1. Somnath Tike
Mobile: +91 - 9595010161 / 7758009615 E-Mail: email@example.com
Aspiring for senior level positions in Stores Management / Material Management / Logistics
/Warehousing /Excise with a reputed organisation.
A seasoned professional with nearly 10 years of rich experience in Stores Management, Materials
Management, Logistics, Warehouse, Purchase, Excise and Co-Ordination between
Management and Customer’s as well comp. management along with MHE procurement +
Strategist and implementer with proficiency in heading multiple units & account’s, devising
strategies to aid smooth running of commercial & business operations, achievement of objectives, and
Skilled in identifying and implementing measures for controlling inventory & achieving cost
Good experience in project planning & administering resources, contract management,
warehouse administration and coordinating outbound/inbound logistics for meeting sales &
Capability of preparing daily schedule for routine operation. With effective output’s on weekly
Good knowledge for management of Temperature controlled warehouse with maintenance.
Deft in reviewing existing purchase/ vendor management activities and MHE maintenance and
preparing account wise cost saving tracker.
KRA & Appraisal Performing Care. Arranging Training where as required, Agenda & MOM
preparation for Effective operation.
Management Representative & Certified Internal Quality Auditor for ISO & BASF audit & MHE
PERIOD DESIGNATION PROFILE COMPANY
Dec’14 - Today Sr. Executive-Operation Assistant-SCM
June’11 – Aug’14
6 MNC excisable accounts
Total Logistics India Pvt.
Aprl’09 – May’11
Weston Regional Manager
DTH After Sales Service &
AirTel (Bharati Telemedia),
Feb’08 – March’09 Logistics Manager (CDO) Personal Service Group
HP Invent India LTD.
Mumbai & Maharashtra.
Jully’07 – Feb’08 Store Manager IT Security Devices mfg.
2004 – Aprl’07
Service Spare Store
Godrej & Boyce mfg.
comp. Shirwal, Pune,
2. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Store & Material Management
Setting up internal warehouses to store necessary production items in order to meet Production & Project demands.
Maintaining a strong communication chain between the different divisions in order to receive inquiries about status of
materials, requisition, dispatch information and delivery status.
Managing the schedules to procure raw material and other critical items to have optimum stocks and required to meet
production, project & operational targets.
Maintaining the freight and other expenses involved in all type of transport at the lower level through freight
consolidation, and choosing appropriate shipping method and payment methods.
Ensuring smooth distribution of material right from sourcing from vendor, storage at warehouse, disbursal to the
production team, project team, operational team and movement to the destination.
Designing various reports like DSR, DPR, Flash Board, LtatF, WMS Report’s, MHE service Reports, Ageing Analysis to
top management & Customer’s.
Effectively apply & maintain TAT for each activity & operation.
Managing inventory effectively to maintain sufficient stock levels, ensuring all customer requirements are met.
Working towards maintaining optimum inventory levels in the warehouse in order to cut down on wastage and pilferage of
Undertaking stock valuation, Auditing, and Reconciliation for better inventory management.
Ensuring timely and accurate receipts/ issuance management to facilitate smooth plant operations.
Maintain FIFO & LIFO as per product in storage.
Closely monitoring for perpetual inventory.
Managing the Reworking neatly for damage material.
Approval & Disposal of scrap, non-moving & unused material laying in warehouse.
Timeline closure for incidence & forwarded call.
Streamlining warehouse attachments with SOP & MIS.
Formulating and implementing the Monthly strategies for purchase of materials.
Looking into the scheduling and rescheduling of supplies & Vendors & customers.
Undertaking fund planning for procuring and sourcing of materials. Ensuring optimum utilisation of materials and working
towards achieving maximum cost savings.
Managing the overall procurement of raw material, critical items and spares & consumables for smooth operation of plant
to meet production volumes.
Ensuring prompt receipt accounting & maintaining minimum stock level.
Important involvement for purchasing MHE & Hiring MHE & other machinery.
Setting up a reliable and efficient global vendor base after qualifying them on pre-defined parameters.
Entering into negotiations with vendors and finalising to procure various items/ raw materials (as per critical engineering
requisition) at reasonable rates. Ensuring vendors comply with delivery, quality and supply norms as agreed upon.
Providing requisite support to them to reduce the delivery time of material. Regularly reviewing vendor performance to
renew or cancel contracts.
Preparing Debit Notes against loss with clear & neat Data.
Appointing area wise Egg. Or Monitor to run fluent operation.
Problem solving & communication with guideline.
Logistics Operations/ Strategic Planning
Initiating improvements in the shipping procedures. Taking requisite measures to curtail losses/ damage to fragile items
Managing and controlling logistics budget and expenses, as well as demand planning.
Coordinating complete domestic and logistics network to minimise working capital costs through reduced lead times,
operating costs through lower freights, correct choice of transport service provider.
Ensuring 100% compliance with all statutory issues, minimising show cause notices and non-conformances.
Preparing Schedule for Pipeline inbounds.
Logistic Failure on time resolution.
Excise & Duties
• Knowledge of Excise classification with calculation & Filing Excise return.
• Having skill of monitoring Excise figures in ERP,WMS & Manual in computer.
• Keeping the manual written records in RG23D resisters for excisable accounts.
• Moving clear operation with fulfilment of excise invoice cancellation.
• Preparation for Excise audit & Rules.
3. MHE Management & Maintenance.
• Utilising the appropriate MHE with account material & monitoring with correct guideline.
• Doing scheduled Service & maintenance of it co-ordinating with Tops.
• Promote & Meet vendor of MHE with schedule for effective output.
• Carrying out routine operation using with maximum MHE utilisation.
• Good knowledge of Electrical, Electronic,& Raw spares required for MHE
• Planning of Cost saving against project cost & Making strategic planning.
• Distributing agenda of project with non performing area & costing & required manpower with tops
• Furnish the project with effective output with utilising appropriate manpower.
• Preparing formats for project reporting to report progress of projects with central source.
• Sharing order planes in advance with TSP for punctual operation.
• Prepare TAT for them against the location & classified load.
• Keeping monthly Meeting With TSP, in all together with previous performance & coming target.
• Processing & monitoring billing for TSP with reference of serviced data.
• 100% Replenishment order compliance with Godrej & Boyce mfg. comp. Shirwal.
• 96% Performance in Targeted order closure, continue three months with Godrej & Boyce mfg. comp. Pune.
• 99% Project achievement in CHINDIA Project with HP Invent Ind. ltd. Maharashtra
• 100% Project achievement in OTA Project with AirTel Bharati Tele media. Pune.
B.A. (English Lit.) Shivaji University 2000
VDA (Electronics) Mumbai University 2001
MBA (Material Management) KSBM Appearing
CCIT (IT Course) Mumbai Board 1999
• Good Command on ERP like-BAAN, SAP, Scala, Tally ERP,WMS.
• Expertise in Windows applications like Excel & Power Point etc.
• Good at Mailing & handling escalation matrix.
Date of Birth : 05th
Permanent Address : “KRUSHI SADAN”, Pachiwada, A/p- Ozarde, Taluka- Wai, District Satara – 415529,
C/o Address : C/o- Narayan Salvi,1702,&th Floor, Narmada Kunj, Sangharsha
Nagar, Mhada Colony, Chandiwali, Andheri East, Mumbai.
References : 1. Vshwajit Deshmukh-9922010179 (Director-Hindustan Sugar),
2.Cyrus J.Patwa-9819628175 (Distribution Manager-Godrej & Boyce Appliance division),
3.Vinod Bhat-9999769674 (Asia Pacific Head, PSG Group-Hp Invent India. ltd.)