1. R. PHANEENDRA BABU
Contact: +91-9989222338, E-Mail: email@example.com
Address: Block No. D1, Swarna Apartment, Gaddi Pati, Vari Street, Ithanagar, Tenali, Guntur, AP
SENIOR LEVEL ASSIGNMENTS
Supply Chain Management ~ Vendor Management ~ Sourcing & Procurement
• Confident, dedicated professional with 6 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Buying Operations,
Procurement, Material Management, Supplier Management and Team Management.
• Strong background of developing and implementing sourcing and procurement solutions leading to cost reductions and
streamlined operations for major corporations with domestic and global reach.
• Expertise in implementing cost saving measures to achieve substantial reduction by way of renegotiation, effective vendor
management and establishing process driven systems.
• Experience in managing complete supply chain operations inclusive of procurement, inventory control, logistics, etc.
ensuring maximum growth and profitability within the defined guidelines.
• Through professional with proficiency in delivering in local sourcing functions with profound expertise in supplier
identification, audit and certification for cost control and quality management.
• Excellent communicator and relationship manager with aptitude for collaborating with internal and vendor executives,
directors, and key stakeholders to identify business needs and to develop winning solutions.
Supply Chain Management Procurement & Sourcing Quality Management
Buying Operations Client Dealing Supplier Audit
Vendor Management Cost Control
Amara Raja Electronics Ltd., Chittoor, AP: Since Jul’10
Joined as Buyer
Key Result Areas
• Identifying and qualifying new vendors, evaluating their technical, commercial and capacity capabilities and ensuring that
suppliers are aware of our business trend & objectives.
• Negotiating with suppliers on cost, lead times and quality to full fill the requirements, analyzing the purchase request and
converting into purchase orders and liaising with suppliers on delivery schedules and determining quantity and timing of
• Ensuring commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all procurement transactions and assessing supplier
performance periodically to understand aptitude of suppliers and to recognize.
• Identifying the best & worst suppliers based on ratings and also sending appreciation for best suppliers to extend the
same support for ever, and giving proper training to improve performance of worst suppliers.
• Scrutinising material rejections, initiating and analyzing SCAR, conducting planned / surprise audits and re-evaluation
audits to understand the Quality Management Systems at supplier premises.
• Supporting to CFT teams for day to day production shortages / quality issues.
• Working on liquidation of inventory like Non Moving, Dead stock, Shelf life and Rejections with CFT teams and ensure to
take proper decisions on time.
• Coordinating with accounts team for vendors account reconciliation, processing payments and arranging C-Form.
• Supervising team performance and motivating team to improve their competence and also achieve the organizational
• Instrumental in reducing 15% of raw material cost by developing alternate suppliers and variant.
• Selected as a Safety Coordinator.
• Functioned as a buyer for Switchgear items along with active / passive components and semiconductors.
• Took structured approach in maintaining zero differences with respects to vendor account statements.
• Demonstrated skills in assigning new role as a Commodity Specialist for A class items.
• Successfully developed local suppliers especially for commodity items to capture more business in uneven conditions.
• Distinction of completing Green Belt Project on Reduction of Rejection in IGI from 4.08% to 0.23%.
• Served as a Team Leader for purchase with team of 6 member
• Leveraged skills and abilities in reducing
2. o 30 % of inventory like Non Moving, Dead Stock and rejections with help of PPC, Production.
o The freight expenses by forecast planning of sailing schedules even there is no visible forecast from PPC.
• Played key role in streamlining the supplier work that led to 30% of supplier with Just in Time for regular production.
• Initiated 70% of supplier has to bear the freight charges in their own expenses.
• Rendered support for PPC even for lesser quantities like small customers, samples, pilot lots and other NPD team projects
2010 B.Tech. (Electronic and Communication Engineering) from Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu
• Completed Green Belt Project
• Well versed with MS Office, ERP, MS Office and Internet Applications.
Date of Birth 12th
Linguistic Abilities Telugu, Hindi & English