1. Snehal Thakur
| 21, Jalan Jamal, Singapore 457617 |
| Contact: +65 84815670 | Email: email@example.com |
Ernst and Young Advisory Pt. Ltd | February 2015 – Present
Manager - 1, Financial Services Risk Management
Worked on PMO project for large American bank (6 months)
• Handled Project Management Office for AML system up-gradation project of large American bank. Business
lines include Consumer banking, private banking and institutional banking.
• Responsibilities includes, prepare and track deployment plans, identify and engage relevant stake holders,
advice client on AML and project management matters, prepare management reports and update
management on progress of project etc.
Worked on Compliance Framework review (PMO) project for large Japanese bank (2 months)
• Responsibilities include draft and track review program, provide advice to client on compliance framework and
update management on progress of project.
Managed team of 3 for customer onboarding project for a large American bank (6 months)
• Facilitate client onboarding for geographies like Singapore, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Australia and
India for corporate banking business.
• Review and access the customer screening results against watch lists.
• Liaise with business and customer for completion of onboarding requirement
• Responsible for managing team of 3 junior staff.
DBS Bank Ltd. | July 2008 – February 2015
Associate, Financial Crimes & Security Services - Transaction Surveillance Unit
a. DBS Bank Ltd. (India) | July 2008 – September 2011
b. DBS Bank Ltd. (Singapore) | September 2011 – February 2015
Roles & Responsibilities
• Analysis and investigation of Money-Laundering and Fraud alerts, complaints, escalations. Portfolios include
Consumer Bank, Priority Bank, Corporate Bank Financial Institutions Group and securities
• Completed analysis of transactional information to identify risk, trends and potential wary activity and Performed the
required KYC screenings on customers documenting the information obtained on the client's as required by global
• Liaise and coach Relationship Managers in conducting proper Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and highlight the
importance of Knowing Your Customers (KYC)
• Statutory AML returns - Suspicious Transactions Reports (STRs), Cash Transactions Reports (CTRs)
• Assist in preparation of process manuals incorporating procedures and controls to identify and mitigate risk. Also
added steps with focus on standardizations of process - Cross-trained key members of New Accounts department
on AML, on-boarding policies, Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and highlight the importance of KYC
• Assist in internal audits as well as regulatory audits
• Assist management in preparing statistics and reports
Brief: Currently working at EY, SG providing advisory services for KYC-AML
More than 10 years of extensive professional experience in managing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and
Know Your Customer (KYC), guidelines, standards and systems.
Expertise in planning, designing and implementing systems & procedures for compliance to manage
regulatory requirements with efficiencies.
Key implementer for KYC-AML framework set up and MIS for senior management review at DBS India and part of
2. • Assist in conducting monthly Quality checks.
• Participate in AML project initiatives. Implemented AML Transaction monitoring system in DBS India and lead
team member for AML Transaction monitoring system for DBS Singapore
• Monitored and tracked regulatory circulars / developments.
• Prepare, track and test Key Obligation Register (KOR) based on latest development in KYC- AML
space for all Business and Support Units.
• Conduct compliance trainings for various business and operations group for adherence to KYC-AML guidelines.
• Ensure implementation of Chinese wall and confidentiality Personal Investment Policy (PIP)
• Lead project team member - implementation of the new enterprise-wide surveillance system solution for AML
transaction monitoring in DBS Singapore as per MAS standards (MAS 626)
• Set up and implemented the AML Transaction Monitoring System for DBS India
• Awarded “Ace Performer” by CEO of DBS India
YES Bank Ltd. | June 2006 – June 2008
Senior Officer, Know Your Customer/Anti Money Laundering Unit
Roles & Responsibilities
• Compliance to AML activities relating to Corporate Banking; including remittances, trade transactions, retail
transactions, custody operations etc.
• Implementing policies and framework for customer risk profiling & transaction monitoring
• Pilot runs and UATs of automated solution for monitoring of transactions.
• Filing of monthly Suspicious Activity Reports/Cash Transaction Reports with statutory bodies
• Designing of training modules and conducting trainings for various business and operations group for adherence
to set procedures
• Member of Working Committee for driving Quality Assurance for Centralized Processing Center
• MIS and reporting to Senior management and Bank’s Audit Committee
• Advisory to business/support units for KYC/CDD guidelines and account opening documentations
• Heading the Business Query Resolution Desk for the Bank
• Assisting Business to design and conduct trainings for KYC/CDD and account documentation requirements
Kotak Mahindra Bank | May 2005 – May 2006
Junior Officer, Account Opening Operations
Roles & Responsibilities
• Documents verification for new and existing customers for all products
• Business Query Resolution Desk – for accounts rejected due to lack of proper documentation
• Processing of customers details and system updates.
• Enabling requests received for channels interfaces including Debit cards, payment Gateway, net Banking and
• Account related maintenance including operating instructions; MIS code maintenance, Cheque book request and
waivers as per request.
Mumbai University, 2001 - 2003
Bachelor of Commerce
Professional Qualifications / Trainings
Association of Certified Anti-Money laundering Specialists (ACAMS), December 2012
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
COMAT Training Institute, 2012
ICDL Advanced Certification in Microsoft Excel
Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, December 2007
Certificate in KYC-AML
3. NMIMS, 2003 - 2004
Diploma in Business Management
Date of Birth : 12th
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indian
Work Status : Employment Pass Holder (Singapore)