LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Social media is a new form of mass
media. It is defined as human beings
having conversations and
relationships through the use
of online technology. Promoting a
blog with social media will increase
your reach and audience. Other
•* Low cost
•* Global reach
Originated in 2004 as a social network for
recreational use. It has now been embraced
by B2C businesses trying to boost
engagement through competitions and
interactive discussions. Some stats (2017):
• 1.28 billion daily active users
• 1.94 billion monthly active users
•Approximately 85.8% of daily active users
are outside US and Canada.
How to use it
• Create a Business Page (if required)
• Promote events
• Promote sales, promotions and offers
• Get feedback
• Ask questions
Has been around since 2007, has 271
million monthly active users and is
available in over 35 languages. It’s
defined as a micro-blogging platform
because of its text restriction to up to
140 characters. Some stats (2016):
• 313 million monthly active users
• 82% of Twitter active users are on
• 79% of accounts are outside the U.S.
How to use it
•Create a Twitter profile
•Follow influencers, celebrities and media personalities
•Build up your following by offering/retweeting links to good content
•Broadcast blog links
YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
Launched in 2005, it currently boasts over 1 billion unique
users each month. Online videos have moved from
entertainment to education, including “How To” videos. It is
used by mass media agencies to showcase TV adverts - a
one-off, 30-second TV ad does not provide the same viral
Some stats (2017):
• Over 1 billion users
• Hundreds of millions of hours of videos watched every
• Localised in 88 countries, 76 different languages
covering 95% of the world’s internet population
How to use it
• Create a series of videos linked to your blog
• Upload your videos and embed them on your blog
• Use keywords to categorise videos and place a link to your blog
• Spread your videos through other Social Media channels (share button)
Launched in 2003, LinkedIn is the world’s largest
professional network online. It is a great platform for finding people,
recruiting staff and discussing industry topics. Members are sharing
insights and knowledge with status updates and in groups. Some stats
• Over 467 million members in over 200 countries, available in 24
• 67% of LinkedIn members are located outside the U.S.
• Over 40 million students and college graduates
• Over 10 million firms have Company Pages
How to use it:
•Create a company profile – best for B2B (if required)
• Join groups and become involved in discussions
• Connect with employers (if relevant)
• Ask/answer questions or give/ask for recommendations
• Ask for introductions
Fast-growing photo-sharing platforms launched in
2010, with Pinterest prevailing at first and now
being challenged by mobile app Instagram.
Pinterest stats (2017):
• Over 175 million users worldwide
• 50% outside the US
• 80% on mobile
Instagram stats (2017)
• 600 million monthly active users
• 400 million daily active users
How to use Pinterest
• Gather photos, grouped in theme boards. You can link them to a blog.
• Re-pin other users’ photos (the visual equivalent of a retweet)
• Launch a competition and invite users to post their best photos.
How to use Instagram
• Set up an account to share photos. You can edit photos in the app.
• PC extensions will get Instagram on a computer but this is a phone app;
most users share photos from their phones.
• You can build a following by using the photos on your blog. You can have
competitions… This is a channel popular with celebrities.
Pinterest and Instagram
How to monetise your blog
• @bloggerrequired - connects brands & bloggers
• http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/media/blogger-community/ (food)
A few communities