Presentation given at a seminar organised by B2B Marketing Magazine at the Century Club, London - Sept 23rd. The presentation provides 9 practical steps for improving the yield from your marketing campaigns.
Pete Jakob★Helping B2B Leaders increase their marketing ROI ★Personal Productivity Expert★ Marketing Automation pioneer★Speaker en Purple Salix Limited
2. Leaky Sales Funnel Increases Customer Acquisition Costs October 2006, Best Practices “Improving B2B Lead Management” Nurture [Verb] : foster, help develop, or help grow; the act of nourishing or nursing; tender care; education; training; that which nourishes; food; diet; sustenance; the environmental influences that contribute to the development of an individual.
4. “ As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.” Chauncey Gardiner – Being There
5. An Organic Gardener’s Guide to B2B Lead Nurturing Pete Jakob Marketing Transformation Leader IBM United Kingdom September 2009 [email_address] 10 tips for a bumper harvest Updated for 2009
10. 4. (contd.) Plan Your Planting “ Dialogue” offers that permit ongoing contact Plug leaks in the funnel by re-engaging with non-responders Leverage content aligned to buying cycle to advance customer journey Leverage tools to provide engagement insight Nurture via Tele or Tool
14. 7. (Contd.) …Or with a lot of machinery Nine Rules for Value-Driven Marketing Automation Marketing Operations Campaign Planning Campaign Execution Response Management Relationship Management
17. 10. Apply Plenty of Mulch and Compost www.mpdailyfix.com www.raintoday.com sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog www.mikemoran.com/biznology blogs.forrester.com/marketing blog.startwithalead.com
19. 10 Tips for More Successful Campaigns 5 4 3 2 1 6 7 8 9 10 Align activity with Sales Capture all Responses Plan structured nurturing dialogue Align nurturing offers to buying cycle Score Responses Automate where appropriate Integrate with CRM Measure key Indicators Refine and keep learning Organise Resources
20. Thank You ! B2B Marketing – Open for Business http://b2bnurture.blogspot.com/
Management Questions: Who is the key sales sponsor? Do they value what you are anticipating delivering to them? What is their capacity for leads, and what shape? New customers? New projects? Specific industries? Lead Generation vs Lead Nurturing? What did they agree to do with the leads you generate? Agreed roles and responsibilities between sales and marketing? How will you review progress with them? Sales Huddles? Recycling process for leads that sales don’t wish to pursue? What measures Sales pursuit target? Win/Loss rates? Impact Fewer activities Greater accountability Increase focus on Sales Enablement and Nurturing
Link to tools section – this is not the e
Learn / Scope / Select Ensure you have a balance of content across the buying cycle Helpful for Planning sales/tele enablement strategies Align Websites aligning around relevant content Use for all activities, not just marketing collateral