• Group 6 :-
• Anik Jaiswal (04)
• Ishu Khanna (13)
• Nupur Kapoor (22)
• Siddharth Mishra (35)
1. Company Background
2. What is Reverse logistics?
3. Circular Economy
4. Green Dust USP
5. Business Model
6. In-House Process
7. Technological process flow
8. Value creation for customer
9. Responsive Supply Chain
10. Utilizing Information
11. How the activities fit together
13. Greendust since 2014
15. Latest update on Greendust
Established in 2009
Sold branded, unused,
seconds, surplus, and
refurbished products at low
Use reverse logic as sourcing
Fastest $150 million run rate
14 repair center & 250
Offices in Dubai, Hong Kong
Explored Four key areas:-
A buyback/ exchanged
program for value
Expansion into emerging
Product category expansion
The systems required to take care of waste in a
responsible, effective and sustainable way.
Reverse direction of a typical supply chain.
Is about movement of goods from a consumer
towards a producer in a channel of distribution.
Synonymous with material recycling and waste
management to minimize cost, retrieve value
from reverse flows, and fulfil legislative and
Plays the role of logistics in product returns,
source reduction, reuse of materials, materials
substitution, waste disposal, recycling,
refurbishing, repair and re-manufacturing.
Prevents the disposal of end-of-life products
into the less environmentally friendly channels
such as landfill and incineration.
Considered as the backbone of ‘sustainable
development’ in its economic and
environmental footprint on business practices.
The process of planning, implementing and
controlling the efficient, cost-effective flow of
raw materials, in-process inventory, finished
goods and related information from the point of
consumption to the point of origin for the
purpose of recapturing value or proper
Greendust, through its branding
exercise,, has altered the
perception of refurbished
products and stresses the
extended life of the products and
low maintenance costs.
products contributes to the
‘green’ initiative of the
OEMs in managing the
This represents a
restoration cycle according
to the circular economy
Essentially the reverse
supply chain can be
divided into product
inspection, disposition and
into a more organized
Based on a unique
hybrid retail model
logistics is used as a
The company takes
products from OEMs,
provides a year’s
warranty from their
side, and sells them as
through their brand,
By managing their
(the clients’) returns,
products are pushed
back into the market
using Green Dust
through an online and
They are still OEM-branded products, for
example LG or Whirlpool, but with a
Green Dust stamp on them.
Market Acquisition by targeting
“ Value for Money” consumers
Sales by locating
close to customer
Customer Fulfilment and
Green Dust has created various values for
its customers including :-
Reducing product return costs by 25 per
cent (including warehousing, people,
Increasing cash flow from systematic asset
Improving asset recovery by 50 per cent,
Not cannibalizing the new product sales
channel from returned items,
Increasing productivity by 10 per cent.
Enabler for adhering to e-waste regulation
by supporting to 4 Rs- reduce, reuse,
repair and recycle
RESPONSIVE SUPPLY CHAIN
demand a proactive
approach to returns
between customer and
supplier can facilitate
lose 30% of their value
in 4 months
and surplus products
leakages (better cost
costs = 20% of
HOW THE ACTIVITIES FIT
just at the time
Marketing + GD
repair centre find
out what products
CRM activities +
to provide desired
the product is
and where desired
• Green Dust enables manufacturers and retailers to become environmentally
conscious and to comply with e-waste regulations.
• Enforces the 4 Rs – Reduce, Reuse, Repair and Recycle.
• Instead of Reverse Logistics and Recycling 201 allowing them to be dumped, Green
Dust brings the rejected items to life and use by testing and repairing them.
• Until now the company has prevented over 300,000 products from becoming
• It also hopes to cover all possible product categories, since the potential of this
business is not limited to electronics and consumer appliances.
• Some of the products it collects will not be refurbished or resold, but the model
supports eco-friendly destruction of such items.
• Products sold by Green Dust may have dents, scratches and aesthetic damages,
but they will be functional.
• The products will not carry an OEM Warranty, but Green Dust offers a functional
warranty of one year on all Green Dust-Certified products, unless otherwise
LATEST UPDATE ON
• Changed business model from
B2C to B2B in 2019
• Changed from inventory led
business model to technology
enabled service and solution
company in reverse-logistics.
No website for direct
• The company will provide
returned and refurbished
goods) to its partners without
taking inventory ownership.
• Greendust succeeded in reducing the high costs associated with
product returns and create a successful business model
• The business model largely depends on its partner companies
and the reverse supply chain.
• Lots of competitors jumped into this market segment. Companies
like Flipkart leveraged their consumer reach with subsidiary like
• This forced Greendust to find a new niche in reverse logistics
ecosystem and collaborate with competition.
• Geendust change its business model from B2C to B2B with zero
• Offered technology enabled liquidation-as-a-service to its partners
• Other competitors were doing B2C business for last mile connectivity
• Integrate grammar correction
• Customer recognition through voice/visuals
• Integrate with CBS and enable transaction using voice
• Financial advices based on markets and transaction
• Enhancements to handle second level aggregation
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.