THE SUCCESS STORY
• Founded by Eugene Schuller in 1909 and headquartered in
• Markets 27 global brands.
• Operates across five divisions selling high-end luxury
cosmetics, professional hairstyling products, specialized
dermatological products, mass-marketed consumer beauty
products and Body Shop brand.
L'Oréal has also established loyalty programs such as
L'Oréal Paris Golds Rewards to appeal to its consumers.
L'Oréal believes this will revolutionize the
way women shop for makeup.
• Destination Beauty, a YouTube channel
that provides on latest trends to
• Makeup Genius, a virtual makeup tester,
allows women to try different looks.
Discuss L'Oréal Paris’s message strategy and creative strategy in light
of its slogan and use of brand ambassadors. Do you think L'Oréal
Paris has adopted its IMC strategy effectively in the Middle-east?
• L’Oréal uses a rich integrated marketing
communications mix across TV, print, events,
experiences, interaction and social media.
• the slogan spread the message of respect and
recognition for women.
• Each tool is implemented keeping in view local
preferences and customs.
• uses celebrity endorsements in the middle east.
• developed specific promotional campaigns for
popular festivals in middle east.
• also partnered with Mooda.com to launch its first
e-commerce platform in the middle east.
Najwa Karam, first ambassador of L'Oréal
Evaluate L'Oréal approach to events, experiences, and
sponsorship. Has L'Oréal been effective in selecting its partners?
• L'Oréal believes that events bring brands to life and are key
component of its IMC strategy.
• It effectively integrates promotional events with the celebrity
power of its brand ambassadors.
• Yes, L'Oréal has been effective in selecting its partners. It aligns
its communication strategy with fashion events by sponsoring
• It also works on partnerships to gain visibility across strategic
traditional and digital media developing its marketing
What are the benefits of content-based marketing for a beauty
brand like L'Oréal? Do you think L'Oréal is right in completely
integrating its traditional and digital media?
• Content based marketing helps incorporate best message strategies to
build creative messages that increase its brand equity.
• A blend of traditional and digital promotions is crucial so as to cater to
every segment of society.
• Consumers are increasingly using digital and social media.
• Yes, I think the company is right in completely integrating its traditional
and digital media.
• By developing content using how-to videos, information on trends, fashion
tips, virtual makeup trials, celebrity appeals, and covering glamorous
awards and fashion events, L'Oréal stays relevant to the subject of beauty