1. Robyn Jones
Senior Information Technology Professional with more than 20 years of experience in the Healthcare
Industry. Hands-on leadership and project management experience in systems including Claims
Processing, Enrollment, Billing, Agent Commissions, and Government/Medicare. Approachable Project
Manager skilled at all facets of the software development life cycle including pre/post support and
managing client relationships. Expertise includes:
- Decision Making - Analysis and Design
- Performance Management and Salary Administration - Collaboration Skills
- JAR/JAD Facilitation - Vendor Management
- Business/IT Liaison Relationship Management - Change Management
- Teamwork - Communication Skills
Florida Blue, Jacksonville,Florida 1991 – 2014
Director (2011 - 2014)
Manager II/Project Manager (2000-2011)
Senior Systems Analyst (1998-2000)
Senior Operations Analyst/Project Manager (1991-1998)
• A reputation for excellence in effective decision-making, inspired leadership and mentoring of large
staffs of IT professionals; articulating and ensuring corporate goals are met,setting multi-million dollar
operations budgets, controlling costs and aggressively pursuing process improvement.
- As a Director, provided executive-level decision-making and leadership for 6 direct-report
managers and 2 systems architects,with supervision of 180-200 IT personnel that includes
contract workers as well as developers, systems analysts, technical architects, project
managers and systems administrators. Managed a combined $12.0 million annual
operations budget (2014) for 4 cost centers.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with a broad range of information technology functions and the
software development lifecycle including planning, requirements, architecture, analysis and design,
development, data security, operational readiness, implementation and post monitoring.
• Exceptional Project Manager Skills including design of project scope,clarification of business goals and
objectives, JAR/JAD sessions, selection and work assignment of staff, budget development, event
scheduling, quality assurance to ensure timelines and budget goals are met, and progress reporting to
• Extensive leadership in managing systems migrations and retiring legacy systems.
2. Résumé of Robyn Jones, Page 2 of 2
• A well-documented background of successin overseeing performance/salaryadministration, forecasting
cost center budget needs, understanding of cost allocations and budget, capacity planning, tracking and
managing impact of expenses across multiple cost centers.
• Uniquely insightful when serving as a business advocate to understand and develop new business
strategy plans, prioritize needs, coordinate prioritization across multiple corporate initiatives and
divisions to ensure continuity of business plans and support overall corporate strategy; excellence in
conveying technical information to non-technical lay personnel.
• Thirteen-plus years of experience working with CMS requirements and audit practices with an enviable
record of successful audit results.
• Experience in communicating with vendors/suppliers, to survey and evaluate their products/services,
negotiation of service levels and pricing, and management of the relationships.
• Extensive interaction with a large population of corporate clients to gather requirements, facilitate
business solutions, and resolve problems; successfully numerous major ad hoc corporate projects.
• Successfully managed government-related program changes, ensuring compliance with regulatory
statutes, assembling project teams and executing the work.
• Provided technical support for Medicare PartBissues; key player in systems migrations and broad-range
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, College of Applied Professional Science
Blue Cross/Blue Shield & Florida Blue Corporate Training (Partial List)
• Leadership Development Program • Project Management
• Building Better Relationships • Leadership for Performance
• Building Effective Teams • COBOL/CICS
• Emotional Intelligence • Diversity
• Polishing Presentation Skills • Management Development Program
• Zenger Miller Leadership Workshop • Microsoft Project
• 7 Habits Signature Program for Directors • PMM/PDM Tracking Apps
• Six Sigma Green Belt: Process Improvement • Change Management