TỔNG HỢP 463 TỪ ĐỒNG NGHĨA TỪ SÁCH CAMBRIDGE IELTS (1).pdf
TỔNG HỢP 463 TỪ ĐỒNG NGHĨA TỪ SÁCH CAMBRIDGE IELTS
2.ignore=pay no attention=not pay any attention=take no notice=not take any notice
5.surprised=amazed=astonished=astounded=be taken aback=startled adj.
7.investigate=make inquiries=enquiries=go into=probe=look into
9.easy to reach=accessible
12. newspapers, television=media
13. where to live=habitat
14. get warmer=global warming
15. contribute to=play a part
16. survive=continuing existence
17. mistaken view=misconception
18. link to=be connected with=be linked with
20. poor=bad=badly=not very good=no good at something=weak
24. good vision ability=vision is obviously more useful..
25. best=well=greatest=finest=ideal=top=number one
30. blind=can not see
31. reluctant=unwilling=not willing=drag your feet=be loath to do
33. teach=educate=train=coach=instruct=bring up
34. therapist=someone who has been trained to give a particular form of treatment
for physical or mental illness
35. long-term=chronic=long-running= long standing = lasting = lifelong =
36. beneficial=be good for you/ do somebody
37. defensive=used or intended to protect someone or something against attack
39. fail=failure=not succeed = unsuccessful = vain = fruitless = unproductive =be a
failure=go wrong=not work=do no good=fall through
40. assist=help=aid=with the aid of
42. inevitable=certain to happen and impossible to avoid
43. differ from=unusual
44. initiative=on your own/by yourself=independently=on your own initiative=under
your own steam=to be the person who starts something=plan=law
45. consult=ask somebody's advice=seek advice=get/obtain advice
47. more than one language=bilingual=sb's second language
48. retrain=taking courses
51. complaint=complain=make a complaint=protest=object=complain
54. young people=teenager=youth=in your teens=adolescent=minor
56. physical=relating to the body=bodily
58. accompany=with=together=along with=come
59. mental=relating to the health or state of someone's mind
60. possible=possibility=can=potential=there is a chance/possibility
63. increase=go up=rise=grow=climb=gain=escalate=pick up=widen=be on the
64. peer=your peers are the people who are the same age as you, or who have the
same type of job, social class
65. community=all the people in a particular area, city, country
67. endanger=to put someone or something in danger of being
68. specific=give (somebody) more details=expand on=enlarge on=go into
more=greater detail=be more specific=be more explicit=elaborate
69. substance=a particular type of solid, liquid, or gas
71. engage=give somebody a job=employ=take on= appoint = recruit = sign up
73. survival=the state of continuing to live or exist
74. unpredictable=can't say/tell=unforeseeable=it remains to be seen
75. objective=impartial=neutral=not take sides=unbiased=disinterested
76. explain=tell=say what/why/where etc=show=demonstrate=go
through=throw/shed light on=set out
77. outline= to describe something in a general way, giving the main points but not
78. self-conscious=worried and embarrassed about what you look like or what other
people think of you
79. encourage=persuade=persuasion=get somebody to do
something=influence=encourage=talk somebody into=put somebody up to
80. loan= an amount of money that you borrow from a bank etc.
81. comment=remark=thing to say=point=statement=
82. crime= illegal activities in general
83. reject=to refuse to accept, believe in, or agree with something
84. employ=give somebody a job=take on=engage= appoint=recruit=sign up
85. courier=a person or company that is paid to take packages somewhere
86. storage=keep=store=keep something in storage=preserve
87. facility=rooms, equipment, or services that are provided for a particular purpose
88. ambitious=ambition=power-hungry/power-mad=competitive=determined to be
successful, rich, powerful etc.
89. effort=to try very hard to do something= attempt=campaign=drive
90. feature= a part of something that you notice because it seems important,
interesting, or typical;a part of the land, especially a part that you can see: a part of
someone's face, such as their eyes, nose etc
91. planet= the world=earth/Earth=the globe .
