1. Shabeer Abdul Salam
Finance & Accounts Professional
Mobile No: 050- 2055754
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ready to join with a reputed organization, where I could exploit my past experience to develop,
contribute and lead Company for its optimum growth and development.
11+ years of experience in Finance & Accounts with reputed companies in UAE.
Hold a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) & Higher diploma in software engineering.
Well versed in computerized accounting & MS Office Applications.
Qualified, well-trained, finance & accounting professional with experience on decision
Expertise in designing financial policies & procedures and contributing towards improved
financial performance, heightened productivity & enhanced internal controls
Have detailed knowledge of accounting procedures, finance management, project
feasibility studies, project development, import-export dealings, liaison with banks, develop &
nurture client relations.
Possess demonstrated ability to work effectively and congenially with employees at diverse
Possess excellent analytical, management, administration & problem solving skills.
Self motivated; comfortable in taking initiative & working independently.
Can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Energetic and capable of working independently and a good deal of autonomy.
Holds Valid UAE Driving license
• Accounts Manager, Fairpoint LLC, Sharjah, UAE, (Since April – 2013)
• Accounts Manager, NPK Middle East, Dubai, UAE (July 2008 – Feb 2013)
• Accountant General, Gyma ,Dubai, U.A.E (June 2007 – June 2008)
• Accountant , Paris Group International (April 2005 – May 2007)
• Remain a main point of contact for Accounting and financial related issues.
• Supervise & coordinate the Accounts division; ensure that all accounts responsibilities are
handled efficiently and effectively.
• Presenting a true and fair view of the financial position of the company by preparing
financial statements viz, P&L Account, Balance Sheet and annual reports.
• Ensure accuracy of information contained in financial reports & their compliance with
2. • Making sure the records are kept strictly in accordance with the provisions of Companies
Ordinance and International Accounting Standards (IAS’s);
• Manage the day to day financial transactions of the company.
• Prepare monthly budget & maintain book of accounts in a computerized environment.
• Assisting annual budgets as well as conducting variance analysis to find out causes of
deviation and undertaking corrective measures
• Supervise the whole range of Accounts Payable, Receivable & Budget Preparation.
• Monitor Payroll and Management Reporting Activity.
• Prepare day to day bank transactions & day to day cash transactions reports.
• Responsible for daily funds position, receivables position & reporting to CEO
• Handle cash management.
• Control petty cash; prepare render accounts of individuals & departments.
• Prepare Projected & Actual Cash Flow Statements.
• Manage the Invoice generation Operation & Credit Control.
• Ensure reconciliation of all sub ledgers & general ledger is performed on regular basis.
• Ensure General Ledger entries are accurate and are in line with Company Procedures &
International Accounting Standards.
• Finalize Trial Balance with supporting schedules.
• Ensure effective fixed assets & inventory controls are applied.
• Check Monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements of all bank accounts maintained; resolve
any differences in a timely manner.
• Making periodic reports and ad-hoc reports for the CFO & CEO;
• Ensure continuous development & improvement of the procedures within the finance
• Liaise with & assist internal & external auditors; implement recommendations if any; take
corrective action wherever required.
• Payment Follow-Up and Preparation of cheques
• Bank reconciliation and reconciliation of debtors and creditors.
• Prepare regular reports & summaries of accounting activities.
• Prepare debtors’ listings & constantly follow up for payments.
• Verify recorded transactions & report irregularities to management.
• Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.), Calicut University, April 2004
• Higher Diploma in software engineering, Aptech Computer Education
• CMA (Certified Management Accounting), In Process
• Accounting Software : Working with Microsoft Dynamics AX,
Previously worked with ERP software, Oracle, Tally
• Office Application : MS Office
Date of Birth : 11/12/1981
Nationality : Indian
Civil Status : Married.
Languages Known : English, Hindi, Malayalam & Arabic
Visa Status : Employment visa
License : Holds valid UAE Driving License