thailand.
• The name which essentially means “Red Rose” was given by Pakistan
and strangely resembles the body structure of the environmental
phenomenon in question.
• What practice? What is Urdu for Red Rose?
• This medal, named after the founder of the Modern Olympics was
inaugurated in 1964.
• It has been given only 17 times before the Rio Olympic Games (2016)
• Luz Long, a German long jumper became the first recipient of the
• “You can melt down all the medals and cups I have and they wouldn't
be a plating on the twenty-four karat friendship that I felt for Luz Long
at that moment.“ Owens remarked after being tipped by Long on
• In the Rio Olympics,2016, Nikki Hamblin and Abbey D’Agostino were
in consideration for this medal.
• Name the Medal and Put funda
• Desiderio is an American painter and sculptor, who currently works
as a senior critic at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and the
New York Academy of Art. Desiderio's work deals with perceptions
of reality and making the abstract concrete.
• The artwork shown below is titled Desiderio’s Sleep.
How did it gain media frenzy in 2016?
• On the show Scream Queens, Chanel #3 (played by Billie Lourd)
wears earmuffs because one guy she dated got so obsessed with
her ears that he threatened to cut them off.
• This has also been interpreted as a tribute to actress X and arguably
her most famous role.
• Identify X and the role.
• Taschen, a publisher, is republishing "Le Diners de Gala" in time for
Christmas 2016. It's an exotic cookbook with unusual recipes (like
"Casanova Cocktails" and "Frog Pasties") paired with quirky
illustrations. Gala was the name of the cookbook author's wife.
• The author was also a renowned artist. Together they threw many
• Who is the artist-author?
• Sara Danius is a Swedish professor of Aesthetics and Literature. In
Oct 2016, while interacting with the media after making an
important announcement on behalf of a group of 18, she was asked
whether the decision changed the way they looked at literature,
she replied "The times they are a-changing, perhaps".
• What was this decision?
• Bob Dylan winning the Nobel Prize for Literature
• In Oct 2016, this 75-year old was named a honorary ambassador
for the empowerment of women and girls by the United Nations.
• Some UN staffers did not like the choices for reasons ranging from
the lady's image, clothing, and inability to have an opinion, to be
able to travel and be interviewed.
• Amidst all this she is credited to have inspired the making of the
• Who was this controversial choice?
• In Oct 2016, "The Sellout" became the first book by an American
author to be awarded the Man Booker Prize.
• The satirical book follows a character named "Me" who lives in a
place 'wiped off the map' and sells watermelons and marijuana. How
Me and others try to bring the town "back" drives the rest of the
• The name of the town is shared with a legendary English author,
whose books also wrote about society, occasionally with a comic
• What's the name of this town?
• It was chosen by Science as one of the Breakthrough of the
Year runners-up after being the first of its kind to beat a
human without handicaps.
• It is a portmanteau of the developers and the game itself
• The algorithm uses a Monte Carlo tree search to find its moves
based on knowledge previously "learned" by machine learning,
specifically by an artificial neural network
• Identify the program. (Video hint in the next slide)
• Picture on the next slide shows the final moments of construction
of prominent entity in a seven(until now) part franchise.
• In 2016, it was confirmed to be able to travel through Hyperspace.
(Something that we know from a dialogue in the latest movie of
• Identify the entity and the company employed in manufacturing it
from the picture provided.
• It is a town and major ferry port in northern France overlooking
the Strait of Dover, and is the narrowest point in the English Channel
home to (The Burghers) Les Bourgeois de ______, by Auguste Rodin.
• The portmanteau of this town and the English translation of the Pashto
world dzhangal, meaning a thicket or grove, was how the Pashto
speaking migrants and refugees referred to their settlements.
• It gained widespread media attention during the European refugee
crisis when the population of the camp grew and French authorities
carried out evictions of the settlement that had become a toxic symbol
of the migrant crisis.
• Identify the name of the settlement.