92. quotation= a sentence or phrase from a book, speech etc which you repeat in a
speech or piece of writing because it is interesting or amusing
93. machinery=machines, especially large ones= a system or set of processes for
94. ultimate=someone's ultimate aim is their main and most important aim, that they
hope to achieve in the future= final,
95. atmosphere= the feeling that an event or place gives you= the mixture of gases
that surrounds the Earth;
96. occur=happen=take place=there is=come about=come up=turn up=arise=strike
97. expand= get bigger=grow=swell up=stretch,
98. form= type= way something is/appears=shape
99. emerge=appear=become visible=come into view/come into sight=come
100. emit= to send out gas, heat, light, sound etc .
101. situation= circumstances=position=case=plight
102. purpose=aim=point=idea=objective=object=goal= target=end
103. generate= to make someone have a particular feeling=form=produce=create
104. various=there are several different types of that thing=different=a variety of
something=differing=varying=an assortment of something=assorted=a mix of
something=a mixture of something
105. convenient= a thing or way of doing something that is easy and quick; a time or
arrangement that is convenient
106. exemplify= example=case=instance=to be a very typical example of
something=to give an example of something
107. enquiry=investigate=make inquiries/enquiries=go into=probe=look
into=solve=be under investigation
108. observe=notice=can see/can tell=see=spot=detect=note become
aware/conscious=catch somebody's eye=perceive
109. poverty= being poor
110. include=consist of=comprise=be composed of= be made up of,
111. focus on=deals only with=concentrate
112. affect=have an effect=have an impact=take effect= make a difference=impact
113. gained from=come from=be based on=originate= go back to=have its origins
in=have its roots in=derive from/be derived from=develop from/evolve from ....
114. concern=worry=stress=anxiety=strain= a feeling of worry about something
115. official=formal=authorized=on (the) record
116. athletic=physically strong and good at sport=fit=be in shape=be in good
118. intensive=involving a lot of activity, effort, or careful attention in a short
119. period of time=rapid=crash course
120. burst=a short sudden effort or increase in activity=burst of
121. recognize=know=identify=pick out=tell
122. inadequate=not enough=too little=few=scarce=insufficient=be in short
supply=lack of something=be short
123. develop=come from=be based on=originate=go back to=have its origins in=have
its roots in=derive from=be derived from=be founded on=grow out of=develop
124. enable=make something possible=allow=permit=pave the way for=clear the way
125. predict=anticipate=forecast=foretell=prediction=projected=guess in advance
126. specialist=someone who knows a lot about a particular subject, or is very skilled
127. theoretical=relating to the study of ideas, especially scientific ideas, rather than
with practical uses of the ideas or practical experience
128. basic= fundamental=essential=central=underlying= simple=crude
129. nature=plants/animals etc=somebody's character=qualities of something=type
131. translate=change languages=interpret=put something into
132. ancient=belonging to a time long ago in history, especially thousands of years
133. realistic=when pictures, films etc make things seem real=lifelike=realism=true to
135. document=a piece of paper that has official information on it;a piece of written
work that is stored on a computer
136. equal=the same in number, amount, level etc as something else adj.
137. influence=effect=side effect=impact=what something does to=the implications
138. behavior=manner=conduct=behave=well-behaved=good=be on your best=stay
out of trouble
139. compare=to examine or judge two or more things in order to show how they are
similar to or different from each other=liken=make a comparison=draw an
analogy=draw a parallel=contrast
140. economically=in a way that is related to systems of money, trade, or business
141. establish=determine=identify=pinpoint=diagnose=to start a new business or
142. sustainable=able to continue without causing damage to the environment; able to
continue for a long time
143. realize=know=be/become aware=can tell=appreciate=be conscious=know
perfectly well=know/learn from experience
144. limit=restrict=set/impose/put a limit=keep to/keep within=confine=fix
146. guarantee=promise=assure=give somebody your word=swear=vow=commit
147. liberty=freedom=a free hand
149. consistent=always behaving in the same way or having the same attitudes,
standards etc - usually used to show approval
150. underestimate=to think or guess that something is smaller, cheaper, easier etc
than it really is=to think that someone is not as good, clever, or skilful, as they really
151. provision=when you provide something that someone needs now or in the future
152. produce=develop=manufacture v.
153. central=middle adj.
154. did not have=without v.
155. bring=confer=award=present=grant=confer=allocate=offer v.
156. time limit=deadline n.
