2. Problem Statement
Imagine you are a new user of *Trello*. Describe your onboarding experience as you
do the following (like what Brijesh did towards the end of his session):
Step A: Identify 3 different keywords to search on Google that pertain to 3 different use
cases of Trello
Step B: Search using each of those keywords on Google and look at search results that are
about Trello. Describe what is good/bad about those results.
Step C: Now, click on the links in the google search results and go to the website/app.
Describe each step of yours from the moment you clicked link till you achieve that for which you
the initially searched. What was good/bad about each of those steps?
Step D: Finally, can you think of ways to further improve the onboarding experience?
Trello is a web-based project management tool that helps teams organize and track
their work. It is a visual tool that uses boards, lists, and cards to organize tasks. Trello
is easy to use and can be customized to fit the needs of any team.
Key Feature of Trello
• Boards are used to organize projects, campaigns, or any other group of tasks.
• Lists are used to track different stages of a project, such as "To Do," "In Progress,"
• Cards are used to represent individual tasks. They can store information about the
task, such as the due date, assigned team members, and notes.
• Card attachments can be attached with files, images, and links.
• Comments can be used to collaborate with team members.
• Due dates can be assigned to track progress.
• Notifications can be sent to team members when cards are created, updated, or
• Power-ups can be added to boards to extend their functionality.
5. Step A
•Keyword 1: Trello for project management
•Keyword 2: Trello for team collaboration
•Keyword 3: Trello for personal productivity
6. Step B
“Search Results of the Keywords”
Keyword for Project worked really well
and the first link took me exactly where I
wanted it to be.
Keyword for team collaboration was a bit
random, As it took me to project
management after clicking
Keyword for personal productivity
worked exactly as intended and took me
to the relevant landing page
7. Step C
• Keyword 1: I clicked on the first link in the search results, which was for Trello's website. The website was very
easy to navigate, and I was able to quickly find the information I was looking for. I read about the different
features of Trello for project management, and I was impressed by the flexibility and customization options. I
decided to sign up for a free trial, and I was able to create a new board and start adding tasks and
collaborators within minutes.
• Keyword 2: I clicked on the second link in the search results, which was for a blog post about how to use Trello
for team collaboration. The blog post was well-written and informative, and it gave me some great ideas for
how to use Trello to improve team collaboration. I also found a few helpful tips on how to set up Trello boards
and organize tasks.
• Keyword 3: I clicked on the third link in the search results, which was for a video tutorial about how to use
Trello for personal productivity. The video tutorial was clear and concise, and it showed me how to use Trello
to track my goals, manage my time, and stay organized. I was particularly impressed by the ability to create
custom fields and add checklists to tasks.
8. Step D
Ways to further improve the onboarding experience
• Trello could improve the onboarding experience by providing more detailed
information about the different features and benefits of Trello for each use
case. For example, Trello could create more in-depth blog posts and video
tutorials that explain how to use Trello for project management, team
collaboration, and personal productivity.
• Trello could also improve the onboarding experience by making it easier for
users to sign up for a free trial. The current sign-up process is a bit clunky,
and it can be difficult to find the link to the free trial.
• Finally, Trello could improve the onboarding experience by providing more
support for new users. For example, Trello could create a forum or chat room
where new users can ask questions and get help from other Trello users.