1. Page1 of 8
SHAHBAZ. ABDUL AZEEZ
Mob:+971 50 2126572(uae).
A challenging position as a Procurement , Estimation & Subcontract Professional with an
opportunity for challenge and personal growth. Looking for a challenging position in an
organization where I can utilize my professional skills and expertise, and to be able to
contribute to company’s growth and development.
• Professional experience and playing a multifaceted role in Procurement and Contracting
functions with the fundamental knowledge of best practices in Oil & Gas Industries
• Analytical and creative ability which brings a fresh approach to Project procurement
Planning, Budgeting, Procurement and Contract Policies and Procedures Management, KPI
Management, Vendor/Contractor relations building, negotiation, and Supply Chain
• Extensive knowledge in INCOTERMS and management of all logistics matters by
achieving optimum time management.
• Facilitating the management in auditing, due diligences and also providing suitable MIS
Reports in required formats and Stakeholder Management.
• Good Team Player and proficient in working efficiently and effectively in a high pressure
and cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills (Oral & Written).
• Knowledge of SAP & MS OFFICE Packages
Master of Business Administration - MBA ,Procurement and logistics management(full
University of Sunderland, London Campus, United Kingdom.
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering - BTech(full time program)
University of Kerala, India. (2006-2010)
2. Page2 of 8
Procurement and planning
Cost Control, estimation and budgeting
Excellent in Communication and Negotiation Skills
Excellent in Marketing and Customer Development
Problem Solving Skills
Good Team Player
Works under pressure
Team Management Skills
MS Office(V look up),Tally Solutions, Wings Accounting
Windows Installation, System Configuration
SAP/Quadra ERP systems.
Procurement Engineer(EPC): 2014/Till Date
Al Asab General Contracting Establishment
Client : Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Petroleum Oil Operations (ADCO)
Project : EPC for Tie in at South East Package – A, Sahil –Asab Fields.
OGD1 Trunk line Replacement,Habshan.
24 Lean Gas Project. (GASCO)
• Ensure control over procurement of Multi-disciplined material categories like Mechanical,
Piping, Electrical and Instrumentation Packages and administrate till the complete supply chain
3. Page3 of 8
• Maintain the procurement and contracting policies, process and procedures, General
Conditions of Purchase (GCP), Particular Conditions of Purchase (PCP) and support the team
personnel in inducting them in to the policies and procedures of the department.
• Recommend and implement process improvement to existing policies and procedures
• Act as the procurement coordinator for a specific project, as required, monitor
adherence to established procurement procedures by site procurement team
• Undertake market intelligence/ information tracking for the specific material categories
• Assist Head Procurement in providing materials prices to estimation department. Float
enquires, receive and tabulate offers and undertake pre-bid negotiations for the materials.
• Analyze using Kraljic portfolio purchase model and prepare project procurement plan based
on Material requirements plan at project inception
• Obtain updated materials requirements plan from the project planning department on a
quarterly basis; prepare procurement plans and initiate procurement action based on the
• Participate in monthly integrated planning meetings
• Provide a time-phased project fund and LC requirement plan to Finance Department through
the Head Procurement
• Assist Head Procurement for preparing item wise/category wise Procurement Budget based
on item wise requirements received from Operations department
• Review the status of Procurement and Contract as per the Budget and assist the team
proactively in completing the targets as per plan.
• Analyzing the cost overrun if any, by comparing the tender consideration and the present
project requirement and appraise the Project Management team for putting up suitable claim
with the client.
• Consolidate requirements for materials across projects and initiate activities required for
establishing rate contracts, wherever applicable
• Establish site specific rate contracts
• Initiate procurement activity for the material category based on the material requirement
• Raise enquiries on approved suppliers
4. Page4 of 8
• Coordinate with Project Manager, Engineering Team, QA/QC Team for technical evaluation of
supplier proposals and also ensure the complete technical compliances from the Vendor.
• Ensure the sub order placement from Vendor shall be in accordance with the Approved
• Undertake commercial evaluation of proposals
• Preparing the Comparative Statement and throwing out various price scenarios with the
offers received from vendors and formulating the order placement strategy.
• Performing spent analysis and correlating the historic price data with the currently offered
prices and arriving at an optimum price for the subject package based on market trends of raw
• Participate in supplier negotiations.
• Ensure budgetary compliance for the concerned material category
• Prepare the approval note and submit the same to the Head Procurement
• Ensure use of standard formats for Purchase orders, Sub Contract Agreement, standard terms
and conditions and obtain approval from Director Procurement and Contracts in case of
• Place Purchase order/Sub Contract after obtaining approval.
• Placing the Purchase Order/Sub Contract by using SAP Material Management Module.
• Maintain purchase order status / sub contract status for all orders raised till date.
• After order placement, following up with the vendor for Order Acknowledgement, Bank
Guarantees and VDDR document submission with specific timelines for submission of
documents and also organizing the Kick off Meeting (KOM).
• Establish L/C with the negotiated documents against achievement of identified milestone in
line with the agreed Payment terms.