157. increase=go up/rise=grow=climb=gain=escalate=expand=pick
158. assistant=helper=coach n.
159. immense = big = major = considerable = great = huge/enormous = tremendous =
large scale/large-scale adj.
160. illustrate=show=be a sign=demonstrate=mean=make clear = reflect = tell=be
161. quotation=a phrase or sentence that is well-known or often used n.
162. predecessor=someone who had your job before you started doing it, n.
163. rival=a person, group, or organization that you compete with in sport, business, a
fight etc=competitor, n.
164. distraction=something that stops you paying attention to what you are doing n.
165. fault=defect=problem=trouble=flaw=weakness =bug=virus=be something wrong
166. cornerstone=basis=foundation=the key n.
167. confer=award=present=grant=allocate v.
168. stability=the condition of being steady and not changing n.
169. prevail=win=come out on top=prevail=carry the day, v.
170. contract=agreement=understanding=compromise n.
171. grant=award=present=confer=allocate v.
172. fascinate=if someone or something fascinates you, you are attracted to them and
think they are extremely interesting, v.
173. disturb=interrupt=bother=distract=put somebody off v.
174. expect=think=anticipate, v.
175. psychology=the study of the mind and how it influences people's behavior n.
176. obey=comply with=abide by=keep to=stick to the rules=conform
to=observe=respect=toe the line=go by the book/do something by the book, v.
177. identity=someone's identity is their name or who they are n.
178. severity=used of the degree of something undesirable n.
179. unfold=open=happen=develop=expand, v.
180. deliberately=intentionally=on purpose=purposely adv
181. moral=relating to the principles of what is right and wrong behavior, and with the
difference between good and evil, adj.
182. prior to=before=previous
183. repetition=doing or saying the same thing many times n.
184. genetic=relating to genes or genetics, adj.
185. sacrifice=when you decide not to have something valuable, in order to get
something that is more important v.
186. victim=someone who has been attacked, robbed, or murdered n.
187. forge=form=counterfeit v.
188. persuade=convince=win over=talk around
189. surrender=give in, v.
190. extinct=an extinct type of animal or plant does not exist
191. abundant=plenty=ample, adj.
192. exaggerate=overstate v.
193. phenomenon=something that happens or exists in society, science, or nature,
especially something that is studied because it is difficult to understand n.
194. perception=idea=notion=view=belief=insight n.
195. impression=infection=effect=influence=affection n.
196. entitle=to give someone the official right to do or have something / v
197. distortion=a change for the worse=deformation v.
198. dispose=to arrange things or put them in their
places=arrange=settle=manage=cope with=deal with v.
199. intuition=the ability to understand or know something because of a feeling rather
than by considering the facts=instinct n.
200. emission=a gas or other substance that is sent into the air, n.
201. diminish=reduce=decrease=fall=lessen=cut, v.
202. postpone=put back=delay=adjourn, v.
203. crucial=important=critical=vital=necessary=essential adj.
204. pessimistic=expecting that bad things will happen in the future or that something
will have a bad result=getting worse adj.
206. similar=like=resemble adj.
207. derive=originate=come from=stem from v.
208. impetus = momentum =stimulus= incentive =motivation = encouragement, n.
209. generate=produce=bring into existence=make=manufacture v.
210. couple with=and=accompany=with v.
211. factor=reason=element=component=ingredient n.
212. unique=have the distinction=distinct=different=extraordinary=special adj.
213. advance=progress=development=growth=increase n.
214. field=domain=territory=industry=sector n.
215. alternative=substitute=replacement n.
216. like=such as=for example=for instance
217. resource=material=source, n.
218. limited=restricted=exhaustible=finite adj.
219. involve=rely on=contain=comprise, v.
220. current=modern=recent=present adj.
221. particular=extraordinary=special=detail=specific=unique, adj.
222. draw on=absorb=do with v.
223. settle on=make choice of=decide on v.
224. superiority=advantage=edge=high quality n.
225. accompany=when=keep company=be associated with, v.
226. view=belief=opinion=insight=perception n.
227. artificial intelligence=reasoning in machine n.
228. involve with=associate with=link to=relate to ... v.
229. release=issue=launch=convey=public=deliver v.
230. difficult=demanding=hard=tough adj.
