• Parag Milk Foods Pvt. Ltd. was established in 1992
• One of India's largest private dairies, with processing capacity of 2 million
litres per day.
• Manchar in Maharashtra near Pune and Palamner in Andhra Pradesh
• Largest cow farm in India as well as Asia's largest cheese plant.
3. Vision & Mission
We strive to optimise the potential of milk across a host of exiting
dairy products to fill each day with imagination & healthy options for
We make every effort to ensure that our processes are safe, and that
high quality standards are maintained through the supply chain.
•Increase value-added products portfolio by 2020.
•Focus on health & nutrition by 2020.
•Enhance product reach.
•Increase operational research by 2020.
•Increase revenue from Rs.1955crs in FY2018 to Rs 2700 & 3000 by
•Increase EBITDA (Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and
amortization) from 10.5% to 12% by 2020.
• To identify the cause & problems in distribution channel.
• To study new emerging markets in dairy sector.
• To study the strategies of competitors of Gowardhan.
• To suggest to the company, how they can increase their sale.
1kg mozzarella cheese Rs. 450
1kg gouda cheese Rs. 640
1kg filler cheese Rs. 420
General trade /modern trade/ institutional sale
Has more than 3000 distributors across India.
Television ads, Bill boards, News papers, Social media
• 4 brands like Gowardhan, GO, Pride of Cows and Topp UP with distinct
• 32% share in high growth cheese market
• Strong presence in high growth modern trade and general trade
• Usage of 100% cow's milk 70% increase in processing capacity post expansion
• Limited pricing power in highly competitive fresh products
• Potential increase in VAT rate and tax rate on expiry of incentives
•Rising demand for value added milk products
•Rising consumer focus on health and Hygiene of milk and milk products
•Strong presence in high growth modern trade
•Low share of high potential segments like UHT milk, Whey powder etc in total sales
•Aggressive pricing by existing dairy cooperatives like Amul and Mother Dairy
•Focus on value addition by small dairies
•Decline in global and domestic prices
•Availability of electricity for storage and retailing of fresh dairy products
•Potential increase in competition from global and domestic players
Male / female
Age group 6-15,15-30,30-50,50+
Male / Female
Age group 15-30, 30-50
Go has carefully maintained its family based image. It has huge supply chain and
distribution networks across India. The best Quality of cheese at the reasonable
The product is made from 100% cow milk. It has most advanced dairy processing
plant in India, with highest manufacturing amongst the competitors.
10. The capacity of Govardhan cheese plant is 40 tons/day.
It is the first largest plant in India and second largest in Asia.
It is fully automatic plant.
The plant manufactures 3 types of cheese products are: