16. Treatment for male
• Treatment of Azoospermia?
• In obstructive Azoospermia surgery can often fix the blocked tubes in the
reproductive tract safely and effectively restoring the flow of the sperms.
• Non-obstructive Azoospermia is either intrinsic testicular impairment or
inadequate gonadotropin production. Testicular extraction of the sperms
under the operating microscope is the first line treatment.
• Hormone treatment depends on their existing hormonal levels, coaxing sperm
back to their semen or increasing the probability of find sperm during
extraction. These hormone include FSH (follicle stimulating hormone),
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), Clomiphene etc.
• Varicocelectomy, means enlarged and widened veins on the scrotum that can
impede sperm production. Upto 40 % of men see sperm return to their semen
with this procedure.