231. task=job=work=labour, n.
232. instantly=rapidly=immediately adv.
233. react=respond v.
234. relate to=depend on=link to=associate with=involve with... v.
235. subject views=outlook=personal/individual views=personal/individual opinions
236. distort=to change the appearance, sound, or shape of something so that it is
strange or unclear; to report something in a way that is not completely true or
237. figure out=settle=decide=tell=understand v.
238. assessment=appraisal=evaluation=estimate=judgment, v.
239. emerge=appear=come forth v.
240. remain=keep=stay=maintain v.
241. exploitation=development=utilization=usage, n.
242. foster=cultivate=raise=nurture, v.
243. overtake=catch up=sweep over, v.
244. initial=original=premier, adj.
245. whereas=however=while=nevertheless=but=yet, adv.
247. outcome=product=result=conclusion=consequence, n.
248. overcome=win=get over=exceed, v.
249. insufficient=deficient=shortage=lack=scarcity adj.
250. supply=provide=furnish=give v.
251. launch=release=project=send=shot=emit, v.
252. suppose=expect=imagine=guess=speculate=think, v.
253. detect=perceive=explore=sense, v.
254. handicap=difficult=obstacle=hindrance=bar=deterrent, n.
255. peer=the people who are at the same age as you, or who have the same type of
job, social class etc., n.
256. positive=optimistic=uplifting adj.
257. administer=manage=conduct=implement=perform, v.
258. funding=money=funds=financial resource, n.
259. interact=if people interact with each other, they talk to each other, work together
260. irrigation=the supplement of land or crops with water n.
261. sedimentation=the natural process by which small pieces of rock, earth etc settle
at the bottom of the sea etc and form a solid layer n.
262. interrupt=break=violate=cut in, v.
263. process=procedure=method=approach n.
264. threat=danger=intimidation n.
265. valuable=precious=worthy, adj.
266. construct=build=make=found v.
267. blame=to say or think that someone or something is responsible for something
268. stimulate=encourage=activate=motivate, v.
269. long-term=long-run=long-period adj.
270. impact=affect=influence=effect v.&n.
271. occur=happen=exist=come v.
272. contain=include=cover=possess v.
273. military=battlefield=martial adj.
274. separate=disparate=distinct=different, adj.
275. vanish=extinct=disappear v.
276. consciousness=awareness n.
277. ignite=light=inflame v.
278. encompass=include=contain=cover, v.
279. reckon=think=suppose=believe=imagine=expect=feel v.
280. widespread=universal=extensive=popular=general, adj.
281. launch=coin=project=release=issue, v.
282. contemporary=modern-day, present-day adj.
283. potential=possible=underlying=likely=expected=latent, adj.
284. prospect=expectation=outlook=chance, n.
285. perception=idea=insight=viewpoint, n
286. community=organization=group=body n.
287. fragile=delicate adj.
288. remote=distant adj.
289. require=desire=order=command v.
290. inhabitant=resident=dweller, n.
291. consequently=thus=accordingly=hence=therefore=as a result, adv.
292. destination=goal=end point=terminus n.
293. throughout=around=wholly=everywhere=end-to-end adv.
294. operate=act=run v.
295. output=product n.
296. decline=reduction=fall=slump=decrease=recession n.
297. undermine=destroy=damage=hurt=ruin v.
298. revive=renaissance v.
299. unusual=rare=strange=uncommon, adj.
300. ordinary=standard=common=usual=general, adj.
301. fragment=shard=debris=pieces=ruins n.
302. break=shatter=crack, v.
303. interior=inner layer=inside n. &adj.
304. insist=claim=argue=believe=think, v.
305. expand=extend=grow=boom=spread out=enhance, v.
306. suppress=control=restrain=repress=put down = oppress = inhibit= ban= forbid =
307. speed up=increase speed=quicken up=accelerate speed v.
308. examine=analyse=survey=inspect=study=detect=investigate, v.
309. dispute=debate=controversy=disagree=argue, n.&v.
310. detect=analyse=explore=research=survey=investigate=inspect, v.
311. claim=say=state=insist=argue=think=believe v.
312. cue=implication=reminder=hint=evidence, n.
313. unpredictable=fluctuate=changeable adj.
