1. ROHIT SOOD
Chartered Accountant ICAI (1988)
Address: House no- 38(G.F) Pocket E/4,
Sector-7 Rohini Delhi - 85
E-mail : rohitsood_ ca email@example.com
Phone : (011) - 27054989 (M) 9999-909080
Experience in Internal Auditing, Accounts & Finance, Banking, Foreign Exchange & Costing.
Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Media, IT, Retail, Airport, Power & Steel, Oil, Energy, Hotel.
PRESENT WORK PROFILE Gulf Petrochem 5- JANUARY-2015 Onwards
Gulf Petrochem Group is a leading player in oil space, with Corporate Office situated in United Arab
Emirates (Hamriyah Free Zone, Sharjah) with global presence at several locations that inter alia
includes India sub-continent, South East Asia, Africa, Europe and South America. Today, Gulf
Petrochem Group is running its operation through various strategic business units: Oil Trading &
Bunkering, Oil Refining, Grease Manufacturing, Oil Storage Terminals, Bitumen Manufacturing and
Shipping & Logistics.
Position : Group Head- Internal Auditor (India)
Hierarchy : Reporting to M.D and Chairman
Job Profile. : Heading Internal Audit function of Operations
Sr. Period of Work Company Name Position held Reporting to
1 2013 -2014
Ansal Properties &
Associate Vice President
2 2012-2013 Jindal Steel & Power Ltd
Associate Vice President
HOD ( GIA )
GMR – Delhi International
Airport Pvt. Ltd.
Associate Vice President
HOD ( MAG )
4 2008-2009 Koutons Retail India Ltd General Manager (F&A) CFO
5 2000-2008 PACL India Limited
Senior Manager –
DGM (Internal Audit)
6 1996-2000 Altos India Limited - PCL Assistant Manager (F&A) Sr. Manager (F&A)
7 1994-1996 CNBC TV-18 Manager (F&A) DGM (F&A)
8 1991-1994 Ansal Group Of Companies Senior Accounts Officer
2. Snapshot of experience in Internal Audit
• Develop strategic objectives and risk based annual audit plans and monitoring its progress for
effective and timely completion;
• Ensuring the implementation of actions proposed by the audit committee and board, including
special audits, mystery audit, reviews and fraud investigations.
• Providing guidance in designing and formulating framework for
i) Internal control v) Risk Management
ii) Fraud Risk Management vi) Code of Corporate Governance
iii) Whistle blower policy vii) Self Audit Mechanism
iv) Control self-Assessment
• Design and implementation of audit universe, audit processes and methodology.
• Oversee the risk based financial, technical, operational, project management & cost rationalization
and IT System audits;
• Co-ordinate with outsourced auditors, external auditors and regulators as required;
• Provide inputs to formulate control procedures, SOPs, DOPs, and RASCI and SAP embedded
• Ensure timely publication of audit reports and adequate follow up for implementation of audit
• Regular review of financials, MIS Reports and other relevant information to be submitted to internal
and external agencies;
• Apprise the management about the key level risks, their potential impact and recommend mitigation
plan to contain them;
• Evaluation of treasury functions and working capital management activities;
• Evaluating , analyzing and suggesting improvements on financial models and bid processes;
• Facilitating management in smooth transition during merging/consolidating functions/new/changing
services and process.
• Advising on required controls and compliances during planning, designing, and implementation of
• Conducting investigation to confirm status on identified red flags with a view to capture and arrest
revenue leakages or unethical practices.
• Evaluate and conduct investigations on the complaints received through whistle blower policy;
• Active participation in building Business excellence through 5S, Kaizen, TPM, TQM, Work
standardization, ISO etc.
3. • Offer helpful insights and actionable intelligence with continuous thrust to maintain value added
Snapshot of experience in Finance & Accounts
• Designing & implementing accounting, reconciliation & financial statements.
• Participate in strategic meetings with senior management & provide an independent perspective.
• Preparing tax planning & ensuring timely assessment and filing of direct and Indirect tax returns.
• Delivering Monthly Financial statements and Management Reports.
• Ensuring timely General Ledger Accounting, Accruals, Recurring journals, Inter-company
transactions, reversals and adjustments.
• Assisting Accounts receivables process and providing Debtors Ageing analysis.
• Liaison with banks regarding operation of accounts, etc.
• Leading treasury function (including foreign exchange)
Snapshot of experience in Foreign Exchange
• Foreign exchange dealings relating to Imports & Exports transactions, Letters of credits, Bills for
collection, Exports bill collection, G.R. waiver, E.E.F.C a/c transactions. etc.
Systematic review and audit of the employer company’s worldwide systems, its branch offices,
associate and subsidiary companies and their adherence to the company’s established policies and
procedures has resulted in substantial cash recoveries and savings;
Recommendations on the introduction and management of effective enterprise risk management,
internal controls, cost audits, technical audits, operational reviews, project management audits,
working capital management, treasury management, budgetary control and IT system resulting in
substantial savings and continuous exercise of internal controls.
Fraud investigative audit work has led to identification of control weaknesses in contract management
framework that resulted in fraudulent activity between contractor and supplier.
Played an Integral part in developing an enterprise-wide risk management matrix as part of the
organization risk management policy.
Assisted in the Corporate Social Responsibility agenda for the organization.
Developed an insight into the implementation and training of audit automation software as well as
experience of presentations of modules specific to client needs
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT – ICAI (1988)
CRMA – Institute of Internal Auditors (2013)
B. COM (HONS) – Bhagat Singh College (1980) Delhi University.
Effective leadership, Good communication and Entrepreneurship
Innovative, creative and analytical
Sound knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards, Best Practices and Business Processes
Date of Birth : 28th May 1961
Passport : Holding a valid passport issued by Indian authorities.
Father’s Name : Sh. Surinder Jit Sood (Retired Govt. Employee)
Mother’s Name : Mrs. Usha Sood (Retd. Principal from Govt. School)
Wife : Mrs. Ashu Sood (Teacher in Govt. School)