LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Simple steps to help conserve environmental resources and cut costs
We’re Going Green at CII.
• To minimize our environmental liabilities
• To maximize the effective use of resources and reduce waste
• To demonstrate a good corporate image and encourage
membership to do the same
• To build awareness of environmental concerns among
employees and membership
• To gain a better understanding of the environmental impacts of
• To cut costs and improve environmental performance through
more efficient operations
1. Think before you print
• Do you really need to print every email in your
inbox? Just being more conscious about how
much we print, is the first step in saving
countless sheets of paper.
• If you must print, do not print the repeat,
trailing emails in replies and forwards.
2. Draft Printing on one siders
• Use one siders for draft printing.
• On the 4th floor, we have dedicated one printer
for draft printing (for drafts, rough copies, for
approval from HODs/ VG/ CB and internal
reference) and the other for fresh printing (for
formal invites/ letterheads etc.)
3. Back-to-back printing
• Back-to-back printing is now mandatory.
• Make sure you are printing on both sides of the
paper, whether it is for rough use, or for a
• Take help from IT to understand how to feed in
paper to print back-to-back.
4. Sharing is Caring
• Yes, you can share print copies within your desk,
instead of every person printing their own copy.
Share and Care (for the environment too).
• Share stationary items too.
5. Paper Recycle Bins
• Have separate paper recycle bins or boxes for
totally used paper on every floor. Have it
collected and sent for recycling.
• Remember every ton of paper recycled will save
at least 20 trees, 7000 gallons of water, 2 barrels
of oil and a lot of electricity!
6. Remember to re-use
• Have recycle bins at the exit points of CII
events to dump used/ unused plastic
badges, plastic folders, note pads, pencils,
pens and whatever else that is distributed.
• All of it can be re- used at the next event.
7. Power OFF
• Turn OFF your computer and unplug it
before leaving office.
• Just 1 workstation – computer and monitor left on
after business hours is responsible for power plants
emitting nearly one ton of carbon dioxide per year!
8. “Sleep”, “Hibernate”
or “Stand by”
• Put your computer in “Sleep”, “Hibernate” or
“Stand by” – its power saving mode when you
go off to a quick meeting or leave for lunch.
• FYI: Screen Savers DO NOT “save” energy
9. Pull the Plug
• Unplug all appliances like the tea/ coffee maker,
hot case etc when not in use.
• Appliances that are plugged in, even if not in
use, still suck some energy.
10. See the light?
• Please turn off all lights that are not in use.
• If you are not in your room or leave your seat,
please turn off the lights.
• As you leave office for the day, remember to
turn off the lights at your seat.
11. Where’s your Mug?
• Bring your own tea / coffee mug. Personalize
your office space. ☺
• Use the cups provided in the Pantry.
• Avoid using disposable paper cups. They will be
discontinued soon anyway!
12. Drip Drip
• Inform Admin of any leaky taps in the sink/
pantry/ washroom and make sure they are fixed.
• Plenty of leaky taps in the building. Drip by drip
tons of water are wasted.
13. Go Mobile with Laptops
• Laptops are much more energy efficient than
• Consider investing in a laptop rather than a
14. Be a Green Rider:
• Colleagues living in nearby areas can coordinate
timings and carpool. Share the cost too.
• Be more conscious about sharing transport
while going to meetings together.
• Carpooling is fun and environment-friendly, will save
money and reduce traffic!
15. Weekend Tree Hugger
• Get together with CII volunteers for a weekend
tree plating drive.
• Details will follow soon.