# It is the set of the specific instructions which are given
to computer for execution.
There are three types of the programming languages –
1] High level language
2] Medium level language
3] Low level language
#1- High level language
• It is easy to understand , read and write.
• It is not understandable to computer. E.g. – English
#2- Medium level language
• It is an out put of the programming code which is written in the high
E.g. C- language , Java language.
#3- Low level language
• It is the programming language that deals with computer hardware
It is language which is understood only to the computer.
For the program development ‘C’ require four main steps.
1)Editing or writing of the program
-It is an understandable format to human beings
-The text of the ‘C’ program is stored of saves in the files with the
“extension- C” for the ‘C’ programming language.
-We cannot directly execute the source file first process after
writing the ‘C’ program is to compiling
-After compiling the source code “Obj.” file creates
• In a ‘C’ programming language the standard Input- Output
function as a condition in a library. i.e.- stdio.h
• After linking the files “extension.exe”
Which are executable files.
4) Executable files
• We can include “.exe” file simply by typing their links name at
1) It acts as Text Editor
2) To create operating system
3) It is used for Games & Animations with 3d effects
4) ‘C’ is good for system level programming
5) ‘C’ language is important for the flexibility of it’s use for
1) ‘c’ is the high level language which is related to the language of
human being hence it is easy to operate.
2) It is used to develop any type of the software.
3) ‘c’ provides powerful approach for system programming.
4) System software’s are used to control the hardware resources of
the computer system.
e.g. operating system – (Windows , Linux , Unix, Android.)
5) ‘C’ was originally made to develop system software’s but me can
also develop application programs.
6) It was the native language for Unix operating system
7) ‘C’ is platform dependent.
8) It is a small language because programme written in ‘C’
language takes little space in the computers memory
9)‘C’ code is executed very quickly
10) Large programs are compiled in short span of time
11) ‘C’ is a building block for other programming language
12) ‘C’ is flexible because ‘C’ code can be changed or modify
13) It has 32 keywords or reserve words to develop different
types of software’s e.g. – int , float
14) procedures and functions helps programmers to utilize for
multiple purposes e.g. – printf , scan
1)‘C’ does not provide constructor & Destructor
2)There is no concept of the name space in the ‘C’
3)‘C’ does not provide binding of data into a single
4)‘C’ does not provides the oops concepts
# include <stdio.h>
# include <conio.h>
Void main ( )
int a = 10
int b = 20
C = a+b;
C = a-b;
C = a*b;
C = a/b;
Getch ( );