2. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE(AI)
Artificial Intelligence(AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are
programmed to think and act like humans. These intelligent machines can be trained to perform a
variety of tasks by processing large amounts of data and using it to learn and make decisions. AI
technology has the potential to revolutionize many industries and has already been incorporated
into a large of applications, including voice recognition, language translation, and autonomous
vehicles. There are several different subfields of AI, including machine learning natural language
processing, and robotics, which focus on different aspects of building intelligent systems.
3. WHY AI IS RELEVANT AND IMPORTANT IN HEALTH
• AI has the potential to greatly improve the efficiency and effectiveness of health care delivery. Some of
the ways in which AI is being used in healthcare include:
• Medical diagnosis
• Personalized medicine
• Drug discovery and development
• Clinical decision support
• Chronic disease management
• Predictive analytics
• Population health management
4. 1.MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS:
AI algorithms can be trained to analyze medical images such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs to
identify abnormalities and make recommendations for diagnosis and treatment.
AI can be used to analyze a patient’s medical history and genetic data to provide personalized
3.DRUG DISCOVERY AND DEVELOPMENT:
AI can be used to analyze large amounts of data from chemical compounds and clinical trials
to identify potential new drugs and predict their effectiveness.
4.CLINICAL DECISION SUPPORT:
AI can be used to analyze patient data and provide doctors with real-time recommendations
5. 5.CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT:
AI can be used to monitor patients with chronic conditions and provide remainders for
medications and life style changes to help prevent complications.
AI can be used to analyze patient data, including electronic health records, to predict patient out
comes and to identify high risk individuals who may benefit from early intervention.
6.POPULATION HEALTH MANAGEMENT:
AI can be used to identify trends and patterns in population health data to inform public
health policy and to identify at risk individuals.
8. ADVANTAGES OF AI IN HEALTHCARE
• Increased efficiency and productivity
• Improved accuracy and consistency
• Enhanced decision making and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data quickly
• Potential to improve patient outcomes
9. CHALLENGES AND LIMITATIONS OF AI IN HEALTH
• Concerns about accuracy and bias in the data used to train AI systems
• Ethical and legal issues surroundings the use of AI in health care
• Need for skilled professionals to develop and maintain AI systems
• Limited access to data in some areas