1. Address: # 77, Udayanagar, 2nd Main, Doorvaninagar Post, Bangalore – 560 016
Page 1 of 4
Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Vendor Management, Procurement / Sourcing &
A “Performance Driven Professional” bringing in unique level ofbusiness acumen with accomplishments developed in over 16+
years in the field of Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Import/Export, Order Management, Freight Forwarding
and Customs Regulation.
Experienced in managing entire process of Procurement, Operations & Logistics with an aim to accomplish corporate plans &
goals successfully in IT hardware industry.
Used instincts, insight, judgment, and timing to succeed on tough deal:
Adept at buying procedure, Imports, Logistics, with proven track record of achieving cost effective solutions and
Operations Management focusing on maximizing customer satisfaction, process compliance, etc.
Process improvement initiatives to achieve maximum efficiency in various operations.
Ability in coordinating with internal / external customers for running successful business operations and experience in
implementing procedures and service standards for business excellence.
Prudent, disciplined & self-motivated with excellentinterpersonal, communication & organizational skills with proven abilities in
team managementand customer relationship management. A strong communicator.A team player and an individual contributor.
Capable of adapting to change, when appropriate. Adapt to various situations prioritizing multiple work assignments
Ability to solve problems, the ability to think incisively, evaluate evidence judiciously, recognize hidden assumptions.
Sourcing / Procurement:Handling sourcing through identification of cost effective suppliers for procurement with an aim of
improving quality & reliability. Planning funds for procurement and sourcing of materials ensuring optimum utilization of
materials & maximum cost savings.
Logistics Management: Supervising logistic operations viz., Air, Sea freights & inland transportation up to warehouse.
Coordinating with Custom House Agents,C&FAgents and other external agencies for ensuring timely clearances and cost
effective transportsolutions. Negotiating with transporters, courier agencies, shippers, etc. to ensure seamless and cost-
effective movementof consignment. Liaising with customs authorities for clearance ofconsignments and ensuring statutory
Commercial Operations: Managing the import and export operations, keeping compliance with custom laws, notifications,
tariffs, RBI rules and guidelines. Attending to Customs & DGFT litigations with respective authorities. Taking necessary
insurance cover to protect goods from probable losses during transit and storage. Knowledge of Service tax, Sales tax, VAT
Stores Management: Overseeing the store managementand maintaining reduced inventory levels. Maintaining the stock of
material without any variance by conducting perpetual stock verification and documentation. Implementing Standard
Operating Procedures within the warehouse and training team members in maintaining compliance with these procedures.
Ensuring quality packaging to prevent goods from getting damaged in transit.
Planning/Inventory Management: Preparing material requirement plan as per production floor needs. Tracking and
maintaining inventory levels in the stores for all items required in the plant. Generating purchase orders as and when
inventory levels reach reorder levels. Efficiently managing the inventory levels, for ensuring ready availability of material to
meet production and dispatch targets.
Growth Path along with Noteworthy Contributions
2. Address: # 77, Udayanagar, 2nd Main, Doorvaninagar Post, Bangalore – 560 016
Page 2 of 4
Designation Industry Tenure
Executive - Admin Assistant Research & Development Jan’ 1998 To May’ 1999 1.5
Logistics - AssistantManager
Information Technology– IT Hardware
PC, Laptop, Server & Accessories
May’ 1999 To Mar’ 2004 4.10
Manager – Supply Chain Management
(India & Singapore)
Information Technology– IT Hardware
– Networking,Storage & Security
Mar’ 2004 To Jun’ 2011 7.3
Manager – Commercial (India)
Information Technology– Distribution
– Networking & Security
Jun’ 2011 To May’ 31st 2015 4.0
June-2011 to May 31st 2015 - Transition System Private Ltd as Manager - Commercial (India Operations)
Transition Systems is a regional distributor of technology products. Transition, India carries in impressive array of products like
Juniper, F5 Networks, HP Arcsight, Tipping point, Fortify, Aruba Networks, Digium, ‘Infoblox, Raritan, Shoretel, Safenet &
ERP Applications used: Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Order Placement on Vendors for Domestic & Import Purchase
- Managing Customs Clearance of Import & Export, (verify duty checklist, customs tariff code, STPI / EOU documentation)
- Follow up with Vendor/Supplier, Freight Forwarders & Customs House Agent.
- Monitoring Invoicing, Order Processing & Procurement / Sourcing. Providing weekly reports to Management.
- Logistics - Initiate goods movement between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer
- Monitoring Warehousing / Stores activity & providing reports to Management.
- Setting up of 3rd Party Logistics warehouses.
- Price negotiating with Courier / Transportation and Freight charges on periodic basis.
