Bio Inspired Corrugated Wing
S.NO Name of the student Roll No. Branch
1 KASOJU MADHAVA 20951A2136 AERONAUTICAL
2 AFSAR ALI.MD 20951A2141 AERONAUTICAL
• People who want better efficiency i.e, CL/CD ratio in their MAVs. The people
who use the conventional airfoils and get small L/D ratios. Ex. Agricultural Drones.
• The customers are trying to achieve high CL/CD ratio at very low Reynold’s Number
• The customer’s pain point is ‘Inefficiency of MAVs with conventional wings at low
Re. Their aspirations are to counter the former statement.
• The problem is not that big at present market scenario as the applicatons of MAVs
are not as common as it require for this problem to be. But as the applications of
Drones are expected to get quite common in all the industries in the upcoming
days it is expected to be big enough in the near future as the technological
developments will take place..
• The usage of the bio-inspired corrugated airfoils/wings in the MAVs is the
proposed solution to this problem. These airfoils have V-shaped valleys which in-
turn produce more lift by increasing the circulation between them.
• They can directly be used as wings on any MAVs by just replacing the pre-fixed
• The customer’s pain points are being adressed by providing what customer is
expecting from us in return by using these bio-inspired corrugated wings i.e,
high lift generation and efficient flight at low Re.
PROOF OF CONCEPT/PROTOTYPE DETAILS
• The technologies that are being used can be divided into 1) Designing
2) Fabrication 3) Testing
Designing of the airfoil is done using the designing softwares like CATIA v5.
Fabrication is done using 3-D printing. Testing is done using low-speed wind
tunnel at low Re.
• People have already performed many CFD analyses on the previously stated
words and we are developing a proof of concept by conducting the
experimentation on the exact matter to prove the CFD analysis are good to
• The existing solution is based on the CFD(Computational fluid
dynamics) analysis ,our proposed solution is based on the experimental
setup of the bio inspired corrugated wing in the low speed wind tunnel
by using wake analysis .
• The costumers are expecting high lift and low drag and glide ratio at
low reynolds number for low angles of attack , this proposed solution
can make customer happy by achieving their needs.
• Currently there are no existing solutions for this problem in the
market . Not many prototypes are made in this subject of
• High Cl/Cd ratio and glide ratio at low reynold’s number leads to
high aerodynamic performance for MAVs. Till 8 degrees of AOA
the glide ratio is the key differentiator of our product compared
to the existing solutions in the market.
• Currently not many real-world prototypes exist in the market as
the demand for MAVs is not that high. So the design of the
solution is not expected to have a reference to start with and
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.