7. Tools in Communicating Ideas and Opinions
Caricature - is a rendered image showing
the features of its subject in a simplified
or exaggerated way through sketching,
pencil strokes, or through other artistic
15. Tools in Communicating Ideas and Opinions
Shading is one of the fundamental
aspects of art. It takes your creative work
to the next level and it can visually add a
new dimension to your art.
27. Tools in Communicating Ideas and Opinions
Stereotypes are formulaic images used
to represent particular groups. A
stereotypical cartoon mother might have
messy hair, wear an apron, and hold a
screaming baby in her arms.
28. Tools in Communicating Ideas and Opinions
Symbols are pictures that
represent something else by
83. Tips in Editorial Cartooning
1. Use a single idea
2. Try not to be literal
3. Be factual or realistic
4. Do not overcrowd your cartoon
5. Innovate: Instead of ax, use chain
84. Tips in Editorial Cartooning
6. Understand the topic.
7. Find keywords in the given topic.
8. Make a clear opinion on the issue.
Are you for or against? Know your
9. Cartooning involves action.
85. Tips in Editorial Cartooning
10. Editorial cartooning is related to
the real world.
11. Editorial cartooning can be
compared to movies, tv shows,
cartoons or any fad.
12. Abstracts ideas.