01 June 2016
The Manager (HR),
Sub. :- AGM- Commercial –Procurement & Contract ( SRM & SAP Professional)
I seek this opportunity to apply for the post of Commercial manger in your organization. I am
confident of my core skills and experience and assure you of my performance that will deliver
exceptional results to your organization.
I have successfully delivered under various roles in Procurement & Contracts for Metal as well as
Power industry. My current organization, Vedanta Resources gave me wide opportunities in
handling day to day requirements of Procurement, long term ARCs and Outsourcing of varied
During my professional carrier, I got enough appreciations while working for electrical
maintenance, planning and SAP MM module. Most recently, I worked closely with IBM for SRM
implantation at Hindustan Zinc Ltd, Where my responsibilities as CTM includes testing,
development and helping buyers to get used to the SRM software. I also bring to the table strong
computer proficiencies in MS Word, MS Excel and SAP–SRM. Please see the accompanying resume
for details of my experience and education.
Thank you for your time—I look forward to learning more about this opportunity!
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 1 of 7
Landline: 01472- 254541 (0) ; Mobile: +91-9413046496;9414610291 E-Mail:
rajesh.garg@Vedanta.co.in ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Material Management ~ Contract Management ~ Cost Optimization
Executive – Commercial , seeking to leverage skills and experience as…
Performance-oriented material management professional with 27+ years’ experience in Capex,
Opex Procurement, EPC project procurement, strategic Sourcing, Commodity Procurement,
Supply Chain management and vendor management.
Set up the procurement strategy and framework for Project; defined the KPIs and SLAs for
optimizing the supply & service function.
Managing material and contract functions for achieving the lowest TCO and superior
procedures to achieve organization profits.
Involved in budgeting & strategy planning
Out of the box thinker with proven ability in implementing cost saving initiatives and enhanced
Proficient in implementing SRM using SAP Enterprise Portal versions of material management.
Experienced in Web based E-Procurement and reverse Auction.
CTM of SAP SRM – implementation at Vedanta-HZL, working closely in association with IBM.
Working in World third Largest Integrated Smelting complex producing -525000
TPA – Zinc, 485,000 TPA Lead, 120 TPA Silver, 8,51,000 TPA Sulphuric Acid, 234 MW Power.
Directing the end-to-end P2P (procurement to pay) cycle from selection, appointment,
commercial discussions, negotiations ,delivery SLAs and other related aspects.
Actively involved in development of Online Documentation Portal for Management and Storage
of Contractual Documents, Learning Materials and controlled flow of Mails and other project
Coordinated with senior leadership and finance teams for finalizing the target pricing; focused
efforts on enhancing the contribution margins.
Capex orders of fire tender, Road Work, HT motor , transformer, retrofitting ,
Setting up of R & D Lab. HM Loader , Forklift ,AAS, Environment & Laboratory
equipment and IT product etc.
Service Order to OEM / CAMC / One time job of Mechanical , Electrical and
O& M contract of Lead Zinc Plant and CPP.
Major overhauling services for CPP
Redesigned and developed alternate supply & service sources for smooth plant
operation & maintenance.
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 2 of 7
All big contract linked with performance based score card system to evaluate the
Satisfying both internal and external customers by speedy and prompt action.
Selected by management as a Leadership Group.
All piecemeal material and job requirement clubbed in single contract to
minimize the lead time and no. of orders.
Automated system for all service and purchase requirement through SAP.
Paper Less office environment by using DMS.
Implemented MDM for Vendor data base modification.
Recognition in T-400 Project. (Zinc COP Reduction Project)
Received appreciation letter for best performance.
Awarded for contribution in various Improvement Projects taken.
SAP SRM CTM for complete procurement and contract function.
▪ 27 years of work experience in multi disciplinary modal in areas such as commercial, material
management, Maintenance and SAP.
▪ Expert in handling all activities related with any kind of material supply and services required
for plant operation & project..
Procurement & Contracts
• Purchases include Capital Expenditure, Equipment spares & consumables, Service contracts,
Annual rate contracts etc.