• Expedite the document approval with the Engineering Team and Client and ensure
documents are approved and manufacturing clearances are given in time. Also coordinate for
Pre Inspection Meeting (PIM) in Vendor works with Engineering Team and Client prior to
• Reviewing the manufacturing status report submitted by the vendor and validate the inputs
provided by vendor with the site expediting report.
• Visiting vendors’ and sub suppliers works globally (Middle East, Europe) and reviewing VDDR
Document submission status, Fixing the timelines with the Vendor for the pending document
• Visiting the vendor’s site and reviewing the sub orders status by Verifying the Purchase order
placed, Checking the Contractual delivery date of the sub order as per the Purchase Order, Sub
5. Page5 of 8
Order Manufacturing status report, if required visiting the works of the sub order vendor to
expedite the process as the case may be
• Visiting the vendor’s site and reviewing the manufacturing status by analyzing the work
breakdown structure, motion study and prepare an alternate recovery plan to mitigate the
delay in material delivery and ensure the ROS date as per the Project are met.
• Coordinating with the logistics coordinator for appointing the freight forwarder as per the
agreed INCOTERMS and also ensure proactive logistics arrangement for ODC consignment for
performing road survey, clearance from statutory bodies, Special approval, Barge availability
• Co-ordinate the establishment of required insurances, bonds and guarantees with the
Vendors and develop a culture of commercial and risk awareness throughout the business
process & operations.
• Certify invoices against achievement of identified milestones and ensure timely payment to
the Vendor/Contractor. Also solving any L/C discrepancy if any
• Coordinate with the Suppliers and PMC/Client for establishment of SPIR as per the required
formats and establishing rate contract with the suppliers for a span of two years
• Coordinate for Inspection of manufactured material through Third Party Inspection
Agency(TPI) and QA/QC team for witness and ensure the release of Inspection Release Note
• Issuing the Dispatch Release Note(DRN) after release of IRN and close follow up with the
logistics coordinator and freight forwarder and act proactively in customs clearance to avoid
any further delay and demurrages.
• After receipt of material at Site, Coordinate with the site QA/QC team for Inspection of
material and raise the Material Receipt Inspection Report (MRIR), Also take up with the vendor
if any damage is raised in the MRIR Report.
• Coordinate with the Vendor for Site Supervision Services for commissioning of equipment and
performance trial run and ensure the close out of all punch list points and Provisional
Acceptance Certificate (PAC) is issued to the Vendor.
• Issue order closure.
Supplier Management :
• Maintain an updated list of approved suppliers for the concerned material category
• Assist the Head Procurement in the supplier evaluation exercise, as required
• Enlist suppliers with the approval of Director Procurement & Contracts. Obtain assistance of
Quality Department for technical evaluation
• Assist Head Procurement in supplier rationalization.
6. Page6 of 8
Inventory Management :
• Provide required information to HO Inventory Controller for developing inventory norms for
consumables and bulk material
• Undertake inventory check of materials across sites prior to placement of purchase order
Value Engineering :
• Participate in the value engineering process, generate ideas through discussions with
suppliers and monitor implementation of approved ideas.
Key Performance Indicator:
• Assist the Head Procurement in establishing KPI Set fields for the department and the team
• Collate the monthly KPI data, Measures and analyses the data, Prepare KPI Report and
communicate to all concerned in the senior management.
Marketing Consultant 2013/2014
ORIOC UK Limited
Unit-14, 101 Commercial Road
About the Company
ORIOC UK LIMITED is a firm of management consultants and marketing experts, dedicated
to support for medium business enterprises, owners to build up sustainable, rewarding and
high performing business.
Develop Strategic business planning and development for sales, marketing, product
promotion and advertisement, training and assessment, coaching and mentoring.
Develop marketing plan, market segmentation, marketing strategy, market retention,
marketing campaign, seminars and events, trade shows and exhibitions, web design search
engine optimizations (SEO), Branding and Logo.
Carryout business analysis, marketing analytics, market research, market reports,
competitor analysis, opportunities and threats, data collection and analysis, expert
interviews, survey based market research, customer segmentation analysis, product
7. Page7 of 8
Sales Engineer (Started as Graduate Management Trainee in Marketing) 2010 /2013
ISSI Technopipe Industries
Central Marketing Division
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
About the Company
ISSI Technopipe Industries is a leading Manufacturer and Supplier of specialized Oil Field
pipes, fittings, gaskets, valves, vessels and other accessories.
Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and
maximizing client potential in designated regions.
Developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their
Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality,
price and delivery.
Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company
Calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support
Analyzing costs and sales;
Preparing reports for head office;
Meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing
Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
Liaising with other members of the sales teamand other technical experts;
Helping in the design of custom-made products;
Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team.
Date of Birth 08th December 1987
Address Dr. Anaz
NajdaStreet, Flat No 807
Bin Sagar Tower,
Passport No G1473442
8. Page8 of 8
Visa Status Employment Visa
Languages English, Urdu, Malayalam
Marital Status Single