ABOUT THE FUTURE
The Future Foundation School is founded on the principles and inspired by the light of Sri
Aurobindo and The Mother. Guided by Shri Pradyot Kumar Bhattacharya (1905-1984),
iconic engineer and trustee of Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry, Smt. Joya Mitter 1936-
1999), a devotee and cultural aficionado, founded the school in 1981 and modelled it in the
style of the Gurukul of ancient times. After her demise in 1999, Shri Ranjan Mitter took
charge as Principal and over the past two decades, has transformed the school into a
contemporary, future-ready institution. It is an organic extension of a pre-school, Arun
Nursery, which was named and blessed by the Mother. Shri Arun Tagore, a reputed lawyer
belonging to the famous Tagore family lineage, founded the pre-school, seeking
permission of The Mother to do so, who named the school ‘Arun Nursery’, much to his
embarrassment. Thus, on September 04, 1972 the pre-school began its journey and from
these origins grew The Future Foundation School.
The Future Foundation School is a co-educational school and is an initiative of Sri
Aurobindo Institute of Culture. The medium of instruction is English.
The school is affiliated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations, New
Delhi. Children are prepared for the ICSE and ISC examinations.
The Future Foundation School provides its K 12 students a future focussed and culturally
rooted education. From a modest beginning the school has now grown into a premier
educational institution in South Kolkata.
• ‘The education of a human being should begin at birth and continue throughout his life.’
• Education to be complete must have five principal aspects corresponding to the five
• principal activities of the human being: the physical, the vital, the mental, the psychic and
• the spiritual. Usually, these phases of education follow chronologically the growth of the
• individual: this however does not mean that one of them should replace another, but that
• all must continue, completing one another until the end of his life.’
• –The Mother (On Education)
• From the time of inception, The Future Foundation School has attempted a holistic development in
its students by providing a caring environment, nurturing and blossoming the different dimensions
of the human personality. Instead of focussing only on academics and marks, the aim of the school
has been to impart education based on the Principles of Education as envisaged by The Mother and
Sri Aurobindo who believed that the true
• purpose of education is to prepare the individual to serve his or her nation and humanity.
• The school believes that value education, co-scholastic activities and physical education are no less
important than academic pursuits. Parents are expected to subscribe to this line of thought while
admitting their wards to school.
To evolve and realise a system of integral
education and make it a dynamic ideal for
• To provide holistic education to students in a
conducive growth oriented environment
through Life Centred Teaching and Learning,
Physical Education, Co Scholastic Activities and
Values based Education to help them become
resilient, emotionally stable and socially
WHY TFFS ?
• TFFS is first in the city and among the first 50 nationally, to be accredited to
the.National Accreditation Board for Education & Training (NABET), a
constituent of the Quality Council of India, as a ‘School of Excellence’.
• First school in India to get the coveted LabelFrancÉducation accreditation, in
recognition of its bilingual system of teaching, by the Ministry of Europe & Foreign
Affairs, Government of France.
• TFFS has been consistently ranked as No. 2 as the Best Co-Ed School in Kolkata and
West Bengal by Education World.
• It is one of the first schools to attempt a hybrid model which allows students to
follow the national policy on education, yet allow the realisation of Sri Aurobindo’s
philosophy of education to the extent possible.
• The school has a Multi Language Policy.
• TFFS thus endeavours to provide an environment of meaningful education. Hence,
for those who aspire for India to be at the centre stage of the 21st century, this is a
model of education worth studying.
• TFFS is unique, for it, even while remaining on the mainstream of school education, has been able to carve
out a special niche for itself among the schools in Kolkata and West Bengal.
Our Unique Features:
• Spiritual ambience
• Quality Time Classes
• Life Skills Classes
• Excursions, field trips driven by the curriculum
• Exposure to national, international universities/institutes and various career choices
• Option to join the oldest French school in Asia and pursue IB
• Exchange programmes with French schools
• Cultural ambience and exposure to artistic programmes
• Art appreciation workshops through in-house art gallery exhibitions
• Vital Education – Music/Film Appreciation, workshops on Anger Management,
• Stress Management, Time Management, Self Doubt, Fear, Adolescence,
• Courage, etc.
• Multi language options
• LMS (Learning management System)
• Ideals and Progress Classes
ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY &CRITERIA
• Admission Eligibility & Criteria
• Information for admission is given on the website and the school notice board.
• To be eligible for admission to Class I, a candidate should complete 6 years of age
but not attain the age of 7 years on March 31 of the year in which admission is
• Admission to Classes II to IX is strictly against vacancy.
• Admission to Class XI (for internal as well as external students) shall be at the
discretion of the school authorities based on the (i) academic performance in Class
IX (ii) academic performance in Class X : Half Yearly examinations, internal
assessments, class work, homework (iii) timely submission of Projects/ Practical
• All students of Class X who pass ICSE from The Future Foundation School are
ordinarily offered admission to Class XI, unless there has been any serious
disciplinary issue concerning the student. Students who seek admission are
counselled and offered an appropriate stream depending on their interest and
aptitude, as observed by the school authorities.
HOW TO REACH OR CONNECT ?
3, Regent Park
Pincode – 700040
Ranikuthi Telephone Exchange
Nearby Bus-stop: Netaji Nagar on N.S.C. Bose Road
Master-da Surya Sen Metro Station
(033) 24116262 /6265 (8:20am to 4pm)
8697132140, 8336069408 (10am to 4pm)
8336069406, 8017399066 (10am to 4pm
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.