• Work involved smoothening of the entire process PTP i.e. Procurement to Payment that
includes internal & external lead time, price analysis, quality control, optimization and
• Identification of cost drivers appropriately to formulate costing and price discovery based
on last purchase trends, market scenario and competitive pricing.
• SRM Implementation in Procurement & Contract.
• Catalogue buying.
Supply Chain Management
• Planning & Inventory Management.
• Spend Analysis & Budgeting to monitor the cost involved, harness savings and improve
• Develop MRP for low cost items for JIT availability of the material and inventory
management for fast moving consumables.
• Rate Contracts by forecasting the prices and governing them by volumes.
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 3 of 7
• Managing Inventory by sharing demand forecast with the suppliers and scheduling the
• Total Cost Analysis, based on company spends base and the market prices.
• Develop strategy to identify suitable vendors in order to minimize cost and risk.
• Develop OPM & OEM which includes sourcing directly from manufacturers or developing
the technology in-house through value engineering.
• Vendor Development via Manufacturing &Industrial forums bringing in suppliers across the
• Vendor Management by keeping their interests through assisting them from ordering to
payment, assuring best services including past/pending payments, rejections, replacements
• Follow standardized processes and governance for the key suppliers by providing them
feedback based on performance and services for continuous improvement.
• Report preparation for the presentation in the BMG.
• Analysis & Reporting of entire process form Purchase to Payment.
• Quantity & Price variance analysis.
Team Management: Supervising and steering the team of employees in commercial
department towards achievement of specified targets, and contributing successfully to
organizational goals through cost minimization and increased revenues.
HINDUSTAN ZINC LTD. ( A VEDANTA GROUP COMPANY)
~ Executive (Commercial), CSC, Putholi, Chittorgarh (Sept,2012 to till date)
~ Tech. Assistant (A) , CSC, Putholi, Chittorgarh (January 2005 to Aug,2012)
~ Tech. Assistant (B) , CLZS, Putholi, Chittorgarh (July 1996 to December 2004)
~ Junior Tech Assistant, CLZS, Putholi, Chittorgarh (June 1992 to June 1996)
Current Job Profile:
▪ 27 years of experience in preparation of tenders, receipt and evaluation of bids, award of
contracts for packages / operation / maintenance.
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 4 of 7
▪ Awarding Consolidated contracts for all units of HZL from Chitorgarh plant for similar nature
▪ Coordination with Engineering team to finalize equipment specifications and SOW.
▪ Providing inputs to Planning team to draw up the activity and resource schedule.
▪ Responsible for effective Procurement Strategy Development, Negotiating and Influencing,
Procurement Process, Supplier Evaluation, Contract Execution, Floating Inquiries, Planning &
Scheduling of material availability, Import material Ordering & Documentation, Analyzing
price proposals, Cost Effective & Alternate New Vendors Development.
▪ Handling mechanical related CAPEX, emergency and annual shut down requirement.
▪ Standardized procedure followed for AMC from OEM while finalizing the CAPEX.
▪ Setup direct contact with manufacturers and guarantee providing products with a long terms
▪ AMC, CMC Contract/Order management, its planning, execution and closer
▪ Co-ordination with finance department for smooth procurement operation.
▪ Reduction of Overall Purchasing cost to the Company by combining common items and
negotiating long term contracts to achieve economy of purchase.
▪ Prepare and finalize pre- tender, tender and as built technical and contractual documents for
Zinc & Lead Smelter and Captive power Plant (CPP).
▪ Involve in technical discussion for finalization of different critical, free issue, materials and
vendor items (centrifugal pumps, Agitators, Thickener Rake mechanism and Spiral heat
▪ Expedite site activity i.e. coordinate between Engineering, Procurement, Material supply,
Fabrication, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of different items and equipment in
minimum lead time.
▪ Involve in implementation of Quality Systems at project site to meet predefined standards.
▪ Resolve routine and non-routine issues by interacting with EPC contractor.
▪ Coordination with Safety Department for hassle and accident free work in running plant.
▪ Pre bid safety meeting Before finalization of any service contract to ensure the safety at
▪ Monitoring contract performance and ensuring contractors’ compliance to terms and
▪ Coordination and networking with contractors, clients and vendors.