314. be referred to as=be known as=be regarded as
315. encourage=induce=trigger=stimulate=boost=inspire, v.
316. considerable=plenty=big=major=important adj.
317. regardless of=despite of=take no notice of,
318. adequate=plenty=proper=appropriate=suitable, adj.
319. assure=make sure=guarantee=ensure=insure=secure=make certain of,
320. suitable=appropriate=proper=adequate=matching adj.
321. exchange=apply something learned in one to others=change v.
322. expertise=skill n.
323. employ=analyze=study v.
324. investigation=analysis n.
325. narrow=focus on v.
326. reproduce=copy=replicate=repeat v.
327. funded support=finance n.
328. athlete=sportsmen and women n.
329. calculate=measure v.
330. event=championship n.
331. plan=prepare=design v.
332. improve=grow=get better v.
333. trade=economy n.
334. transport=import or export=deliver v.
335. local=domestic=native=indigenous adj.
336. weakening=less=reduced=decreased adj.
337. value=worth=price=credit=use=benefit=profit n.
338. delivery=export or import n.
339. nearby nations=geographic neighbours n.
340. international=ocean=global=worldwide adj.
341. shipping=freight n.
342. cargo=freight=goods n.
343. tariff=charge=fee=tax n.
344. landscape=environment=nature=surrounding=circumstance=view n.
345. difficult=harsh=demanding=tough=challenging adj.
346. essential supplies=food and clothing=necessities n.
347. supply=provision=support n.
348. grow=increase=rise=improve=go up=boost=expand=extend v.
349. respect=credibility=weight=hour=admiration=consideration n.
350. understanding=knowledge n.
351. well-being=health n.
352. impossible=out of the question=unlikely adj.
353. catch=exploit=capture v.
354. surrounding=environment=circumstance n.
355. push to one's limits=test one's limits
356. not unmanageable=can cope with
357. present inhabitant=descendant
358. give up=abandon
361. successfully=spectacularly well=wonderfully adv.
362. people power=local pressure groups n.
363. commute=travel v.
364. higher=increasing=more adj.
365. income=wealth=salary=wage=payment n.
366. beneficial=valuable=profitable=good adj.
367. together=face to face
368. refute=not mean=rebut=deny v.
369. accommodation=live=living condition n.
370. usage=use=benefit=profit n.
371. averagely good=reasonable but not special
372. limited=minimal adj.
373. move from one to another=adopt one over another
374. show=reveal=uncover=indicate=point out=imply
375. related=associated adj.
376. suffer=be afflicted
377. research=study=investigation=survey n.
378. affect=afflict=influence=change v.
379. disease=medical complain=illness n.
380. increase=surge=rise=gain=grow=go up=add=escalate v.
381. link=correlation=connection=relationship n.
382. considerable=significant=substantial=massive=marked adj.
383. reduction=drop=concession=fall=decrease n.
384. elderly people=old people n.
385. independent=self-reliant adj.
386. regular=daily adj.
387. exercise=physical activity n.
388. challenging=difficult=tough=demanding adj.
389. decline=deteriorate=reduce=drop=decrease v.
390. lonely=emotionally isolated adj.
391. hand signal=gesture=body language n.
392. restricted=limited adj.
393. concept=abstract idea=definition n.
394. specific=particular=detailed adj.
395. early=older adj.
396. fulfill=qualify=achieve=keep=satisfy v.
397. sufficient=enough adj.
398. quantity=how many=amount n.
399. misunderstanding=confusion n.
400. prevent=resolve=forbid=stop v.
401. poor=lack of=impoverished adj.
402. newer=later=recent=present adj.
403. ancestor=early people=predecessor n.
404. teach=educate=cultivate=nature v.
405. actor=star n.
406. first=initial=early=primary adj.
407. storyline=narrative=plot n.
408. globe=world n.
410. passing of time=flow of time
415. match to=suit to
416. reward=promotion or advancement=prize=benefit n.
417. link to=make something contingent on=associate with=connect with=relate to
418. achievement=attainment=gain=success n.
420. tend to=prone to
421. feel=perceive=think=find=experience=notice=have an opinion
422. participate=be involved in=take part in=join
425. clerical worker=clerk
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.