- Managed a team 07 associates
- Key role in drafting the quality and procedure manuals for the organization.
Implemented new process related to Procurement, Invoicing / Delivery & Demo movement.
Successful in setting up third party warehouse at Mumbai & Delhi.
Successfully prepared required guidelines / documents for Order processing, invoicing / shipping & Demo Guidelines.
Controlling costs 30% by negotiating prices on courier, transportation, freight forwarding.
Organization achieved growth from 25% in FY11 with revenue of 102 Crs, in FY12 with revenue of 135 Crs, In FY13
with revenue of 165 Crs & FY14 with revenue of 200Crs.
March’ 04 to June-2011 - Apara Enterprise Solutions Pvt. Limited as Manager- Supply Chain Management
Apara Enterprise Solutions Pvt. Ltd., is IT Infrastructure Company. Recognized leader in Enterprise Storage, Networking and
Security Segment. Partnered with leading technology players viz. NetApp, HDS, EMC, ISILON, Symantec, Quantum, Tandberg,
Juniper, Radware, Expand Networks, Bluecoat, Symantec, Fortinet, Citrix, HP, VM Ware, Citrix, Fusion IO, Blade Networks
ERP Applications used: Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Order Processing, Procurement / Sourcing & Invoicing Generation for Apara India & Singapore Operations
- Manage Complete Customs Clearance of Import & Export
- Follow up with Vendors, Freight Forwarders & Customs House Agent.
- Logistics – Initiate goods movement between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer
- Price Negotiation with Courier / Transportation and Freight on periodic basis
- Actively monitoring operations such as tracking shipments, tracking backorders, customs clearance, Freight Forwarding,
CHA, warehousing & distribution
3. Address: # 77, Udayanagar, 2nd Main, Doorvaninagar Post, Bangalore – 560 016
Page 3 of 4
- Distinction of being a member ERP implementation team .
- Providing weekly reports to management.
- Actively involved in re-exportation and facilitation of bond to bond transfer of goods for export oriented units
- Managed a team 03 associates.
Key person accountable for processing the ownership for ISO9001:2000 for sourcing & logistics
Received awards for exemplary contribution in the area of logistics for the fiscal year 2004-05
Dec’ 2003 to Mar’ 04 - Vitage Infoservices Private Limited, Bangalore as Assistant Manager – Logistics
May’ 1999 to Dec’ 2003 - Vitage Systems Private Limited, Bangalore as Executive – Admin & Logistics.
Vitage Systems is Information Security & Infrastructure Solutions Company. Headquartered at Bangalore wi th operations at
Mumbai & Delhi. Company partnered with HP, IBM, Sun Microsystems, Toshiba, APC, Microsoft and other brands for their
ERP Applications used: Web-Based ERP Software
- Procurement for Domestic & In-house requirement
- Order Processing, Invoicing & Delivery.
- Inventory Management
- Courier & Transportation.
- Accountable for Purchase, Vendor Development. Direct Involvement with Principals Distributors & Sub Distributors.
[Principal - IBM & HP] Distributors – Tech pacific, Ingram Micro, Redington, Iris etc.].
- Accountable for identifying competentprice & suppliers and obtaining quotations in accordance with the requirement and
- Continuouslymonitor the status of personnel in their operational activities,controlling the entire functions from receipts of
a material till dispatches to dealers with extra focus on effective packaging and constantimprovementon the operation as
Special Assignments Handled:
Successfully completed the task and process to build the Business at Vitage-Hyderabad and the process to help the
business function smoothly between - January 2001 to November 2001.
Jan’ 1998 to May’ 1999 - Exxon Mobil India Ltd., Bangalore as Admin Assistant.
ExxonMobil is a R&D Sector in India. ExxonMobil has presence in India through our chemical
- As an Admin. Asst. was accountable for the entire office maintenance.
- Was accountable for the stock and stores (inventory control).
- Was also solely accountable for the documentation of the research reports and the procurement as well handled the
documentation of ISO certification for the R&D sector.
1991–1992 S.S.L.C., Indiranagar High School, Bangalore.
1992–1994 P.U.C., Pragathi Pre-University College, Bangalore.
1994–1997 [B.A. (H.E.P)] Christ College, Bangalore.
English Junior Typewriting (30 w.p.m.).
Represented Bangalore University Football team for two consecutive years 1996 & 1997.
Professional Trainings & Workshops Attended
Team Building & Leadership Program
Training on VAT
4. Address: # 77, Udayanagar, 2nd Main, Doorvaninagar Post, Bangalore – 560 016
Page 4 of 4
Date of birth: July, 14th 1975
Marital Status: Married
PassportNo.:L6155263 [Valid till 26-11-2023]