▪ Participated in arbitration and dispute settlement and closure of contract worth Rs 100 Lakh
▪ Commercial MIS preparation
▪ Commercial in Charge of T-400 project (Zinc COP Reduction Project)
▪ Experience in E-Auction. E – Procurement and Inventory Control
▪ Negotiation through Reverse Auction on Internet.
▪ Experience in SAP – MM and computer Learnet.
▪ The list of some major contracts finalized in my role is given below -
▪ Contract for Employees Transportation – Bus. / Taxi.
▪ Contract for all Laboratory Instt. / Environment Deptt.
▪ ARC for Courier Services
▪ ARC for Printing of Stationery
▪ AMC for Medical Instruments./ Ambulance Services
▪ O&M and deployment of Fireman at Fire Station.
▪ Procurement of Water and Foam base Fire Tender.
▪ Procurement of Industrial PC
▪ CAMC for Honeywell DCS.
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 5 of 7
▪ CAMC for VFD with Siemens, ABB & L&T.
▪ CAMC for PCs and Computer Network System
▪ Service Contract for SAP Help desk module
▪ AMC / ARC for Electrical / Mechanical / Instrumentation for All HZL plant in India.
▪ AMC for Package Acs./ Telephone Network.
▪ Rental IP Bases Telephone Exchange
▪ Capex Order for Truck Management system – TCS
▪ Procurement & Development of Engineering drawing based item.
▪ Procurement of Electrical & Instrumentation items for O & M of plants.
▪ Procurement of spares for HM Loader , forklifts and Compressor.
Neer Shree Cement Ltd.( A Unit of Managalam Cement Ltd., Morak Distt. Kota ) – Aditya
~ Engineer (Elect.) (January 1992- 10th
Worked as Shift Engineer for O & M of 132 KV Switch Yard, 6.6 KV HT Motors & LT Motors.
Maintenance of MCC & motors.
JK Synthetics Ltd. Jhalawar (Raj.)
~ Jr. Engineer (Elect.) (July,1990- Dec.,1991)
Maintenance of Polymerization Area, Spinning, Crimping, Packing Plant of acrylic
fiber. The control & Interlocking of drives. The full plant is controlled by MAX-1
Ashiana Builders Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
~ Engineer Trainee (Elect.) (July,1989- June,1990)
Supervision, installation & commissioning of Electrical Panels
Skill Type Skill Name Proficiency Years of
ERP My SAP Enterprise Portal – MM & PM 100% 12
Internet /Email /
Lotus Note / Outlook 100% 8 / 4
OS Windows 98SE, Windows NT, Windows XP
MS OFFICE Word, Excel, Power Point, Access. Visio 100% 20
Programming “C” Language 90% 2
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 6 of 7
Programming Visual Basic-6.0 75% 1
MBA (Material Management) from IIMM, Mumbai ,2013 ,64%.
B.Tech in Electrical Engg. Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth, Udaipur,2011 , 65%
Graduate Diploma in Materials Management, IIMM, Chennai,2011
Diploma in Electrical Engg. MPBTE, Bhopal,1989, 72%
Advance Certification - Web Technology & Computer Programming ,NIIT, 2007
Visited group companies and other various industries to understand best practices adopted.
Date of Birth: 3rd
Languages Known :- English & Hindi.
Current Address: House No. :- 6, Pratap Nagar, Udaipur Road, Chittorgarh (Raj.)-312001
Permanent Address: - C/0 Garg Associates, AB Road, Guna (M.P.)
Present CTC : Rs 18 Lakh p.a.
Expected CTC :- Rs.22 Lakh PA
Passport No. :- G5633808, Traveled UAE in 1990
Mr. Rajesh Bansal, Director, Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI), – Mobile -
Mr. Sundeep Prasanna – Head –Commercial - Adani, Signapore – Mobile – 006597307796
Mr. Ajay Kumar - VP-Commercial –Hindalco -:Mobile: - 09437487805
Resume of Rajesh Garg /Page 7 of 7