LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Position Description:Experience Required Prior Admissions experience? If not then what? • Public speaking • Working with the public • Working independently • Meeting goals
The Position Description • The the mandatory requirements • The attributes of a successful recruiter • Definition of how success is measured
. . . Organize and present at high schools, colleges,community information fairs, individualappointments, and group sessions. . . . Advise potential applicants (in person, groupsession, chat, phone, e-mail, or web).
. . . student service experience is desirable with astrong commitment to higher education.Individual must have positive interpersonal skills,strong communication skills, and the ability toresolve conflict and deal with high volume.
. . . meets targeted enrollment goals And enrolls ahigh-quality, diverse student body. Candidate mustpossess strong skills in diplomacy, tact, anddiscretion. The ability to work independently in adynamic environment with changing priorities andmultiple responsibilities is an asset. Competitivecandidates who dont have direct admissionexperience should have sales experience(presentations) or recruiting/HR experience.
Admissions = Education Sales• At the end of the day it is a numbers game• If we find the right prospects and the right prospects pick us – everybody wins
Admissions = Education SalesSalesman Have I got a deal for you!• The Myths and Stigma – Liar – Deal maker – Motivated by commission – Manipulator – Pesty – “Snake Oil”
Admissions = Education Sales Myths Truths Liar Honesty with eloquence Deal maker Good at packaging many features and services in preparation for matriculationMotivated by commission Goal oriented Manipulator Charming Pesty Organized Snake Oil Salesman Education is an intangible
6 Qualities of a Great Recruiter 1. Honesty with eloquence Trustworthy communicator 2. Good at packaging many features and services in preparation for matriculation Details, details, details 3. Goal oriented Bright / high achiever 4. Charming Friendly and fearless 5. Organized Reliable 6. Education is an intangible Philosopher
1. Honesty with Eloquence • Trustworthy Communicator • Cover letter • Interviewing skills – Telephone – In person • Add unexpected people or situations to the interview – How do they think on their feet? • Presentation audition
2. Packaging Many Features and Services leading to Matriculation • Detail oriented – How can one prove that they are good with detail management and long cycle sales? – Manageability? – Motivated by fear or reward?
3. Goal Oriented • High achievers are easy to spot but what do they think about the day to day tasks of admissions? – Phone calls – High school visits, college nights and job fairs – Travel and working weekends – Difficult parents and spouses – More phone calls – New student quotas – Pressure
4. Charming is in the eye of the Beholder• Friendly and fearless• Independent• Resourceful• Age appropriate for their enrollment group – demeanor• Liked by parents, students and spouses
5. Mentally Organized for Sales • Agenda driven goal seeker – “Everything I do must lead to my goals.” – “I am accountable for my results.” – “Quality + quantity of actions leads to success.” – “I can always do better.” – “Exceeding the larger goal depends on me.”
6. The Great Admissions Recruiter is a Philosopher Must intrinsically see the larger good of a higher education.
Why Sales People Fail• Hidden failures or flaws• Poor outlook• Self limiting beliefs• Lack desire and commitment to success• Not compatible• Under-qualified or over-qualified• Poor prospecting skills
How to HireTop PerformingAdmissions RecruitersQ&A
Thank you! For additional information please contact: John Stapleton Janet Sieff Principal Business Development Phone: 215.572.7938 Phone: 412.904.3133Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com