4. AUDI is a Multi-national automobile company known for its
high-tech quality standard and high profit earning.
AUDI Aktiengesellschaft designs, engineers, manufactures and
distributes automobiles and motorcycles.
It oversees worldwide operations from its headquarters in
Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Germany.
Audi-branded vehicles produced in seven production facilities
The key people of the company-
Rupert Stadler, Chairman of the Board of Management
Wolfgang Egger, Head of Design
Wolfgang Dürheimer, Head of Technical Development
5. AUDI AG has been a majority owned (99.55%) subsidiary of
The company name based on the surname of the founder,
August Horch. "Horch", meaning "listen", becomes "Audi"
when translated into Latin.
The four rings of the Audi logo each represent one of four
car companies, banded together to create the company.
Audi emblem symbolises the amalgamation of Audi with
DKW, Horch and Wanderer: the first ring from the left
represents Audi, the second represents DKW, third is Horch,
and the fourth and last ring Wanderer.
Audi's slogan is Vorsprung durch Technik, meaning
"Advancement through Technology".
Audi is part of the "German Big 3" luxury automakers, along
with BMW and Mercedes-Benz, which are the three best-
selling luxury automakers in the world.
6. SOME HISTORICAL FACTS
Birth of the Company and its Name
Originally, in 1885, automobile company Wanderer was
established, later becoming a branch of Audi AG.
On 14 November 1899, August Horch (1868–1951)
established the company A. Horch & Cie. in the Ehrenfeld
district of Cologne.
First Audi automobile, the Audi Type A 10/22 hp (16 kW)
Sport-Phaeton, produced in 1910 in Zwickau.
Audi started with a 2,612 cc inline-four engine model
followed by a 3,564 cc model, as well as 4,680 cc and 5,720 cc
7. These cars were successful even in sporting events.
The first six-cylinder model, 4,655 cc appeared in 1924.
8. 4 Ps of Marketing
Product Price Place Promotion
10. Features and Designs
For Audi, efficiency is the sum of a large number of individual
measures that combine to produce one major result – the
combination of :
Immense driving pleasure
• Audi produces 100% galvanised cars to prevent corrosion
• the first mass-market vehicle to do so
• Along with other precautionary measures, the full-body zinc coating
has proved to be very effective in preventing rust.
• the manufacturer to extend its original 10-year warranty against
corrosion perforation to currently 12 years
• An all-aluminium car brought forward by Audi, and in 1994 the
launched Audi A8 introduced aluminium space frame technology
• Audi has usually engineered its more expensive cars with a
longitudinally front-mounted engine.
• this allows for the easy adoption of all-wheel drive.
Motivation: the principle of efficiency.; Goal: more power
from less fuel.
• Steadily refining innovative engine technologies, they achieve
high compression ratios, efficient combustion processes and
• That is what makes their engines what they are: very efficient
13. Full LED Front headlights
Light in the dark isn’t unusual. But daylight is.
• All-LED headlights combine cutting-edge lighting technology
with contemporary lighting design
• Audi in 2006 implemented white LED technology as daytime running
lights (DRL) in their products.
• LEDs first introduced on the Audi S6, and since then spread
throughout the entire model range.
• Audi’s recently offering- a computerized control system for its
cars, called Multi Media Interface (MMI).
• It is a rotating control knob and 'segment' buttons – designed to
control all in-car entertainment devices (radio, CD changer,
iPod, TV tuner), satellite navigation, heating and ventilation,
and other car controls with a screen.
14. A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 Q3 Q5 Q7 TT R8
INNOVATIVE MODELS UNLEACHED
Vorsprung Durch Technik:
Experience what we are doing today
to shape the future.
19. Pricing of a product is a big determinant of
how the market responds to the product.
Factors that affect the pricing of Audi car include;
• Costs; the company will be obliged to cover the costs
in order to make profits. For instance, making and
testing Audi car is quite expensive, hence it’s high
• Demand in the target market
• Competitors pricing
20. SOME MODELS AND THEIR PRICES
Audi A1 price in India:
Audi A3 Price in India: Rs.24,00,000
Audi A5 Price in India: Rs.38,00,000
Audi A6 Price in India:
21. Audi A7 Prices in India:
Audi A8 Price in India:
Audi Q5 Price in India:
22. Audi Q7 Prices in India:
Audi RS5 Prices in India:
Rs1,15,32,000 – Rs1,47,00,000
Audi RS8 Prices in India:
Audi RS5 Audi RS8
23. Credit Terms
Audi Finance- Finance
• Offers the ultimate in purchasing solutions to finance your Audi.
• At the end of contract the solutions can be tailored to suit your cash
flow, business and lifestyle requirements.
• Guarantee that the interest rate and repayments are fixed for the
duration of the contract.
24. Audi Finance- Benefits
committed to meeting the needs of Audi customers
The following benefits are:
• Case by case approvals
• Fast approval times
• Easy repayment options
• No account keeping fee
• Solution for all types of customers
25. • Choice of term
• Customer rewards and special offers
27. Place refers to the location of the business, and how reachable
it is to the customers (Londre), or the channel of distribution.
Audi is a company that is well established in the global
market, thus needs no big expansion into new markets.
Audi has 7 manufacturing plants around the world.
Audi's two principal assembly plants are:
• Ingolstadt, Opened by Auto Union in 1964, (A3, A4, A5, Q5)
• Neckarsulm, Acquired from NSU in 1969 (A6, A7, A8, R8 &
all RS variants)
28. Outside Germany, Audi produces vehicles at:
• Bratislava, Slovakia, shared with Volkswagen, SEAT, Škoda
and Porsche (Q7)
• Martorell, Catalonia, shared with SEAT and Volkswagen (Q3)
• Györ, Hungary, (TT and some A3 variants)
• Brussels, Belgium (A3 Cabriolet, A1)
Promotion refers to the communication regarding a
product so that customers are informed about it. It
is the creation of awareness (Londre).
• Audi is mostly promoted through advertisements
through the T.V, automobile magazines and billboards.
• This will eventually increase the sales since the
customers will have been informed about its features
32. Audi uses Viral Marketing
Audi using non-traditional selling methods
• Audi making use of Iphone by launching a free iPhone game, the
A4 Driving Challenge 2.0.
• Audi - the 1st automobile manufacturer to exploit the iPhone
applications, making credibility with scientifically inclined
33. Meet the Beckers
• Another viral campaign latterly launched by Audi.
• Meet the Beckers, a web series about a wealthy family of Audi
• The series has two released episodes- highly sarcastic and
confidently pokes fun at Audi's competitors.
Audi's Art of the Heist Campaign
• Campaigns employed to launch the A3 in 2005.
• Campaign started with a staged burglary at a Manhattan Audi
34. Audi TT Goes for a Swim
• In late 2007, Audi fixed up with Crossover magazine, a
magazine that mixes the sector of automobiles and fashion,
for a questionable photograph shoot in Britain.