LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization's Low Carbon Transport Project hosted a workshop seminar on sustainable transport and mobility for cities in Durban on the 30th of March 2017. This workshop was presented with the aim of highlighting the benefits of using electrified mobility powered by renewable energy. The objectives of the workshop included: Enlightening members of the sustainable transport fraternity in South Africa; sharing the current policy developments for sustainable transport use and operations; discussing the environmental benefits of including electric vehicles in South Africa’s transportation modal mix; offering insights to the various types of transport modes available and those suitable for city commuting and public services; proposing methods to include green vehicles into local government fleets; discussing the possibilities of converting a fleet to electric drive vehicles through other initiatives; demonstrating macroeconomic factors to better understand how the introduction of electrified transport modes could add value to the economy of the city and South Africa at large.
80% of all urban vehicle trips are shorter than 4km’s.
Access to urban areas are becoming limited to fuel-burning and large vehicles,
with full-on bans expected within 10 years.
The demand for home-delivery has grown exponentially, delivery has not
23% of all carbon emissions are from urban transport.
• Three-wheel Rickshaw's make 229 million taxi passenger trips per day in India.
• “Small personal vehicles running on clean energy would be the key.”
• “The Future of Electric Vehicles Is Golf Carts, Not Tesla”
Harvard Business Review
• Lower operating cost per kilometre.
• Significantly less maintenance costs and downtime.
• Added revenue streams in branding
• Possible special lane usage
• Higher operating efficiency
• Better geographical area penetration (closed areas, pedestrian zones)
• Modular adaptability
• Co-operation agreement with Uber, both in South Africa and internationally.
• Both on passenger and Uber Eats.
• We retain ownership, earn commission on fares and deliveries.
• Confirmed projects with Uber in South Africa, India and Sweden.
Superb branding opportunities Modular and Bespoke cargo bin
• E-commerce and the demand for home-delivery has grown
exponentially in recent years, an integral part of the process,
delivery, has not evolved.
• 26 % Annual Global E-commerce growth rate in 2016.
• 28 % of Transportation costs incur at the last mile.
• Large trucks are difficult to navigate on narrow streets, parking
them is almost impossible.
• The constant stop/start cycle dramatically shortens the life of
critical components, like the starter motor.
• Major cities around the world are beginning to charge
congestion taxes and limiting access to city centres.
Urban Delivery is at a Crossroads
16 Delivery vehicles, 17 Yellow taxis
Corporate and Academic Support
• E.ON (Complete Charging Solutions)
• Intel (on-board computer, telematics, development)
• Stellenbosch University (development of complete drive system)
• Ansys (product development simulation tools)
• Technical University Denmark (low-speed EV lab)
• uYilo e-Mobility Technology Innovation Programme (development co-funding)
True Internet of Things Connectivity.
• Secure in-vehicle payments
• The IoT allows objects to be sensed and/or controlled remotely across
existing network infrastructure
• Improved efficiency, accuracy and financial benefit.
• Data streams from an array of vehicle buses
• Securely aggregate, filter, and analyse data in the vehicle
• Trend data to drivers, fleet managers, insurance companies etc.
Confirmed Operating Agreements:
• Uber (South Africa and International)
• Bubblepost (Belgium)
• Happymoov (France)
• City of Antwerpen (Belgium)
• DHL (South Africa)
Mellowcab pilot of 40-50 vehicles
Pilot Summer 2018 in Stockholm
Both on Passenger and cargo delivery
We retain ownership, earn commission on fares and deliveries
DHL South Africa
Pilot Q2 2017 in Cape Town
Last mile cargo delivery
Two shifts per day, 40-50 km range per shift. Hour re-pack time
Uber has enormous volume in India, and is growing exponentially
350 000 vehicles, 1,6 Billion USD in funding
Mellowcab pilot of 150 vehicles
Pilot third-quarter 2017
Demand for 1000 units/per annum -willing to commit
5-Year lease agreement system with drivers
Advertising handled by the biggest agency in India
Official transport partner, COP21 in Paris
18 cities in France
Over 300 vehicles currently
Replace fleet with Mellowcabs
Paid pilot project signed for Lille and Paris
Active in over 20 cities in Belgium and Netherlands
Delivers over 4000 packages per day
Lease agreement on cargo delivery vehicles signed
We retain ownership, earn lease and advertising income
Signed agreement, to implement 10 vehicles, scaling up gradually
Subsidised by Antwerpen
Advertising agreements have been established
International Awards Received
• Winner of the International Smart Cities category of the Challenge Cup,
supported by the US Chamber of Commerce (Washington DC)
• Winner of the World Wildlife Fund’s Climate Solver Competition
• Finalist in the African Innovation Award
• Winner of the African Entrepreneurship Award
• Winner of the U-Start Africa competition
• Winner of Johannesburg Green City Start-up
• Top 3 finalist in the Global Innovation Challenge
• Forbes Magazine: 7 most Innovative companies in Africa
• Neil du Preez B.Sc Env Management-
• Ernie Aylward B.Eng Mechanical
Engineering- Engineering lead
• Bartho Horn -M.Sc. Mechatronic Eng.–
Battery Pack & BMS
• Benoit de Backer- Masters in Applied
• Abongile Mzileni –Electrical Technician
• Heinrich Raats - M.Sc. Mechatronic
• Sonja Brits- M.Sc. Mechatronic Eng.
• Dana Pretorius - Chartered accountant
• Ideso / Marc Ruwiel (design lead)
• Cinevation / Karen Bailey (advertising)
• Road-testing of prototypes now
• Final pre-production
• Pilot fleet of 40 to be launched in SA Q2, 2017