Y V PRASAD REDDY
Last Name : Yanamala
First Name : Venkata Prasad Reddy
Address : Plot No. 2, H. No. 30-265/13,
Near Prashant gardens,
A.S Rao nagar,
Hyderabad – 500 062
Mobile : +91 80969 22110
E-mail : Prasadreddy_15@rediffmail.com
An Automotive Sales Management position that will effectively utilize acquired expertise, creative talents
and commitment to excellence. Desire a position with career growth potential.
Summary of skills:
· Innovative professional with 15+ years of progressive experience in Designs, Application
Engineering & Sales and the skills to drive business growth, capitalize on new revenue
o Expertise in application engineering and sales for secondary Nickel Cadmium batteries for all
industry & rail applications, pricing strategies, client relations and needs assessment,
marketing, and staff training.
o Proactive leader with refined business acumen and exemplary people skills. Facilitate a team
approach to achieve organizational objectives, increase productivity and enhance employee
· Quick study, with an ability to easily grasp and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods
and technologies. Dedicated, innovative and self-motivated team player/builder.
· Exceptional leadership, organizational, oral/written communication, interpersonal, analytical, and
problem resolution skills. Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
· Technical oriented with high energy level
· Quick to understand customer needs
· Professional with good interpersonal skills, problem-solving capabilities.
· Ability to adapt well to different work environments
· Ability to lead and take independent decisions
· Ability to work in unstructured teams & Self-motivated.
2. Professional Experience:
Organization: HBL Power Systems Ltd, Hyderabad, India.
Products: Specialized batteries & battery chargers for Industrial, Railways, aviation and defence
Duration: 5+ years (07/2009 – present)
Designation: Technical Sales – Sr. Manager
· Direct the entire sales cycle process, from pre-sales to closing, exercising a talent for identifying
and developing projects with established and potential clients.
· Provide technical sales support in the areas of sales techniques and product presentations,
positioning and demonstrations.
· Coordinate key projects from point of project scoping, mapping of expectations and gathering of
specs to project planning, coordination and tracking to on-time completion.
· Communicate information to the stakeholders to provide insights behind tailored solutions.
· Provide customer education on the proper use of technical support procedures.
· Represent Company at trade shows and lead-generation events.
Duration: 2 years (06/2007 – 06/2009)
Designation: Technical Pre-Sales Manager
· Managed pre- and post-sales of industrial battery applications and solutions across the India.
· Coordinated partner training, customer education, technical presentations, sales presentations
· Provided detailed product requirements for developing new business within targeted markets.
· Championed the success of sales team in assigned territories to achieve quarterly revenue goals.
· Analyze competitive data and recommend strategies to gain an aggressive market ranking.
Duration: 4 years (05/2003 – 05/2007)
Designation: Head of Application Engineering
· Providing product technical support to sales-branches, situated at various locations across the
country and abroad offices in Germany, UK, USA, Sarajah, Malaysia and other agents’ placed at
various locations of the globe.
· Helping sales persons by making technical presentations, answering technical questions and
managing customer trial through e-mail, phone and on-site visits.
· Supervising the Pre-order Engg. activity, which includes the preparation of battery sizing
calculations (electrical data), Technical data, General Arrangement drawings based on the
specifications provided by the customers.
· Offered post and pre sales technical support for current and new customers.
· Performing customer product demonstrations and supporting targeted sales opportunities.
· Assists and participates in developing RFI, RPF and RFQ responses.
3. · Selecting and training channel partners on how to sell and use the firm's products.
· Provided feedback on the releases of new products.
· Preparing report of product issues and deficiencies.
Duration: 4 years (03/99 – 04/2003)
Designation: Design Engineer
· For the given product specifications, product designing and modifying/upgrading existing
· Creating layouts, designs & drawings and getting approvals for the prototype, making
necessary modifications in the product and releasing the same for commercial production.
· Eliminating redundant / obsolete processes involved in the design, development processes
and working towards value-addition.
· Conducting trials & tests, identifying required changes and making final modifications in
components for routine production.
· Improvement on existing designs and processes optimization.
· Process planning & cost estimation for Customer enquiries.
· Cost reduction, Manufacturing cycle time reduction and Productivity improvement in mass
· Maintaining of all documents to fulfill the ISO-9001 requirements
· Development of Software Application for Battery Sizing using Visual Basic and MS Access.
Provided Functional support, Information Flow design, Layout design, and
database design coordination for the Application. Uploaded on Official Web site of the
· Awareness Training for personnel on process, Industrial battery sizing calculations as per IEEE
· Responsible for profitable sales of all company products within a specified area.
· Studying customer requirements based on technical preferences
· Interacting with the customers/clients like Indian Railways, NTPC, BHEL, EIL, PGCIL, TATA
PROJECTS, RELIANCE, GAIL, for technical documentation/clarifications/discussions.
· Preparing techno-Commercial offers for the battery enquiries/tenders received from the
multinational Telecom, Railway, Industrial, OEM’s, Systems Integrators, Defence establishments,
government & Private Power stations.
· Keeping track of competitors & customers.
· Respond to requests for information and requests for pricing
· Submitting techno-commercial offers including the RFQs.
· Techno-commercial discussions with the customers
· Order review upon receipt of Purchase Order and follow-up with Factory.
· Co-ordinate with customers for after sales service.
· Coordinating with factory for priority deliveries.
· Payment realization and completion of documentation requirements.
· B. Tech Mechanical Engineering (CCC) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (2005 – 2009)
· Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra
Pradesh (1995 – 1998)
Name : Y V Prasad Reddy
Father name : Y Pulla Reddy
Date of Birth : 01-08-1979
Nationality : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital status : Married
Languages known : English, Hindi & Telugu
Present location : Hyderabad
Preferred location : Anywhere
Passport : Valid up to 2019.
Date: 22-11-2014 (Y V PRASAD REDDY)