3. Time Management
• Time management” is the process of organizing and planning how to
divide your time between specific activities.
• Good time management enables you to work smarter – not harder –
so that you get more done in less time, even when time is tight and
pressures are high.
• Greater productivity and efficiency.
• Work completion onTime
• A better professional reputation.
• Less stress.
• Increased opportunities for advancement.
• Greater opportunities to achieve important life and career goals.
7. Failing to manage your time effectively can
have some very undesirable consequences:
• Missed deadlines.
• Inefficient work flow.
• Poor work quality.
• A poor professional reputation and a stalled career.
• Higher stress levels.
8. Techniques OfTime Management
• Spending a little time learning about time-management techniques will
have huge benefits now – and throughout your career.
9. 1. Set goals correctly
Set goals that are achievable and measurable to improve time
management. Use the SMART method when setting goals.
In essence, make sure the goals you set are specific, measurable,
attainable, relevant, and timely.
10. 2. Prioritize wisely
Separate your tasks on how important and urgent they are in order to
achieve good time management.
For example, look at your daily tasks and determine
11. Important and urgent
Do these tasks right away.
Important but not urgent
Decide when to do these tasks
Urgent but not important
: Delegate these tasks if possible
Not urgent and not important
Do these tasks later
12. 3. Set a time limit to complete a task
Setting a time constraint will cause you to be more focused and efficient.
For example, instead of working on a project and thinking of doing it until
it’s done, set a limit of, say, three hours.
13. 4.Take a break between tasks
For People who work Continousely
When doing a lot of tasks without a break, it is harder to stay focused and
Allow some downtime between tasks by performing some mind-clearing
exercises like taking a quick nap, going for a short walk, or meditating.
14. 5. Organize yourself
Utilize your calendar by writing down the deadline for projects or tasks on
Determine which days should be dedicated to which tasks.
15. 6. Remove non-essential tasks/activities
It is important to remove excess activities or tasks that add no value to your
Determine what is significant and what deserves your time.
Removing non-essential tasks/activities frees up more time.
16. 7. Create a daily plan.
• Use the first 30 minutes of your day to create a daily to-do list that suits your
• Word your list items as if you’ve already completed them.
17. 8. Complete your most important and
demanding tasks first thing in the morning.
• you can focus more easily when your brain isn’t fully awake.
18. 9. Block out distractions.
• Keep your Mobile Phones silent
• Use your computer’s “do not disturb” function when working on focused
19. 10. Don’t strive for perfection.
• To become exceptional, you must fail repeatedly and learn from your
• Look at every effort as an experiment – a valuable step on your journey, no
matter what the outcome.
20. 11.Train the other side of your brain.
• Spending time outside of your comfort zone leads to success.
• If you’re a lawyer, learn to dance.
• If you’re a software developer, go out and socialize.
21. 12. Exercise often.
• Sports help you handle everyday stressors.
• Set some time aside for short workouts – at least every other day.
22. 13. Sleep well
• Scientists have found that sleeping less to create more task-oriented time
leads to trouble.
• Tired people procrastinate more and get distracted easily.
• Give your brain at least eight hours of sleep every night.
23. 14. Learn to say No.
• Your time is precious. Don’t waste it on people and projects that don’t align
with your mission and goals.
• Instead of automatically accepting invitations and offers, say, ‘I’ll check my
schedule and get back to you’.
24. 15. Be early
• Use the same approach with deadlines.
• Plan to submit your work one day ahead of schedule.
25. 16. Don’t answer the phone just because it’s
Avoid interruptions when working on high-focus tasks.
You can attend if it is important otherwise you can say “ I am at
work get back to you later.
26. 17. Plan ahead
Make sure you start every day with a clear idea of what you need to do.
For example, the night before, you can write down a list of to-dos for the
27. •Yesterday is a cancelled
Cheque,Tomorrow is a
Promisory note,Today is
ready cash. Use it.
• 1. Set goals correctly
• 2. Prioritize wisely
• 3. Set a time limit to complete a task
• 4.Take a break between tasks
• 5. Organize yourself
• 6. Remove non-essential tasks/activities
• 7. Create a daily plan
• 8. Complete your most important and demanding tasks first thing in the
• 9. Block out distractions
• 10. Don’t strive for perfection
• 11.Train the other side of your brain.
• 12. Exercise often
• 13. Sleep well
• 14. Learn to say No.
• 15. Be early
• 16. Don’t answer the phone just because it’s ringing
• 17. Plan ahead