4. Information About Your Hospital? Yearly Patients Figures Daily Medicine Indent Reporting Weekly OPD Reports Monthly Expenditure Data ? WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE DATA?
9. A Quick Look at Your Current HRD System 5. Are employees routinely considered for job vacancies and other opportunities for promotion? 4. Are job descriptions up-to-date and readily available to all employees? 3. Is the supervisor's role valued and supported by the organization? 2. Do employees view performance appraisals as an opportunity to learn about their skills and competencies and discuss future plans? 1. Do employees understand how their work specifically contributes to the mission and goals of the organization? Some- times No Yes Question Human Resources Quiz for Managers
10. 13. Can your organization take on new objectives or tasks with cooperation from everyone? 12. Do managers spend less than 10% of their time dealing with grievances? 11. Do employees come to work on time and work productively for the full work day? 10. Does your organization have a spirit of achievement and high performance? 9. Does your organization have strategies to provide meaningful jobs? 8. Can your organization engage in long-range planning, knowing it has or can develop the human resources required? 7. Does your organization have a clear system for managing volunteers? Sometimes No Yes 6. Do employees understand the organization's policies on salaries and benefits and consider them fair and equitable?
13. 1. Create an HRM Section Medical Superintendent DMS Unit Incharge HRM Specialist Unit Incharge Employees Employees Employees
18. If I knew what opportunities existed to improve performance , then I could act on them.
19. Renegotiate for excellence and innovation by engaging or energizing everyone Solve problems and minimize downtime; assure compliance What you do Relationships are constantly renegotiated Assets are controlled Implications Instant awareness with today’s data to solve today’s problems AND pursue future opportunities Obtain data from the past (benchmarking) to solve last year’s problems Use of data Key Assets Goal Criteria Relationships with employees are assets Employees are assets Pursue opportunities Solve problems Enterprise Excellence (EE) and optimized relationships Six Sigma and management of quality
21. 4. Plan your HRM Strategy Depending on the overall picture of areas requiring urgent intervention and those requiring long term strategy, build your comprehensive HRM Plan.