LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
NIM 2/20/17 Event Slide Show: Digital Revolution Revenue Roadmap
How to sell the way your customers are buying now
February 20, 2017
Up to Now
Selling > marketing is broken > why?
Gap > customer reality versus company reality > roadblock to revenue
Solution > interview customers > revenue roadmap > worked
Digital Revolution > Mobile has changed everything and Google is your
Business books seem all the same to me. I buy them all the time in Audible
and I am always disappointed. Everyone has the same things to say - like I
haven't taken business 101 a million times.
I have been thinking for many years about how lost business owners are
about their customers and how they need to market to them.
The way Zhivago has laid it all out, and the writing, are brilliant. I am
addicted now and reading every second I get.
Desiree Bryant, CMO
It’s not just the
It’s not just
social and 24/7
at the speed of
Whip out your
it, get what you
How do you
move as fast
How do you
You take full
to you – and
you follow the
Wars are won with principles, not tactics.
Everything starts with the
Meet Customer Expectations
• Interview customers after they buy (book)
• Use customer behavior analysis tools: Google Trends;
Google Analytics (locations, interest, site flow); HotJar;
• See what is working for your competitors
Meet Google Expectations
• Google wants to 1) know who you are, 2) what you sell, and 3) what
makes it special. Most companies never get to #1.
• Google needs proof – and you can create it.
• Lots of work, endless optimization.
• Google is your friend – they want to give customers
what they want, and if you are what they want, they
want to give you to customers.
Meet Revenue Expectations
• What to measure
• Map out their buying process – NOT your selling
process – build new measurements based on what
• Forecast based on their buying process - decision
• Don’t guess – build it and start getting market
The Internet has become a global Conversion Platform.
• Customers – who are they, what they search for,
what they do
• Search – what they search for and how, how you rank
now, what Google needs from you, top phrases in
your market, trends, domain authority, mobile-
• PPC – keywords being used to find your type of
product, ads run by competition, which ads are
• Conversion – What is the conversion you want? Built
into every part of your site. Time on site, click-
• Competition – known versus unknown, how you
compare, strengths/weaknesses, mobile-friendly,
backlinks, best traffic sources
• Technology – speed, mobile, tools
Use the OIMAP method to manage (and move at Internet speed)
• Ownership – an owner for every project / task
• Insights – real facts, using today’s powerful tools
• Methodology – Scalable processes that work
• Actions – Do it. Do it now.
• Performance – Measure it, improve it
All the Principles
Principle #1 – Wars are won with principles, not tactics
Principle #2 – Everything starts with the customer
Principle #3 – Meet customer, Google, and revenue expectations
Principle #4 – The Internet has become a global Conversion Platform
Principle #5 – Move fast, take less risk, and get things done
Principle #6 – Collaboration, not isolation
Principle #7 – Use the OIMAP method to manage
Principle #8 – Start with your strengths, and build on them
Principle #9 – Improve your situation every day. Don’t wait for the “big solution”
Principle #10 – Use the right tool for the job
Principle #11 – Invest in people before technology
Move fast, take less risk, and get things done.