LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
By Neeharika Bhartiya, Head of Product and Co-Founder at Sonar.
Learn how to conduct product usability studies at lean startup organizations. Know prototyping techniques, how many user studies to run, which software to use, and which questions to ask through the studies. These user studies have significantly informed product at Sonar, and we hope they'll help you do the same!
2. Set Up for Success
● Five = Magic Number
○ Aim for All Personas
● In Person or Hangouts
● Get Permission to Record
○ Screenflow = $99
● Bring Gift
● Allot 1 hour
3. Set the Right Tone
● “I didn’t design this, so your feedback can’t offend me.”
● “I’m not testing you, I’m testing our product.”
● “There are no right or wrong answers.”
● “If and when you do get stuck, I’m going to try not to answer
your questions or tell you what to do.”
● “As you work on the tasks, please think aloud.” (Remind user
of this constantly!)
4. Discovery Questions
● Zoom Out
● Understand Existing Behavior
● Who? Where? When? What? Why? How?
● Helps you Personalize Session
● Build Rapport & Trust
● Pregnant Pauses
● Status Quo, Reenactments, Successes & Failures,
Exceptions, Changes over Time, Describe in Your
Words, 3 Wishes
5. First Impression
● What is this?
● What is it for?
● How can you tell?
● Who do you think this is aimed at?
● What do you see?
● What questions does this raise?
● What information would you have wanted
to see here?
6. Task Scenarios
● What happened there? What you expected?
● What goes through your mind as you look at this? Which part are you looking
● Did you find what you were looking for?
● What would you do next? Why?
● Anything else you would do at this point? Any other way to do it?
● What did you think of that?
● Anything that confuses you?
● In what ways would you want this changed to make it better?
● Is there anything you wish was here? When would you use that?
● What do you like/dislike?
● 3 wishes to make it better?
● How would you describe this to
● Which parts are most/least
important to you?
● Don’t Prototype Everything!
● Do 5 Interviews
● Repeat Open Ended Questions
● Keep Asking Users What They Are Thinking
● Never Underestimate the Power of the Pregnant Pause