SlideShare emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
SlideShare emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Dhirubhai ambani successful business man----reliance industries limited
NATHWANI SOHAIL K.
DHIRUBHAI HIRACHAND AMBANI
arguably India’s most enterprising entrepreneur.
IDEAS ARE NO ONE’S
life referred to as a true "rags to riches" story .
28.12.1932 – forever
• D.O.B.- 28.12.1932
•He born at Chorwad, of Gujurat
•Father - Hirachand Govardhandas Ambani -a school teacher
•Mother- Jamanaben- a thrifty woman
• Two brothers and two sisters.
Extremely demanding, and difficult to placate.
As he grew up, he became even more vigorous, and irrepressible.
Possessed immense gusto and enormous energy.
Always determined to do what he wanted to do, in exactly
the way he wanted it done, come hell or high water, as the
• After he completed his primary education, at the village school, he
was sent to the Junagarh Dist. for further studies
• Quite popular in his school
and well- known for his brilliance
• Elected general secretary of the Junagarh Students Union
LIFE IN ADEN
• After his annual matriculation examination, on the request of his father he had to move to
Aden, Yemen to support his family
• Aged 16 yrs
• Started worked with A. Besse & Co. for a salary of Rs.300, immediately on reaching Aden
• A. Besse & Co.-- largest transcontinental trading firm east of Suez
• Dhirubhai -first sent to the commodities trading section & later, transferred to the section that
handled petroleum products for the oil giant Shell
● 1958 :- Returned to Mumbai, from Aden to start his own business in spices
● 1959 :- Started Reliance Commercial
Corporation with a capital of Rs 15,000 at Mumbai
● 1966 :- Set up a spinning mill at Naroda, near
Ahmedabad; floated Reliance Textiles on a
capital of Rs 15 lakh
● 1977 :- Reliance Textile Industries issued 2.8
million shares in a landmark public issue
● 1983 :- Reliance sales increased but net
● 1988 :- Reliance Petroleum raises
Rs 1,300 crore from two million applicants
● 2000 :- World's largest refinery complex was
commissioned at Jamnagar, valued at over
Rs. 25,000 crores
• (DA-IICT)- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology - established by
The Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation (DAF) at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
Gave importance for community development.
The DAF has joined the management of Sir Hurkisondas Nurottumdas Hospital and Research
It is a 28-year-old institution involved in clinical research
DAF converted this hospital into a patient-focused and not-for-profit.
Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Lodhivali, District Raigad
RELIANCE AFTER DHIRUBHAI
In November 2004, Mukesh Ambani in an interview
admitted to having differences with his brother Anil
Over 'ownership issues’
The Reliance empire was split between the Ambani
Mukesh Ambani getting RIL and IPCL
Anil Ambani heading Reliance Capital, Reliance
Energy and Reliance Infocomm.
Mukesh Ambani is referred to as the Reliance
Anil's Group has been renamed Reliance Anil
Dhirubhai Ambani Group (Reliance ADA Group)
In popular media
GURU- HINDI FILM BASED
ON DHIRUBHAI AMBANI
IN 1998, A BOOK "THE POLYESTER
PRINCE" IS ALSO AN UNAUTHORIZED
BIOGRAPHY OF DHIRUBHAI AMBANI,
OUTLINING ALL HIS POLITICAL AND
Quotes by Dhirubhai Ambani
*"I AM DEAF TO THE WORD "NO"."
"Thinkbig, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one's
"You do not require an invitation to make profits"
"Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the
deadlines is my expectation”
"We bet on people”
"We cannot change our Rulers, but we can change
the way they Rule Us”
He was born into a Gujarati family. HirachandGordhandhas Ambani was a village school teacher with little income.Hirachand and Jamnaben had two daughters and three sons Dhirubhai was the second son Dhirubhai Dhirubhai was highly intelligent. He also do not like to learn lessons in the class school classroom. He chose work which used his physical ability to the maximum When Jamnaben once asked Dhirubhai and Ramnikbhai to help his father by earning money, he angrily replied, "Why do you keep screaming for money? I will make heaps of money one day". On weekends, he began setting up onion/potato fries stall at village fairs and made extra money which he gave his mother
The Reliance empire was split between the Ambani brothers