1. Brandi Silver
1258 Birch Drive Morganton, NC 28655
Phone: (828)443-6934 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is my desire to facilitate the positive growth and development of youth by mentoring
at-risk students. I want to assist youth in examining their situation and making a plan for
post-secondary education, training or employment upon completion of high school. As
the WIA program facilitator, I want to provide work experiences including internships
and job shadowing as well as study skills training, employability workshops, tutoring and
follow-up visits. I would like to engage various community organizations to promote the
achievement of organizational performance goals for the WIA program.
Burke County Public Schools 2011-present
• Leading WIA youth participants through the North Carolina Rural Entrepreneurship through Action
Learning program (NC REAL) to expose them to an alternative source of financial independence.
• Serving as a job site supervisor while monitoring workflow and quality for the WIA youth
participants during the Summer Work Program.
• Develop engaging, student-centered, real-life activities/lesson plans for alternative students.
• Effectively create, collect and maintain student data to drive instruction.
• Maintain a leadership role within the school by developing in-service training in personalized
instruction and lesson development to increase student engagement in an alternative setting.
• Assisted in the planning and implementation of the new Foods and Life Skills curriculum at
• Active member of the SIT team, NCACTE and Hallyburton CTE committee
• Sponsor the Student Hospitality Club
McDowell County Public Schools 2005-2011
K-6 Elementary teacher
• Designed and delivered innovative, high interest instruction while adhering to the NCSCOS that
covered the range of students’ instructional needs as well as connecting to their interest.
• Set high expectations for all students.
• Assisted students in developing attainable goals in order for them to achieve success.
• Utilized formative assessments to drive instruction allowing me to adjusts lessons while teaching in
response to students’ questions and actions
• Fostered a love of learning in the classroom and promoted excellent student engagement.
• Grade level chair
• Coordinated school-wide Veteran’s Day Program
• Co-sponsor for Show Choir
• Authored, submitted and received technology grant to fund flip cameras for classroom use
• McDowell County representative for UNC World View Study Visit to Costa Rica
• Planned and hosted a school-wide ESL Family Involvement Night
Universal Mental Health 2004-2007
Community/School Based Support Therapist
• Provided one on one comprehensive and integrated behavioral/mental health support services in
the community to allow the client to acquire the social skills needed to function in society.
• Delivered behavioral health interventions to reduce barriers resulting from existing behavioral or
emotional problems to ensure that the client’s focus remained on their individual goals.
• Maintained detailed case notes on clients to supplement and synthesize information on their
strengths and needs in a range of areas to provide as a means to justify specific services and
Lees-McRae College 2002-2004
B.S. Elementary Education
• NC Real certified
• 2013 Teacher of the Year
• Possess the ability to bond with students, to understand and resonate with their feelings and
emotions and to communicate on their level by empathizing and validating those feelings.
• Open and willing to listen to others' ideas.